Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Spinoff: cleaning lady breaking things
Previous  1  2

Cheiny

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 4:11 pm
amother wrote:
It's true though. I find them extremley not careful. Even the good one, I think they dont' realize the value of our items.
My cleaning lady would constanly keep banging the broom into my italian dining room chairs and I felt bad saying anything, now the bottoms are chipped. And shes supposedly very good but I would think most people had sense not to keep banging a broom into fancy chairs.

Mine once broke a small decorative bottle, and then took out a $10 bill and wanted to repay me..of course I didn’t take it. If it was a habit though I’d get rid of her,

Cheiny

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 4:12 pm
amother wrote:
Maybe if cleaning ladies were treated with more respect, they might treat your property with more respect.

Feel grateful that you can afford fine dinnerware. I am sure your cleaning ladies can’t.

If you have so much disdain for cleaning ladies and their abilities, do your own cleaning.

Speaking of disdain.,..

essie14

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 12:10 am
My kids have broken way more stuff than any cleaning ladies have. 🙄

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 12:22 am
amother wrote:
Maybe if cleaning ladies were treated with more respect, they might treat your property with more respect.

Feel grateful that you can afford fine dinnerware. I am sure your cleaning ladies can’t.

If you have so much disdain for cleaning ladies and their abilities, do your own cleaning.

This is why I don’t give them certain jobs I’m realistic and I do like it myself. It’s not about disdain I am so grateful for my cleaning help. And anything expensive that I have , I got married with by the way. I can’t afford fancy things... before ur so quick to jump to conclusions

Raisin

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 9:52 am
My cl is pretty good at not breaking things. Of course she has broken her fair share of plates, glasses, salad bowls but I don't buy expensive ones so I really don't care and expect breakage.

I would be upset if she broke an expensive, necessary item like a refrigerator shelf or other spare part but unless she was being purposely careless not sure I could blame her and would never ask her to pay.

I do find the lack of english frustrating. She does sometimes do things like putting chrain in the cupboard, expensive french cheese in the freezer, colourful measuring cups in the toy box.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry