Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
S/O where is the "I dont vax, AMA" thread???
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

dankbar

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 7:49 am
I heard of a school now that is not allowing kids to cone to school now if they didnt get the flu shot.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 8:33 am
amother wrote:
What is fair? Last night we were ready to go with kids to bubbys house...as we are piling into car we see other family members piling into their car to go to our bubby....fine....but not all of their kids are immunized......who should stay home the unimmunized or my child who's recovering from lukemia? Mine ended up not going bc she did take them. Is this fair? ( they had seen bubby this week already, we didnt) They don't chap the severity, & dont lock their kids under lock & bolt, & mine is locked up already entire time....as it is cv deadly for him to get the measles as his immune system is low.

I can't understand why they would take chances with such a child after the doctor has said that they put the child at risk. What type of public gathering has your doctor permitted? While the anti-vax don't feel that the measles is dangerous for healthy kids, nobody thinks that it's safe for cancer patients.

nchr

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 8:44 am
dankbar wrote:
I heard of a school now that is not allowing kids to cone to school now if they didnt get the flu shot.

This is a NYC requirement for certain ages, unrelated to the measles outbreak.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 9:23 am
I don't understand what you are trying to say southern bubby. My child is not going anywhere. No cheder. No shul. No grocery. No stores. No public gatherings. Was going to see bubby chanuka. Another few people who are immunized were to be there. Now the one that doesn't immunize decided also to go. So who has the right to go first to bubby the one that don't immunize or the patient? Dont understand whose side you are taking here?

southernbubby

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 10:23 am
amother wrote:
I don't understand what you are trying to say southern bubby. My child is not going anywhere. No cheder. No shul. No grocery. No stores. No public gatherings. Was going to see bubby chanuka. Another few people who are immunized were to be there. Now the one that doesn't immunize decided also to go. So who has the right to go first to bubby the one that don't immunize or the patient? Dont understand whose side you are taking here?

It would be nice of them to give it to your child if it would be otherwise safe for your child to go. Did the doctor require you to avoid all non immune people or only those who are beginning to show symptoms? I would like to think that people would be considerate of a sick child but are these inconsiderate people the only threat to your son's safety? I'm seeing mothers such as yourself pleading with the public to show consideration, as they should, but if the non vaccinated or non immune are not the sole threat to safety, then they are not really the only thing keeping these kids isolated. We can blame them but that only goes so far.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 10:26 am
amother wrote:
What is fair? Last night we were ready to go with kids to bubbys house...as we are piling into car we see other family members piling into their car to go to our bubby....fine....but not all of their kids are immunized......who should stay home the unimmunized or my child who's recovering from lukemia? Mine ended up not going bc she did take them. Is this fair? ( they had seen bubby this week already, we didnt) They don't chap the severity, & dont lock their kids under lock & bolt, & mine is locked up already entire time....as it is cv deadly for him to get the measles as his immune system is low.

FAir or not fair is irrelevant. AS a mother, it’s your job to keep your child in a safe environment. If that means keeping him home, then that’s what you do. You can’t dictate what other people do.

Signed,
Mother of child with chronic, long term, dysregulated immune system

southernbubby

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 10:53 am
Some of these health departments are saying that during an outbreak, all bets are off and those who are usually considered to be immune could be dangerous to the medically fragile.
While I personally think that the flu shot saves lives, prevents heart attacks and whatever other benefits are advertised, health officials are warning vaccinated people not to consider themselves immune to the flu.
The medically fragile probably should also avoid raw veggies and fruit. Bad lettuce seems to be more dangerous for those who have compromised immune systems.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 12:21 pm
amother wrote:

Sounds like this is more an issue of not mentchlich relatives than of not vaccinating! I doubt they'd refrain from going even if they had RSV.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 12:52 pm
The thing is that a person can be contagious before showing symptoms. The ones that are not immunized are more prone to catch it & that is how it's spreading. That's why we can't get rid of measles & it's spreading globally.
The only reason he is home now is bc of outbreak otherwise he would be allowed to go out.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Dec 09 2018, 1:13 pm
amother wrote:
The thing is that a person can be contagious before showing symptoms. The ones that are not immunized are more prone to catch it & that is how it's spreading. That's why we can't get rid of measles & it's spreading globally.
The only reason he is home now is bc of outbreak otherwise he would be allowed to go out.

Is he able to be around babies who are too young to be vaccinated? I'm confused as to why something so obvious is being ignored by family members. Why do they not understand or care that if they come, he must stay home?

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 2:44 pm
amother wrote:

same here. my child had to stay home because of non vaxed relatives.
Dr. is more concerned of this then respiratory viruses/flu (child did get flu vaccine).
it was such a chilul H' for dr. to hear that my family members don't vaccinate. she was like "who in this day & age doesn't vax? I don't understand this?"

southernbubby

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 3:12 pm
amother wrote:
Dr. is more concerned of this then respiratory viruses/flu (child did get flu vaccine).
it was such a chilul H' for dr. to hear that my family members don't vaccinate. she was like "who in this day & age doesn't vax? I don't understand this?"

I am surprised that the doctor is not aware that the anti-vax movement is large, represented by major figures, and has political and lobbying clout. It is not a random group of individuals but an organized group of concerned parents and citizens. Maybe doctors would benefit by seeing what the anti-vax has to say. It might be better to sell people on the pertussis, polio, and MMR, than trying to sell the full gamut of vaccines and then selling none.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 4:40 pm
amother wrote:

I am curious why. Did she share her reasoning? I thought that RSV and flu are pretty serious risks, despite vaccination.

nchr

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 5:01 pm
amother wrote:
I am curious why. Did she share her reasoning? I thought that RSV and flu are pretty serious risks, despite vaccination.

Most likely due to how contagious measles is, whereas other viruses are not as "hot."

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 5:13 pm
yes its super contagious, germs linger in air two hours, and people are contagious before showing signs Sad

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 5:13 pm
southernbubby- personally I'm not sold on the pertussis vaccine. seems plenty VAXINATED people get it so I'm not sure its worth giving...

southernbubby

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 5:20 pm
amother wrote:
southernbubby- personally I'm not sold on the pertussis vaccine. seems plenty VAXINATED people get it so I'm not sure its worth giving...

It is probably worth it for babies but my point is that people fear that escalating the number of vaccines increases the risks.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 5:55 pm
amother wrote:
Dr. James Cherry, an infectious disease dr at ucla, just gave a talk at the 2018 World Vaccine and Immunotherapy Congress in San Diego on mistakes in Pertussis Vaccine. Some of his talking points: 2 deficiencies of the dtap are small number of antigens and type of cellular immune response, small number of antigens leads to linked epitope suppression, because of linked epitope suppression, all children who were primed by the dtap vaccine will be *more susceptible to pertussis throughout their lifetime*.

amother
Chocolate

Post Fri, Dec 14 2018, 12:01 am
I really don't get it, all this anti vax people keep saying big pharma.... Money..... If money is the motive behind pushing people to vaccinate then it totally doesn't make sense! I mean why would they push people to vaccinate and prevent them from getting sick they could make so much more money from all the medication they would give people had they not vaccinate and got the illness.......
As an immigrant during the green card process I had to go to a doctor for a well visit and blood work and then I had to get the MMR shot, while I had to pay a nice fee for the doctor and blood work I didn't have to pay anything for the shot! There were a lot of people there getting different shot no one had insurance or Medicaid and no one was asked for a payment......
If it was so much money involved they wouldn't just give out vaccines for free like this.....

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Dec 14 2018, 1:23 am
amother wrote:
I really don't get it, all this anti vax people keep saying big pharma.... Money..... If money is the motive behind pushing people to vaccinate then it totally doesn't make sense! I mean why would they push people to vaccinate and prevent them from getting sick they could make so much more money from all the medication they would give people had they not vaccinate and got the illness.......
As an immigrant during the green card process I had to go to a doctor for a well visit and blood work and then I had to get the MMR shot, while I had to pay a nice fee for the doctor and blood work I didn't have to pay anything for the shot! There were a lot of people there getting different shot no one had insurance or Medicaid and no one was asked for a payment......
If it was so much money involved they wouldn't just give out vaccines for free like this.....

Many anti vax ppl believe that vaccines actually make us sicker long term and dependent on pharmaceutical meds for chronic conditions.
Page 6 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics