Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
How much food to prepare for party

amother
Green

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 8:47 pm
We will be doing a chanuka party for in laws family and everyone is making something. Mother in law is buying pizza. We are 18 adults and 22 kids kah. All kids age 9 and younger. We were thinking 9 pies of pizza, 3 9x13 of salads, 3 9x13 of pasta, some rolls and tuna for those who don't or can't have dairy, and soda. Is it too much? What are we missing?

bestme

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 9:06 pm
The menu sounds great. The kids will also enjoy fries and ice cream. You could add entertainment for kids such as crafts or games to play at the party.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 9:23 pm
You may need some more salad but otherwise sounds great.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 9:53 pm
Similar dilemma- any thoughts on amounts for about 15 adults?

The pizza sounds like a lot, I would probably add fries (either from the shop or oven baked) and donuts !

(I’m oot so need to plan ahead, and can’t get pizza pies Crying )

So far I plan on doing salads, fries or latkes. The. Trying to figure out if it will be easier to do milchig or fleishigs.

Would appreciate advice- sorry to hijack. I can start a spin-off if u mind...

Raisin

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 5:22 am
That sounds plenty. I would do one tray of pasta without cheese if you have a few dairy free people.

dankbar

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 12:46 pm
Too much food. 9 pies is 72 slices. You're a total of 40 people with mostly young kids who might only eat a half a slice.+ you have other foods. 9×13 of dry things like slices of kugel it's usually 12-15 slices per pan. I think same applies for pasta. I think rather have more choices & less from each type of food. Is 3 pans pasta different types or same type? If it's 3 diff types do you think every person is gonna eat all diff 3 types of pasta on same time? If it same its too much of one thing.

dankbar

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 12:47 pm
Same with salads- 3 pans of same salad too much. If theres variety of 3 diff type of salads its ok
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics