Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
I'm rude, judgmental, and dislike most people. Ask me a/thin
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

OutATowner

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 10:31 pm
Are you happy with yourself? With circumstances, locations? Is it just people you don't like and you are otherwise generally happy, or are you a glass half empty person all around?

oliveoil

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 10:32 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Interesting.

What’s funny is that I also really can’t stand stupid people. And I am also crazy sensory. (If my kid touches the back of the seat I’m sitting on I have to restrain myself from smacking him in the face. Or if I taste something I don’t like, I’ll vomit.)

And yet, I am the exact opposite of you. I literally like EVERYBODY. Even when they don’t deserve it.

But, I actually do find your posts highly entertaining. That must be the part of me that “gets” you.

That is interesting. I cannot relate to that at all (liking everybody) but I do know people like that.

And I'm sorry about your sensory issues, but I have to say it makes me feel better to hear other adults deal with it too. It seems to be talked about exclusively in a young kids context but it something I struggle with daily.

oliveoil

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 10:35 pm
NovelConcept wrote:
"I'm rude, judgmental, and dislike most people."

Are you proud of that?

I don't know if I would say proud, but it definitely doesn't bother me.

NovelConcept

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 10:37 pm
oliveoil wrote:
I don't know if I would say proud, but it definitely doesn't bother me.

At least you're honest!

SuperWify

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 10:38 pm
oliveoil wrote:
a) it's definitely a struggle. And I really need time away from the hubbub so that I can keep myself under control. It's not their fault that I am the way I am, so I try to keep that in mind. (I think one of my answers above addresses this too).

b) not particularly, sorry...

How does DH handle the time you need away from him? My DH gets very insulted if I say I need alone time...

Regarding B- Yay so we’re even!

oliveoil

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 10:39 pm
OutATowner wrote:
Are you happy with yourself? With circumstances, locations? Is it just people you don't like and you are otherwise generally happy, or are you a glass half empty person all around?

Re happy with myself/circumstances/locations - this has fluctuated over the years depending on where I am in my life, but my judgmentalness and dislike of others has remained constant, so I do not think they are related.

I don't think anyone would call me a "happy person" but I'm also not a negative nelly. I definitely do see the world, people, life through a more morbid and dark lens. But I strongly dislike people who complain all the time and find fault with everything, so I make sure I am not one of them.

oliveoil

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 10:41 pm
SuperWify wrote:
How does DH handle the time you need away from him? My DH gets very insulted if I say I need alone time...

Regarding B- Yay so we’re even!

a) I think he's realized that it doesn't do him or anyone else in the house any favors not to give me that time. There is no other way for me to have relationships that work.

b) lol

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 10:43 pm
oliveoil wrote:
That is interesting. I cannot relate to that at all (liking everybody) but I do know people like that.

And I'm sorry about your sensory issues, but I have to say it makes me feel better to hear other adults deal with it too. It seems to be talked about exclusively in a young kids context but it something I struggle with daily.

You see? We share something already. I think that’s why I like everybody. Because people are people and we are all alike in some ways. And it is tough dealing with sensory issues. Other people can’t really understand what I got through at all. They think I’m exaggerating or making it up.

SuperWify

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 10:44 pm
oliveoil wrote:
a) I think he's realized that it doesn't do him or anyone else in the house any favors not to give me that time. There is no other way for me to have relationships that work.

b) lol

A) thanks for the food for thought. Makes me feel better Smile

B) Fibding some surprising common ground with you is making me start to like you.... Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil

cnc

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 11:02 pm
have you ever tried therapy? Either for your mental health or for your sensory issues?

NovelConcept

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 11:04 pm
You remind of someone I used to know. She used to say:
"I'm not racist; I hate everyone equally."

oliveoil

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 11:29 pm
cnc wrote:
have you ever tried therapy? Either for your mental health or for your sensory issues?

Yes. Unsuccessfully a number of times; more recently having a better experience.

Not for sensory issues.

Laiya

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 11:44 pm
Someone very close to me is like this. Middos are neither good nor bad. Cutting to the chase, seeing the reality of a situation and being direct, might make some people uncomfortable but is not inherently a negative thing. I appreciate knowing that this person will always be honest with me, and I think there is also a certain clarity of perception when you're not looking for a positive spin.

DREAMING

Post Sun, Nov 04 2018, 11:54 pm
I too have sensory issues. As a child I was "difficult" and "picky". Today I realize it's sensory issues and sometimes it really affects my life (kids wanting to sit to close or someone touching my chair or fitted clothes, certain smells.....)

Actually good to hear others experiences.

etky

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 12:36 am
NovelConcept wrote:
At least you're honest!

And incredibly self-aware!

ora_43

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 1:09 am
So maybe this says something about me, but I never thought of your posts as rude.

Very very direct, maybe. But not deliberately unkind. You don't only jump into threads when there's something to criticize, you also post a lot of things that are genuinely helpful.

Anyway, my questions:

How does disliking everyone work for you re: ahavat habriyot? Do you manage to love people without liking them? (I do think humanity is a lot easier to love from a distance)

Are you a writer? And if so, what do you write (books v articles, genre, etc)? Super nosy question, I know, but hey, you said anything.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 2:35 am
Do you have any diagnosis? Or is it just a different spectrum of personality?
Now that you’ve poster this, I like you more.

OutATowner

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 10:33 am
Did something happen that caused you to have this outlook, or is it just your nature?
Eta: I also have sensory issues, not with taste but sound and touch, and space. Yesterday I yelled at DH for hovering too closely to one of our kids. I felt like the world was caving in on me watching them.

subee

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 10:48 am
Regarding the sensory issues, I recently went to a contuing education course given by Miriam Manella, (not sure of the spelling) an OT, and she works with adults with sensory issues, in NJ, maybe Passaic. So it can be worked on even with an adult.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 11:04 am
I relate to the sensory overload issue!
Page 2 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics