Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Farrakhan in Iran, Calls America “Great Satan”; ‘Death to
Previous  1  2  3  Next

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 12:06 pm
Mevater wrote:
Definitely true, but are there any Jewish-friendly politicians with concern for Israel, among them?

Of course there are. And non-Jewish politicians with concern for Israel.

Mevater

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 12:11 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Of course there are. And non-Jewish politicians with concern for Israel.

Please name any Jewish/Israel-friendly (dont have to be Jewish) Republican politicians who encourage voting for Democrats.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 12:15 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Lol

Ever hear of George Will?

Just by way of example.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 12:18 pm
Mevater wrote:
Please name any Jewish/Israel-friendly (dont have to be Jewish) Republican politicians who encourage voting for Democrats.

Local, but easy to find.

https://www.northjersey.com/st.....4002/

Honestly. Read a legitimate mainstream newspaper, not right-wing advocacy sites, and see what is going on.

Mevater

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 12:27 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Honestly. Read a legitimate mainstream newspaper, not right-wing advocacy sites, and see what is going on.

So Hikind is the exception and his analysis is flawed?

George Will is a journalist who thinks Trump is an impulsive idiot. What does that have to do with Hikind's stated Trump accomplishments?

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 12:40 pm
Mevater wrote:

George Will is a journalist who thinks Trump is an impulsive idiot. What does that have to do with Hikind's stated Trump accomplishments?

Yes, Hikind's analysis is flawed. Is he the exception? No idea.

You asked for a Republican who urged everyone to vote Democrat. I gave you an extremely prominent and well-respected one. You reject George Will -- insinuating that Hikind is more prominent, somehow -- out of hand. Largely because ... well, because he said exactly what you asked me to name someone who did.

Sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming I'M NOT GOING TO LISTEN TO YOUR RESPONSES does not create an intelligent conversation.

Mevater

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 12:58 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

You asked for a Republican who urged everyone to vote Democrat. I gave you an extremely prominent and well-respected one. You reject George Will -- insinuating that Hikind is more prominent, somehow -- out of hand. Largely because ... well, because he said exactly what you asked me to name someone who did.

Sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming I'M NOT GOING TO LISTEN TO YOUR RESPONSES does not create an intelligent conversation.

I asked for ANY , even ONE, Jewish-Israel friendly (doesnt have to be Jewish, just one that supports Israel, etc)

Republican Politician who is telling his constituents to switch party lines until changes are made in the Republican party, and vote Democratic. Not a journalist.

Six, youre the one sticking your fingers in your ears. Rolling Laughter

Cheiny

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 1:08 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Local, but easy to find.

https://www.northjersey.com/st.....4002/

Once again, LOL.

Cheiny

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 1:09 pm
Mevater wrote:

Notice what a long list of supposed republican politicians encouraging voting for dems that’s been provided? Surprised

Cheiny

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 1:10 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

No actually you were asked to provide the list of all those republican politicians lining up to encourage voting for dems...,still waiting,

Cheiny

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 1:13 pm
Mevater wrote:

Hysterical to see the desperate overreaching on the other side....

Cheiny

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 1:14 pm
Mevater wrote:
I asked for ANY , even ONE, Jewish-Israel friendly (doesnt have to be Jewish, just one that supports Israel, etc)

Republican Politician who is telling his constituents to switch party lines until changes are made in the Republican party, and vote Democratic. Not a journalist.

Six, youre the one sticking your fingers in your ears. Rolling Laughter

Can’t blame liberal supporters, they are just taking an example from the CNN playbook....

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 1:15 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Notice what a long list of supposed republican politicians encouraging voting for dems that’s been provided? Surprised

I wasn't asked for a long list. I was asked for one. I've provided several already.

Do you care?

Republicans in at least 5 states have run blatantly antisemitic ads, showing Jews clutching money.

Let's hear YOU denounce them. Let's hear YOU tell everyone here that they should vote against antisemitic Republicans.

Mevater

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 1:23 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Let's hear YOU denounce them. Let's hear YOU tell everyone here that they should vote against antisemitic Republicans.

With NO doubt, I would NOT vote for the Republican who sponsored that ad, or any Anti-Semitic ad, for all the money is Swiss banks. (I think we should celebrate together when he loses.)

Hed have to be running against the likes of Hitler or Farrakhan or Ellison for me to even consider it.

Again name ONE Jewish-Israel friendly Republican politician who is telling constituents to vote Democratic.

Fox

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 1:34 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
But here's the thing. Meeting with Farrakhan, or sitting on a podium with him, isn't endorsing his points of view.

Let me make sure I understand you.

Not long ago, you criticized Republicans for allegedly attracting more than their fair share of neo-Nazi loonies, some of whom periodically manage to get themselves on the ballot in areas with minimal Republican presence or infrastructure. The argument that state and national Republican leaders and organizations regularly denounce these people did little to convince you that Republicans are not encouraging them in some way.

Yet now you're claiming that Democrats' close associations with people who hold virtually identical views is simply pragmatic politics and means nothing.

So which is it?

If you are prepared to give black nationalists a place at the table on the theory that their contributions outweigh their bigotry and that including them doesn't legitimize their views, why all the concern about white nationalists?

And all these Democrats tip-toeing around Farrakhan could be giving lessons on dog-whistles. Notice that their denunciations are surgical in their precision, as if they've agreed to disagree -- calling Jews termites (only the most recent example, not necessarily the worst) certainly shouldn't mean cutting oneself off from such an otherwise fine fellow.

I pray that the apologetics and tolerance for Farrakhan only represents the rot in the party's leadership and not in the rank-and-file. Under any circumstances, Democrats need to clean up their own house before attempting to sniff out racism at every opportunity.

Mevater

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 2:25 pm
Fox wrote:
I pray that the apologetics and tolerance for Farrakhan only represents the rot in the party's leadership and not in the rank-and-file.

I think wed better keep on praying, that "Shomer" Schumer and others who are selectively deaf, will speak up.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 2:45 pm
Fox wrote:
Let me make sure I understand you.

Not long ago, you criticized Republicans for allegedly attracting more than their fair share of neo-Nazi loonies, some of whom periodically manage to get themselves on the ballot in areas with minimal Republican presence or infrastructure. The argument that state and national Republican leaders and organizations regularly denounce these people did little to convince you that Republicans are not encouraging them in some way.

Yet now you're claiming that Democrats' close associations with people who hold virtually identical views is simply pragmatic politics and means nothing.

So which is it?

If you are prepared to give black nationalists a place at the table on the theory that their contributions outweigh their bigotry and that including them doesn't legitimize their views, why all the concern about white nationalists?

And all these Democrats tip-toeing around Farrakhan could be giving lessons on dog-whistles. Notice that their denunciations are surgical in their precision, as if they've agreed to disagree -- calling Jews termites (only the most recent example, not necessarily the worst) certainly shouldn't mean cutting oneself off from such an otherwise fine fellow.

I pray that the apologetics and tolerance for Farrakhan only represents the rot in the party's leadership and not in the rank-and-file. Under any circumstances, Democrats need to clean up their own house before attempting to sniff out racism at every opportunity.

So. you're conflating racists and neo-Nazis running on the Republican ticket, and being supported by a majority of Republicans in their jurisdictions, with being placed on a podium with a racist at a memorial service.

You're conflating posters with Jews fondling money with meeting with people with whom you may disagree on some points -- or let's be honest, who are reprehensible on those points.

Oh, and I thought that there were no "dog-whistles." I mean, when the Republicans talk about Soros, that's not talking about Jews. Or when we talk about all of those murderers and rapists. Not a dog whistle.

Let me ask you, is there ANYTHING that a Republican could do that you would find repugnant?

Amarante

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 2:45 pm
The list of Republican conservatives who have left the party because of Trump is quite extensive

Jennifer Rubin - conservative columnist
Steve Schmidt - ran McCain's campaign and worked for George Bush
Joe Scarborough - ex Republican conservative Congressman
Michael Bloomberg
Mary Matalan
Gordon Humphrey - ex Senator NH

imasoftov

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 3:11 pm
Mevater wrote:
Exactly why Hikind who is a lifelong Democrat, now supports clearly imperfect Republican politicians. Hes weighing and analyzing.

I'm curious if Hikind has ever explained his original choice of party.

Mevater

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 4:57 pm
imasoftov wrote:
I'm curious if Hikind has ever explained his original choice of party.

Almost no one gets elected in NYC unless they run on the democratic ticket. And historically most Jews have been Democrats.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics