Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
I'm an Amazon seller AMA
1  2  Next

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 9:53 am
I will respond If I can when I get a chance.

kinda busy

flowerpower

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 10:00 am
What do you sell?

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 10:03 am
Do you sell something unique?
Are you successful?
Are you self-taught or did you learn the ropes by working for an Amazon business?
Do you have any employees?
Do you make them sign a non-compete agreement?

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 10:14 am
How long have you been doing it? What is the avg amount you earn per sale? How much volume to you need to make it worth it? Where do you find items to buy/how do you know which ones are going to sell?

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 10:19 am
My husband and I are trying to get into this right now. We are having a really hard time finding a product that brings us any profit. Iyou have any suggestions? We are taking the ASM course together right now. My husband is extremely good at business but for whatever reason past couple have not been successful.still working on one that will God willing to turn out to be good but is taking much longer than we thought so looking to get into this. If you have any words of wisdom or advice it would be a huge chesedas we really need this to be our income for right now even though we know it will take months to build it up.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 10:33 am
I have posted with my real name before so I really don't want to use my sn. If there is any way you would consider being in touch through a private email address I would really appreciate it. we do have a few people that are in this already there are advising us but they are my husband's friends and not mine so I would love to hear from somebody but it's actually successful at this. Thanks!

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 10:55 am
How do you find products?

How do you find suppliers?

What should a beginner's advertising budget be? Do you use fb ads?

It seems like everyone online is looking for you to pay for their course or videos in order to reveal the big secret--how to pick a product. Is this really necessary?

Thanks!

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 10:57 am
amother wrote:
My husband and I are trying to get into this right now. We are having a really hard time finding a product that brings us any profit. Iyou have any suggestions? We are taking the ASM course together right now. My husband is extremely good at business but for whatever reason past couple have not been successful.still working on one that will God willing to turn out to be good but is taking much longer than we thought so looking to get into this. If you have any words of wisdom or advice it would be a huge chesedas we really need this to be our income for right now even though we know it will take months to build it up.

I also sell on Amazon, I work for someone but am pretty high up in the company. Sourcing etc.. I don't think anyone will advise you on what product you can sell. Bec if they have agreat idea they will do it themselves.. we sell in a number of categories since when we have a great idea we go for it..
Good luck!! In my opinion its best to start your own amazon account as a side thing and slowly build yourself up that way you are not relying on it compltely. In general its not a good idea to rely only on an amazon business 100% since after all it is not your own platform and amazon is very powerful..

dbw

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 11:07 am
Can you do FBA from Israel?

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 11:55 am
Even if you just have advice about how to pick a product with a good profit margin. My husband and I have spent hours looking and it seems like every single product be find by the time we pay for everything you would be left with negative. We really need to make a profit. We have already spent $5,000 on the ASM course plus we are listening to every single thing we can find online. We also have a mentor that is helping us. He's hopefully going to meet with us tomorrow to see if he can help. He is just a friend that wants to see us succeed. He was just in China and spent $6,000 on the course. I can't remember the name of it but he said he learned a ton.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 12:01 pm
Yes, I also sell on Amazon and I have a question for you that I'm trying to find an answer for. Is it against Amazon policies to reach out to a customer who left nice seller feedback and ask them to write a product review as well?

I saw somewhere that you can't ask only specific customers for reviews so don't want to do anything that might jeopardise our standing. Wondering if anyone here knows a definite policy on that.

flmommy

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 12:22 pm
How many products do you sell?
Do you work part or full time?
What was your business background previously?
How much $ do you make on average a month?

doodlesmom

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 12:29 pm
About how much money gets transferred to your account every 2 weeks and how much of that is profit?

Ruchel

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 2:21 am
I used to and still have a small bookstore. I don't find it worth it... do most people you know feel like me or do they make money?

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 5:03 am
OP, thanks for doing this thread! That is, even if you're probably so busy.

How long have you been selling on Amazon successfully?

Were you able to make a profit on an item more than 2 years in a row? Or is it true that it's like bicycle riding, you need to ride on to a new item every Approximately 2 years.

Are your products made in the USA or China?

Do you think anyone can be successful if can't travel to China?

Are you in any WhatsApp group for heimish Amazon sellers?

How do you find out about all "tricks" that successful sellers have, the kind that no Amazon training would give you but travels by word of mouth.

What is your biggest challenge in the business?

Is there any type of support group for heimish female Amazon sellers?

How much would you pay for an employee that could bring you items to sell? Do you think it's possible at all to get such an employee?

Do you do private label or brand name?

How would you go about kicking off a new private label item? Would you pay for fake feedbacks to get things rolling?

Do you reply to customer emails after business hours?

Do you have experience with Alibaba? How would you know if it's safe to work with the supplier? Do you pay in advance for your order or are you able to hold off payment until delivery?

THANK YOU for willing to share!

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 5:31 am
Ruchel wrote:
I used to and still have a small bookstore. I don't find it worth it... do most people you know feel like me or do they make money?

Do you mean an amazon bookstore?

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 7:08 am
I'm not the OP but my husband has a decent Amazon business so I will try to respond.
amother wrote:
OP, thanks for doing this thread! That is, even if you're probably so busy.

How long have you been selling on Amazon successfully?
Approximately 3 years

Were you able to make a profit on an item more than 2 years in a row? Or is it true that it's like bicycle riding, you need to ride on to a new item every Approximately 2 years.
There are some good going steady products, and others that are only worth it for a short while.

Are your products made in the USA or China?
Mostly China
Though we also sell branded stuff made in the US

Do you think anyone can be successful if can't travel to China?
Yes, but you might have some more trial and error with manufacturers. Also you might need to go to shows where you can meet the Chinese manufacturers domestically.

Are you in any WhatsApp group for heimish Amazon sellers?
Yes

How do you find out about all "tricks" that successful sellers have, the kind that no Amazon training would give you but travels by word of mouth.

Some from the app, some from friends in the business and some from our own experience

What is your biggest challenge in the business?
Now it's the storage fees how to maintain enough inventory without getting charged too much.

Is there any type of support group for heimish female Amazon sellers?
Not sure

How much would you pay for an employee that could bring you items to sell? Do you think it's possible at all to get such an employee?
It's possible but we don't have one.

Do you do private label or brand name?
We sell both private and branded stuff.

How would you go about kicking off a new private label item? Would you pay for fake feedbacks to get things rolling?
We refined a process already- which does not include fake feedbacks.

Do you reply to customer emails after business hours?
We try to answer within the 24 hour limit- so on the weekends yes.

Do you have experience with Alibaba? How would you know if it's safe to work with the supplier? Do you pay in advance for your order or are you able to hold off payment until delivery?
I can't answer this.

THANK YOU for willing to share!
[I]

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 7:18 am
amother wrote:
Do you sell something unique?
Are you successful?
Are you self-taught or did you learn the ropes by working for an Amazon business?
Do you have any employees?
Do you make them sign a non-compete agreement?

I sell branded goods
I think so, but always looking to grow and be more successful
I'm self taught, never went to any sort of course
Yes, I have employees
I do not make them sign a non compete agreement.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 7:20 am
amother wrote:
How long have you been doing it? What is the avg amount you earn per sale? How much volume to you need to make it worth it? Where do you find items to buy/how do you know which ones are going to sell?

I'm doing it for 5 years
There is no average amount per sale. I strive for 50% but it can be way more and way less.
I have vendors, go to shows.
I do research on what type of items people are looking for.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 7:24 am
amother wrote:

I never went to any type of course so I don't know how much they help. I can tell you the first year I was doing this, I worked 24 hours a day and had zero money. Every dollar I made went back into the business. It took a lot of time and alot of effort to build it up.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics