Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
BLACK FRIDAY & CYBER MONDAY DEALS 2018
  Previous  1  2  3   10  11  12  Next

r1

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 4:59 pm
Any good deals on uggs ?

ahuva06

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 5:09 pm
r1 wrote:
Any good deals on uggs ?

Nordstrom has uggs on sale today!! Check out metziahs.com they have a direct link.

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 5:25 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
The one that goes on sale for $49 is the IP-LUX60 IIRC -- I saw it on sale Black Friday, Prime Day, and also a few weeks after Prime Day. Could have been some times in between too.

Just wanted to add that thanks to imamother, I bought this instant pot in the summer! It was 49 dollars on Amazon for about a few hours, and I grabbed it!

I have a six quart pot, and I do think it's a good size. I'm not sure if eight quart would be better - were thinking of getting both.

Thank you all imamothers who introduced me to the instant pot - we all love it!

ahuva06

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 5:31 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
Just wanted to add that thanks to imamother, I bought this instant pot in the summer! It was 49 dollars on Amazon for about a few hours, and I grabbed it!

I have a six quart pot, and I do think it's a good size. I'm not sure if eight quart would be better - were thinking of getting both.

Can we start a s/o on instant pot recipes? I have one too and would love to hear what people make in it!

r1

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 5:58 pm
ahuva06 wrote:
Nordstrom has uggs on sale today!! Check out metziahs.com they have a direct link.

Just checked and didn’t see it- can u post a link? Thanks!!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 10:22 pm
seeker wrote:
Is it the same in function to the ones that don't go down to $50? The usual "hot sale" price on instapots seems to be $70

I think it might be a 6 in 1 instead of a 7 in 1 meaning it's missing the yogurt feature. Considering I don't want mine to be milchig, I don't mind missing out on that Smile

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 10:24 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:

I thought I would want an 8 qt but won a 6 qt. It turned out to be just enough for my family (we are 10 people) but not enough to have extra for more than 1 meal. 8 quart takes longer to come to pressure, so I don't regret having the 6 qt. It works well for fish and eggs and potatoes and stuff like that -- it all fits fine for me.

seeker

Post Fri, Nov 09 2018, 1:03 am
How much space does it take up? Like counter footprint? I'm sure 6qt would be fine for us. I sometimes use a larger pot for soup because I like a freezer stash, but if it's indeed easier to make in the instapot anyway then I could deal with that. Someone I once spent Shabbos with served a delicious, rich chicken soup that she said took 45 minutes to cook! (I guess my next question, which should maybe be in some other thread, is can you get a separate insert and use the same machine for meat and parve?)

dankbar

Post Fri, Nov 09 2018, 3:52 am
Last year I went on Thu night to Woodbury Commons,got beautiful stuff for myself for so cheap. It was pretty cool & pleasant unlike the city.

I got pink wristlet nine west $9.
Clark's shoes $30.
Sweaters by Loft for about $23
Necklaces for $10.

dankbar

Post Fri, Nov 09 2018, 3:54 am
I can't go anon, so dont tell anyone my secret that I spent so little on nice stuff. 😉

jewishmom6

Post Fri, Nov 09 2018, 9:25 am
Mommyg8 wrote:

If you are happy with your instant pot, care to share the link? If I like to make more and freeze, should I rather go for a 8 Qt?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 9:26 pm
seeker wrote:
How much space does it take up? Like counter footprint? I'm sure 6qt would be fine for us. I sometimes use a larger pot for soup because I like a freezer stash, but if it's indeed easier to make in the instapot anyway then I could deal with that. Someone I once spent Shabbos with served a delicious, rich chicken soup that she said took 45 minutes to cook! (I guess my next question, which should maybe be in some other thread, is can you get a separate insert and use the same machine for meat and parve?)

I don't know how much space it takes up. About the same size as my crockpot I think (I have a taller one vs flatter one)...but B"H counter space is not an issue for me

confetti

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 9:34 pm
seeker wrote:
I don't need anything big this year (last year I replaced my failing laptop) but I'm thinking of a blender for smoothies. My old cheap one is small and leaves chunks.

I'm also looking for games. DD really wants Ticket to Ride which is usually $45. She also wants Monopoly which is not generally expensive but would be nice to get it on the cheap.

I am looking for a smoothie blender too! Let me know what you find!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 11:48 pm
This is what I have for smoothies: https://www.kohls.com/product/.....dPV=2
If you have a Kohls card, it's $30% off plus $10 off for Veteran's Day (maybe another $10 for home stuff over $50:
Apple30 (expires 11/15)
NovHome10 (expires 11/18)
Veterans (expires 11/12)
That brings it down to $27. I don't have store pickup available here but if you do, that can save you on shipping or you can add stuff to your cart to get to $50 or you can pay $8.95 shipping...for my local tax plus shipping, the total is $39.53 which is still a good price.

We use this all the time. I've had it 5+ years (I don't remember; I do know I bought it before I moved to this house, so maybe 5-7 years old?)...we use it a lot and we crush ice very well. My kids made iced coffee in it today...I really like this model Smile

trixx

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 12:49 am
seeker wrote:

I don't think so bc of the steam
Like spices becoming meat from pouring into a steaming pot - if you hold by that then this may be a prob

chanchy123

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 2:18 am
seeker wrote:
I don't need anything big this year (last year I replaced my failing laptop) but I'm thinking of a blender for smoothies. My old cheap one is small and leaves chunks.

I'm also looking for games. DD really wants Ticket to Ride which is usually $45. She also wants Monopoly which is not generally expensive but would be nice to get it on the cheap.

Ticket to Ride was on sale at Barnes and Noble last week (25-30%) off.

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 2:19 am
Thanks! Ticket to Ride was down to $25 on Amazon last week so I snagged it there Smile I think that also looks very hopeful for anyone who missed it, if they did it once then it's likely to occur again.

chanchy123

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 2:20 am
I am looking for Corelle sets on Black Friday deals. I'm not in the US but DH will be next week - so if you see any good deals please direct me.

chanchy123

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 2:22 am
seeker wrote:
Thanks! Ticket to Ride was down to $25 on Amazon last week so I snagged it there Smile I think that also looks very hopeful for anyone who missed it, if they did it once then it's likely to occur again.

Now I feel a little bit like a frier for buying it at Barnes and Noble Wink .
Anyhow - the game was already played this Shabbat afternoon in my house, so all is good.

abound

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 2:36 am
any good phones, I need a cell phone and cannot want to spend a few hundred dollars.
Page 2 of 12   Previous  1  2  3   10  11  12  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains