Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
BLACK FRIDAY & CYBER MONDAY DEALS 2018
  1  2  3  10  11  12  Next

groisamomma

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 7:24 am
I've waited for Black Friday to purchase some things but I'm terrible at finding good deals, so I was hoping some of you ladies would help me out. Nothing fancy, just functional.

A basic microwave
Sandwich maker
Women's sneakers

DD wants to buy herself a new camera- specifically the purple one from Canon (Elph 360, I believe) and a pair of women's natives

Any and all help is appreciated. Oh, and I'll go down and wait in the long lines if it's in-store only. That's part of the fun!

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 7:33 am
Sneakers- amazon and all the sneaker brands will have deals. Last year I bought Nikes for a good price ($50-70, I don't remember, which was a good deal for the style of sneakers that I wanted) on Nike's website.
Department stores online and in store will also have discounts for shoes including sneakers.

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 1:07 pm
Absurdly, the advertising and "presales" started already, 4 weeks in advance. I don't know why they even still call it "Black Friday" instead of "Black November" or even just "Hey everybody we're having a sale so please come buy stuff."

In any case, time to start posting anything special you find or are looking for!

nomismommy

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 3:16 pm
There will be sales almost everywhere but you really need to compare prices. I'm a bargain Hunter and I know that a lot of websites or shops up the prices in the weeks before Black Friday. So you think it's a bargain but it's really not. Best thing is to compare ..

rgr

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 3:27 pm
Im super excited.
Best buy, Target and Amazon have free shipping for everyone until the end of the year!
You don't get other prime benefits, and it's 5 day shipping instead of 2 day but it still great for me

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 3:32 pm
I don't need anything big this year (last year I replaced my failing laptop) but I'm thinking of a blender for smoothies. My old cheap one is small and leaves chunks.

I'm also looking for games. DD really wants Ticket to Ride which is usually $45. She also wants Monopoly which is not generally expensive but would be nice to get it on the cheap.

HappyMom5

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 5:13 pm
FYI https://www.blinq.com/detail/t.....d-new
Ticket to ride for about $27

happymom123

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 5:16 pm
I'm looking for the jj Cole bundleme polar on sale if anyone notices

smileforamile

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 5:16 pm
Looking for a new laptop, preferably core i5 or above, most important is speed and RAM.

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 5:21 pm
Oh and I have instapot on my wishlist but I'm not sure it's worth it if I end up spending $ on other stuff

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 5:24 pm
Oh I didn't realize there was already a Black Friday thread and I started a new one. Oops.

All the department stores (Kohl's, Macy's, maybe Target) will have basic sandwich maker for around $10. Some will involve rebates. If you have any store-specific cards or promos then that's the store to stick with.

proudmomma

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 6:25 pm
Some store's ads are out already! I'm also on the lookout for a new microwave. I got 2 before I got married on black Friday for 18$ & 24$ the next year. The last few years though, there weren't any great deals on Micros 😐

I did notice that Target has a Graco pack n play for 25$!!!! That's an incredible price!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 10:47 pm
seeker -- ninja prep if it goes on sale (I think I spent like $35ish at Kohls not on a Black Friday sale but with coupons) and as far as instapot, it goes on sale for $49 often enough (Prime Day, even after Prime Day on a random sale -- you can use camelcamelcamel and set what you want your target price to be and save it for a different sale if you feel like you'll end up spending too much this November....)

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 10:56 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
seeker -- ninja prep if it goes on sale (I think I spent like $35ish at Kohls not on a Black Friday sale but with coupons) and as far as instapot, it goes on sale for $49 often enough (Prime Day, even after Prime Day on a random sale -- you can use camelcamelcamel and set what you want your target price to be and save it for a different sale if you feel like you'll end up spending too much this November....)

Yes, along those lines.
One difficulty I have is that there seem to be a lot of models that I can't sort out the differences and figure out what is important and what is really a value. And also hard to set price watches when each one has a different twist on it, because you could have a price watch on model number AB1234 and then they put the sale on model AB1235.
I haven't seen the really low instapot sales often. I follow deal websites that tend to jump on that, and I've seen it hit bottom price maybe once a year. $50 would be good with me. I also need to figure out what size to get to meet the sweet spot between counter footprint and portion size. I have a small family but I like to freeze leftovers, on the other hand I don't have unlimited kitchen space and if I get an instapot then the breadmaker ought to leave. The blender will need a home too, which is why I had a mini one before, but we're outgrowing that.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 11:04 pm
The one that goes on sale for $49 is the IP-LUX60 IIRC -- I saw it on sale Black Friday, Prime Day, and also a few weeks after Prime Day. Could have been some times in between too.

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 11:08 pm
Is it the same in function to the ones that don't go down to $50? The usual "hot sale" price on instapots seems to be $70

precious

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 8:46 am
Days Of Wonder Ticket To Ride Board Game For $24.99 Shipped From Amazon After $20 Price Drop!

cbg

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 8:52 am
If it’s clothes I find better deals mid January

seeker

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 10:53 am
precious wrote:
Days Of Wonder Ticket To Ride Board Game For $24.99 Shipped From Amazon After $20 Price Drop!

Thanks! Bought!

seeker

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 3:05 pm
cbg wrote:
If it’s clothes I find better deals mid January

Thanks for the tip.
I've found good BF prices on little things like gloves, winter hats, pajamas. And also usually a few coats marked down extra. I would love to get on that but I don't think I can wait... It's a little iffy I guess!
Page 1 of 12   1  2  3  10  11  12  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains