Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Flatbush playgroup in middle of the year?

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 8:01 pm
My DS is 20 months old. My MIL currently watches him every day. However, I think he really could use social contact and some more stimulation. He's a bright, curious kid, and my MIL spends her whole day running after him. I just didn't realize that he would need it this badly... none of my family members went to playgroup at this age, and my SILs also kept their kids by my MIL until the year after they turned 2.

Is there a playgroup in Flatbush that might have an opening?

Here are the other problems I have, though:
1) it's expensive to send to playgroup. Right now I have free babysitting. It's not going to be easy to afford a year earlier than I expected.
2) We would need some sort of transportation arrangement to and from my MIL, since dh and I both have full schedules.

What do you think?

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Nov 05 2018, 10:03 pm
Bump?

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 10:13 pm
I’m having a very similar issue. Desperately looking for a playgroup for ds, 22 months. Sorry I can’t help, just relate. Hope it works out!

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 3:35 pm
Bump
Also looking 20 mth old

TCR

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 9:45 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
Bump
Also looking 20 mth old

which area are u looking in? I might be able to help but depends on location

dovebird

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 10:30 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
Bump
Also looking 20 mth old

Maybe we could start a rotating playgroup. Sounds like a lot of us are having this problem:(

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 10:40 pm
dovebird wrote:
Maybe we could start a rotating playgroup. Sounds like a lot of us are having this problem:(

I never did find one last year.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 10:42 pm
I feel like I wrote this post! My friend is sending to bais fraida. I think it has extended hours and she was really happy there with her others. I don't think there is transportation though. My neighbor who does this age is officially full and didn't seem like she wanted him before the summer. I called my neighbor who does older twos and she says she will think about it.
Honestly, I feel like by mil focus is on diapering, feeding and napping the kids. He needs an hour and a half nap now and is doing amazing in camp from 10-2. My mil won't tell me to spend the money but she really knows he needs it. My son is talking a lot, mature and is happy to play with the rest of the older kids.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics