Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
I'm rude, judgmental, and dislike most people. Ask me a/thin
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

NovelConcept

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 12:08 am
oliveoil wrote:
good quality olive oil is definitely not bitter! It's rich and wonderful and a small drizzle goes a long way.

Totally agree with you! And it's so healthy! But add too much fire and it turns rancid really fast...

oliveoil

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 2:00 am
NovelConcept wrote:
Totally agree with you! And it's so healthy! But add too much fire and it turns rancid really fast...

Nah, oil goes rancid from being stored improperly or left lying around unused for too long.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 2:06 am
Do you compliment your children?
Do they feel that you love them and will advocate for them?
Do you feel that they would feel safe coming to you with a fear or concern?

Iymnok

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 2:09 am
oliveoil wrote:
a) no diagnosis

b) shoot! that was not my intention

I’m sorry!
Okay, I take it back. I respect you. I won’t cross the Atlantic to force my friendship on you.
I do find you fascinating though,

dankbar

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 2:26 am
I think according to your responses, that you are gifted, super bright, sharp that is why you find ordinary people stupid & irritating. Its like you are beyond them so you can't even have a conversation with them. Such people sometimes fall out of society for this reason. In this sense I can somehow relate, sometimes when you see a group of people in animated convo group & you want to join them but you realize they are talking about the details of someone's dress by a wedding....or they are discussing what they are making for dinner duh? I enjoy people who I can have deep conversarions with. "smart people talk about ideas, ordinary people talk about things-(stuff) & low people talk about people"

I also think that being gifted & ADHD go together. Being that you are not interested what the other stupid person is babbling to you about + plus zero attention span for stuff that don't interest you, you tune out....fly away somewhere with your mind- that can be part of ADD.
Don't get offended if it doesn't apply to you, then disregard.

ChassidishMommy

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 8:00 am
I find you fascinating.
Do you love yourself?
What I've seen in general is that people who love themselves tend to love others, and vice versa. I've also seen people who learned to love themselves and a natural result was love of others. Do you feel love towards the person in the mirror, or you beleive the very idea to be ridiculous?

Cheiny

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 10:01 am
oliveoil wrote:
This is a tough one. For the most part I genuinely don't care. I think I explained in an earlier answer that I don't expect or particularly want people to like me either.

But that doesn't mean I don't occasionally get offended by rudeness or judgmentalism from someone else. But I do always realize how hypocritical that is and give myself a good talking to when it happens.

Then please keep talking to yourself

kneidel

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 10:05 am
Cheiny wrote:
Then please keep talking to yourself

Is this a question? I think that's what AMA means. Unless you feel this response is kind? Helpful?

InnerMe

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 10:21 am
oliveoil wrote:
a. Thank you.

b. I really can't say it bothers me. Occasionally I feel like it should, but it's never much more than a rare fleeting thought.

c. I wouldn't say I'm lonely most of the time. Occasionally, yes. But I do have a small group of people whose company I enjoy and usually that's enough.

d. Mostly not. We all laugh about my way of seeing the world/life/other people.

e. It's impossible to know. It has definitely been suggested to me that had I grown up differently I may feel differently about people.

Thanks for the answers.
I think this thread is having a terrible effect on you: It's making you likeable LOL For real.
It is so interesting and insightful to get a glimpse into the workings of your mind.
And you're doing lots of talking here for someone who's antisocial.
Some more questions: (Once again feel free to be rude as in "gosh, how intrusive can a person get Rolling Eyes" and/or not to answer any questions)

Are you ok with any of your children turning out to be like you in personality?
Are you ever worried that you are setting a bad example?
Do you sometimes feel you live in an alternative universe than most people?
Would you say you are a 4 on the enneagram?
How do you get clients for your writing work?
Do you ever write for frum magazines?

oliveoil

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 2:08 pm
Iymnok wrote:
Do you compliment your children?
Do they feel that you love them and will advocate for them?
Do you feel that they would feel safe coming to you with a fear or concern?

a. yes, absolutely, but not the BS type compliments that everyone knows are meaningless.

b. yes.

c. I hope so. No way to know what they haven't come to me with, but they do come to me with stuff quite regularly.

oliveoil

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 2:11 pm
dankbar wrote:
I think according to your responses, that you are gifted, super bright, sharp that is why you find ordinary people stupid & irritating. Its like you are beyond them so you can't even have a conversation with them. Such people sometimes fall out of society for this reason. In this sense I can somehow relate, sometimes when you see a group of people in animated convo group & you want to join them but you realize they are talking about the details of someone's dress by a wedding....or they are discussing what they are making for dinner duh? I enjoy people who I can have deep conversarions with. "smart people talk about ideas, ordinary people talk about things-(stuff) & low people talk about people"

I also think that being gifted & ADHD go together. Being that you are not interested what the other stupid person is babbling to you about + plus zero attention span for stuff that don't interest you, you tune out....fly away somewhere with your mind- that can be part of ADD.
Don't get offended if it doesn't apply to you, then disregard.

Not offended.

I am definitely on the higher end of the "smart scale" (not my doing, just what I was blessed with) but I would not fall into the category of gifted.

While it's true that I have no interest and little patience for small talk and conversations with people I don't like or don't see a relationship with, I do not hit the markers for ADHD.

oliveoil

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 2:11 pm
ChassidishMommy wrote:
I find you fascinating.
Do you love yourself?
What I've seen in general is that people who love themselves tend to love others, and vice versa. I've also seen people who learned to love themselves and a natural result was love of others. Do you feel love towards the person in the mirror, or you beleive the very idea to be ridiculous?

I definitely find the idea ridiculous.

L25

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 2:15 pm
why do you spend time on amother, doesn't it just annoy you?

oliveoil

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 2:17 pm
InnerMe wrote:
Thanks for the answers.
I think this thread is having a terrible effect on you: It's making you likeable LOL For real.
It is so interesting and insightful to get a glimpse into the workings of your mind.
And you're doing lots of talking here for someone who's antisocial.
Some more questions: (Once again feel free to be rude as in "gosh, how intrusive can a person get Rolling Eyes" and/or not to answer any questions)

Are you ok with any of your children turning out to be like you in personality?
Are you ever worried that you are setting a bad example?
Do you sometimes feel you live in an alternative universe than most people?
Would you say you are a 4 on the enneagram?
How do you get clients for your writing work?
Do you ever write for frum magazines?

I know! It's a problem!

a. Good question. I'm not sure. I need some time to think about that.

b. For the most part we laugh together (me, my husband, kids, siblings, the few friends I do have, etc.) about my "isms" so I think they pick up on that and don't take it so seriously.

c. definitely

d. I have no idea, hate those things.

e. at this point, mostly word of mouth.

f. not currently, but I have in the past. But it was not my own stuff. I was doing interviews and writing them up, that kind of thing. Some obits, covered some events. etc.

oliveoil

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 2:22 pm
L25 wrote:
why do you spend time on amother, doesn't it just annoy you?

Everything annoys me!

But actually, I like that here I can just bounce in and out as suits me.

Also - look how long I've been here - it's a deeply ingrained habit at this point!

I do take time away when needed, and I skip a lot of the threads that either don't interest me, or are repeats of the same discussion for the 75 millionth time, or are started or dominated by posters I can't stand.

InnerMe

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 2:26 pm
oliveoil wrote:
I know! It's a problem!

a. Good question. I'm not sure. I need some time to think about that.

b. For the most part we laugh together (me, my husband, kids, siblings, the few friends I do have, etc.) about my "isms" so I think they pick up on that and don't take it so seriously.

c. definitely

d. I have no idea, hate those things.

e. at this point, mostly word of mouth.

f. not currently, but I have in the past. But it was not my own stuff. I was doing interviews and writing them up, that kind of thing. Some obits, covered some events. etc.

Ok, you sufficiently answered my questions without being rude! Very Happy
Now I'll let you get back to your book, or your writing, or just to thinking judgmental thoughts!
I'm terribly sorry to say this but this thread has made me like you. And you are brave for answering the questions honestly and openly. (I'm getting the impression that you hate compliments. Especially those feel good ones. So I crossed it out)

L25

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 2:55 pm
are there any posters here that you actually like? or it's just a matter of how much they annoy you Wink?
do you have a hard time dealing with society when you have to because of your kids- like do their teachers get on your nerves?

oliveoil

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 11:07 pm
InnerMe wrote:
Ok, you sufficiently answered my questions without being rude! Very Happy
Now I'll let you get back to your book, or your writing, or just to thinking judgmental thoughts!
I'm terribly sorry to say this but this thread has made me like you. And you are brave for answering the questions honestly and openly. (I'm getting the impression that you hate compliments. Especially those feel good ones. So I crossed it out)

that is definitely accurate. thanks for crossing it out ;-)

oliveoil

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 11:09 pm
L25 wrote:
are there any posters here that you actually like? or it's just a matter of how much they annoy you Wink?
do you have a hard time dealing with society when you have to because of your kids- like do their teachers get on your nerves?

a) actively like...not sure. the names that stand out are the ones I can't stand or find supremely irritating. Some of the old posters who have left, I have fondish memories of. And there are definitely names I'm happier to see on threads.

b) yes, very much.

crust

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 12:20 am
Innerme you are just being too cute on this thread. I love you.
Dont worry oliveoil. I respect your wish of not being told you are loveable so I won't dare saying that.
But this us an ama thread so I cant resist; can you accept loving words from your husband?

Innerme she seems like a 5 with a 6 wing.
Page 5 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics