Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling
English-language curriculum

israelimom

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 2:24 pm
I live in the north of Israel, where my kids (4th and 7th grade) have four weekly hours of English during the school day. None of their classmates are native English speakers, so my girls are far ahead of their peers during that class. I've committed to coming in once a week and teaching each of them separately, each for an hour (the remaining three hours will be spent either reading, completing assignments or "helping the teacher" Rolling Eyes

I'm looking for any resources to help me make the most of that one-on-one time with my girls. I want to make the most of that precious hour together to really further their English! Any advice from you seasoned homeschoolers would be very appreciated.

yaelinIN

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 3:30 pm
What exactly do you hope to learn with your children during that hour? What else will you do during the rest of the week to support this goal? One hour once a week isn't all that much and to get into deeper learning will certainly need time outside this hour because there won't be a great deal of retention.

If you can answer your educational goals, we might be able to help more.

israelimom

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 11:35 pm
In response to your question, I'm frankly not sure what I hope to accomplish here. The one-on-one is limited to an hour per girl, and those are the confines of the arrangement. I'm seeking suggestions as to what would be a good use of that time. The remaining three school hours of English instruction would be used to supplement whatever it is that we're accomplishing during that one hour.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling