Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
I'm rude, judgmental, and dislike most people. Ask me a/thin
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

InnerMe

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 8:31 am
Coffee Addict wrote:
I always saw you’re rude in your posts. It’s just funny that you admit it! Fascinating! LOL

You’re quite cute, not when you’re rude though Very Happy

Lol coffee, you're quite cute too the way you expressed this. I totally agree.
Olive- sometimes I find you incredibly bitter and yes, rude, but sometimes your logic is so spot on. You're a straight shooter, and you'll say it like it is and many times, I think more so lately, I'll find myself nodding along with the way you expressed it. You have a certain keen understanding of concepts, and I can't help but think that you are really smart.

It's interesting to me how you unapologetically say that you are rude and judgmental.

Is it something that ever bothers you or are you perfectly ok with that?

Do you ever feel that if you were more kind in your words you'd be less lonely?

Are your childrens' personality like yours? Different? Your dh's?

Do you think if your life situation had been different your personality would be different?

Ok, that's a lot of questions. Feel free to be rude in your answer LOL

Last edited by InnerMe on Mon, Nov 05 2018, 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total

InnerMe

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 8:39 am
oliveoil wrote:
re the meetups - did I mention I'm super anti-social??

Lol.
I'm wondering how a meetup of rude judgmental, antisocial people would look.
Would eveyone be eyeballing each other and racing each other to make the rudest comments? No eye contact, whatsoever and sitting 10 miles away from each other?
I'm having a very funny image in my mind.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 8:43 am
SuperWify wrote:
Do you have kids? If so how do you have patience to deal with them? What about a husband?

I get the need for space btw- I need it too sometimes.

Do you like me as a poster- I won’t take offense...

She doesn't like me either; oh well but I like you, Superwify.

tomboy

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 9:10 am
OP, you actually sound like a really likable person and plenty intriguing. I have sensory issues too that make me irritable and grumpy at times, but when I'm not irritable I love people.

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 9:25 am
Do you ever get lonely?

Do you assume the worst in people- the worst intentions etc?

L25

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 9:39 am
do your kids have friends over ever? is that hard for you?

are your kids objectively the type of people you would like or its more like a conscious decision of they are my kids therefore I love them?

what about your husband- made you like him?
Was dating hard?

Coffee Addict

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 9:39 am
I’m also relating to sensory issues. I’m very sensory, Combined with ocd, that makes it not a fun mixture! Very annoying on a day to day life.

Coffee Addict

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 9:40 am
InnerMe wrote:
Lol.
Would eveyone be eyeballing each other and racing each other to make the rudest comments? No eye contact, whatsoever and sitting 10 miles away from each other?

This made me LOL so hard!!!

oliveoil

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 11:54 am
Iymnok wrote:
Do you have any diagnosis? Or is it just a different spectrum of personality?
Now that you’ve poster this, I like you more.

a) no diagnosis

b) shoot! that was not my intention

oliveoil

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 11:58 am
ora_43 wrote:
So maybe this says something about me, but I never thought of your posts as rude.

Very very direct, maybe. But not deliberately unkind. You don't only jump into threads when there's something to criticize, you also post a lot of things that are genuinely helpful.

Anyway, my questions:

How does disliking everyone work for you re: ahavat habriyot? Do you manage to love people without liking them? (I do think humanity is a lot easier to love from a distance)

Are you a writer? And if so, what do you write (books v articles, genre, etc)? Super nosy question, I know, but hey, you said anything.

a. thank you

b. good question. I honestly don't think much about that. I have so many other things to work on that if I ever get to that one, I guess I'll have to figure something out.

c. yes, I am a writer and editor. I've written some books and edited many more. I've worked across many genres. I've written for magazines, websites, businesses both within and outside of the Jewish community. For example, I recently finished a year-long job editing a five-volume scholarly work.

ora_43

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 11:58 am
InnerMe wrote:
Lol.

5 minutes of awkward silence

20 minutes ranting together about stupid tattoos

25 minutes of vicious debate after someone brings up politics

Everyone leaves knowing they've made the best kind of new friends: the kind that won't be offended when they don't keep in touch.

That's how I picture it, anyway. Very Happy

oliveoil

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 11:59 am
OutATowner wrote:
Did something happen that caused you to have this outlook, or is it just your nature?
Eta: I also have sensory issues, not with taste but sound and touch, and space. Yesterday I yelled at DH for hovering too closely to one of our kids. I felt like the world was caving in on me watching them.

a. hard to know really. I think it's just my nature, but who knows? Perhaps if I'd grown up differently I would have felt differently about people. I'm not sure I agree, but it has been suggested to me.

b. who knew there were so many of us!

oliveoil

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 12:00 pm
subee wrote:
Regarding the sensory issues, I recently went to a contuing education course given by Miriam Manella, (not sure of the spelling) an OT, and she works with adults with sensory issues, in NJ, maybe Passaic. So it can be worked on even with an adult.

Good to know. Thanks. I only ever hear it talked about in the context of preschool kids.

oliveoil

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 12:02 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Do you ever get lonely?

Do you assume the worst in people- the worst intentions etc?

a. occasionally, yes. I do still need social interaction, although probably less than most other people. When I go too long without, I do feel it. The problem is that I max out so quickly and then lose patience with the other person and literally cannot tolerate another minute of their company.

b. actually, no, not always.

InnerMe

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 12:07 pm
ora_43 wrote:
5 minutes of awkward silence

20 minutes ranting together about stupid tattoos

25 minutes of vicious debate after someone brings up politics

Everyone leaves knowing they've made the best kind of new friends: the kind that won't be offended when they don't keep in touch.

That's how I picture it, anyway. Very Happy

LOL.
This mental image is too funny!!
And the bolded: Best line ever.

oliveoil

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 12:09 pm
L25 wrote:
do your kids have friends over ever? is that hard for you?

are your kids objectively the type of people you would like or its more like a conscious decision of they are my kids therefore I love them?

what about your husband- made you like him?
Was dating hard?

a. they do, but it is very hard for me.

b. This really requires a much longer answer than I have time for right now, but I do love my kids. Like most people, I think I have some kids that I find harder to relate to, or who have habits I struggle to accept, but I don't dislike them.

c. I do have people in my life that I like, just not many. On the one hand, dating was easy because I always knew immediately if I was interested in getting to know the person further. Not a lot of wondering and being unsure. On the other hand, it was hard having to then sit through the date with that person and keep being polite and friendly.

oliveoil

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 12:13 pm
InnerMe wrote:

Olive- sometimes I find you incredibly bitter and yes, rude, but sometimes your logic is so spot on. You're a straight shooter, and you'll say it like it is and many times, I think more so lately, I'll find myself nodding along with the way you expressed it. You have a certain keen understanding of concepts, and I can't help but think that you are really smart.

It's interesting to me how you unapologetically say that you are rude and judgmental.

Is it something that ever bothers you or are you perfectly ok with that?

Do you ever feel that if you were more kind in your words you'd be less lonely?

Are your childrens' personality like yours? Different? Your dh's?

Do you think if your life situation had been different your personality would be different?

Ok, that's a lot of questions. Feel free to be rude in your answer LOL

a. Thank you.

b. I really can't say it bothers me. Occasionally I feel like it should, but it's never much more than a rare fleeting thought.

c. I wouldn't say I'm lonely most of the time. Occasionally, yes. But I do have a small group of people whose company I enjoy and usually that's enough.

d. Mostly not. We all laugh about my way of seeing the world/life/other people.

e. It's impossible to know. It has definitely been suggested to me that had I grown up differently I may feel differently about people.

L25

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 12:23 pm
what type of people do you like? does your husband like people?

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 3:00 pm
OutATowner wrote:
Did something happen that caused you to have this outlook, or is it just your nature?
Eta: I also have sensory issues, not with taste but sound and touch, and space. Yesterday I yelled at DH for hovering too closely to one of our kids. I felt like the world was caving in on me watching them.

Not to hijack this thread, but I'm amazed how many regular posters here have sensory issues! Count me in as well.

This is really interesting because I never meet ANYONE with sensory issues in real life. At least on imamother I fit in!

oliveoil

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 3:12 pm
L25 wrote:
what type of people do you like? does your husband like people?

a) hard to generalize, it's so individual

b) he's much more easygoing than I am, but he can relate to some of my irritations.
Page 3 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics