Home

My kids (all ages) always listen to me, AMA
1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




Copper


Post  Tue, Nov 06 2018, 5:35 pm
Many kids, varied personalities...
Back to top

amother




Gray


Post  Tue, Nov 06 2018, 5:41 pm
Do you only tell them what they want to hear?
Back to top

pizza4









  


Post  Tue, Nov 06 2018, 5:42 pm
Are you human?
Lol ok just share the secret please
Back to top

gingertop









  


Post  Tue, Nov 06 2018, 5:43 pm
Why do you lie?
Back to top

flowerpower









  


Post  Tue, Nov 06 2018, 5:44 pm
What makes them so scared of you?

Can I borrow your voice one morning?
Back to top

amother




Copper


Post  Tue, Nov 06 2018, 5:46 pm
amother wrote:
Do you only tell them what they want to hear?


Smile in truth, they want to hear what I tell them because:
a) I always speak to them respectfully, from a young age.
b) they know I mean their good.
c) I spend a lot of quality time with each individually, and together as a family.
d) we do family projects together in exciting ways where we work on things like sharing /anger control / seeing the good in things.
e) I am open about my weaknesses. I never pretend to be more than human.
Back to top

amother




Copper


Post  Tue, Nov 06 2018, 5:48 pm
flowerpower wrote:
What makes them so scared of you?

Can I borrow your voice one morning?


I NEVER shout. When they're young, I bend down to them and speak to them softly. My kids aren't scared of me.
Back to top

amother




Copper


Post  Tue, Nov 06 2018, 5:50 pm
gingertop wrote:
Why do you lie?


That's probably my strongest area. I don't lie to my kids, even when it's the easy way out. And they trust me.
Back to top

ectomorph









  


Post  Tue, Nov 06 2018, 5:56 pm
Were your parents amazing parents?
Back to top

amother




Copper


Post  Tue, Nov 06 2018, 5:57 pm
pizza4 wrote:
Are you human?
Lol ok just share the secret please


I think it's the same reason I didn't struggle with discipline. I treat everyone with respect. I have forged great relationships with students that were officially 'challenging'. I speak to others, no matter their age or whatever in the same way that I want to be spoken to.
Back to top

amother




Copper


Post  Tue, Nov 06 2018, 5:57 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Were your parents amazing parents?


No.
Back to top

amother




Turquoise


Post  Tue, Nov 06 2018, 5:58 pm
I don’t buy it.
Back to top

ectomorph









  


Post  Tue, Nov 06 2018, 5:59 pm
amother wrote:
I think it's the same reason I didn't struggle with discipline. I treat everyone with respect. I have forged great relationships with students that were officially 'challenging'. I speak to others, no matter their age or whatever in the same way that I want to be spoken to.
that sounds nice but I also treat my kids respectfully and do all those things and they don't listen to me all the time. They listen sometimes and sometimes they don't.

I think you just have very obedient kids. Enjoy it.
Back to top

karat









  


Post  Tue, Nov 06 2018, 5:59 pm
Do you have any teens?
Back to top

amother




Copper


Post  Tue, Nov 06 2018, 6:03 pm
ectomorph wrote:
that sounds nice but I also treat my kids respectfully and do all those things and they don't listen to me all the time. They listen sometimes and sometimes they don't.

I think you just have very obedient kids. Enjoy it.


Think about the times that others may struggle with, say morning rush hour. I've turned this into fun time. We wake up to a cheer-song. There's always a surprise waiting at the breakfast table. Of course they're excited to get up...

Or clearing away toys. We make it a game.

The older ones are proud of who they are and are happy to live with the values we instilled in them.

You're right. I cannot take credit. Total SD. I do put in a lot of work though. Years ago, I used to keep a chart of every time I yelled...
Back to top

amother




Copper


Post  Tue, Nov 06 2018, 6:03 pm
karat wrote:
Do you have any teens?


Yes.
Back to top

amother




Fuchsia


Post  Tue, Nov 06 2018, 6:09 pm
amother wrote:
Think about the times that others may struggle with, say morning rush hour. I've turned this into fun time. We wake up to a cheer-song. There's always a surprise waiting at the breakfast table. Of course they're excited to get up...

Or clearing away toys. We make it a game.

The older ones are proud of who they are and are happy to live with the values we instilled in them.

You're right. I cannot take credit. Total SD. I do put in a lot of work though. Years ago, I used to keep a chart of every time I yelled...
.

This is beautiful and all, but I really don’t think this is at all feasible for every breakfast, every game or toy cleanup... etc day in and day out.
Back to top

SuperWify









  


Post  Tue, Nov 06 2018, 6:09 pm
Very hard to believe!

How do you get your toddler to listen to you- stop throwing his food all over, stop throwing tantrums in front of the pantry a treat, share his toys nicely, clean up ect.

You say, “toddler no noshie or baba or whatever now.” And he’s cool without it?

How do you get your school age child to do homework with nary a complaint and you’re teenager to get off the phone and go to sleep at a normal hour??
Back to top

amother




Copper


Post  Tue, Nov 06 2018, 6:10 pm
amother wrote:
.

This is beautiful and all, but I really don’t think this is at all feasible for every breakfast, every game or toy cleanup... etc day in and day out.


It's a lot of work. Sure. And feasible.
Back to top

amother




Rose


Post  Tue, Nov 06 2018, 6:11 pm
If there's always a surprise at breakfast, it isn't a surprise anymore is it? Just sayin'
Back to top
1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 1 of 5 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions

Related Topics Replies Last Post
ISO Kids Boots - boys and girls
by amother
18 Today at 12:06 am View last post
How to get kids to use softer voices
by amother
4 Yesterday at 10:58 pm View last post
My Baby Wears Cloth Diapers. AMA.
by amother
31 Fri, Nov 16 2018, 11:46 am View last post
Kids with LD and long division
by seeker
32 Thu, Nov 15 2018, 12:32 pm View last post
S/O of liking school... Brooklyn schools your kids love!
by amother
18 Thu, Nov 15 2018, 12:18 pm View last post

Jump to:  





Report offensive ad