Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Chicken in the oven getting too dry.

milko

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 1:22 pm
Whenever I bake chicken in the oven it gets so dried up even after just 1 hour. Any good recipe?

ShineBright!

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 1:26 pm
are you keeping it covered or uncovered?

mom!

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 1:26 pm
You can use any recipe, but I'll include some below. Bake covered the first 1.5-2 hours and uncover for 20 min-1/2 hour at the end.

Slice an onion in half, put chicken on top fill pan 1/4 way with water. Spice as you like, I do basic spices like salt, paprika, onion and garlic powder.

You can also pour equal amounts of ketchup and honey over it. Yum! Serve with couscous or spaghetti.

Coat in mayo and then flavored corn flake crumbs. Spray with pam. (The mayo makes it less dry than regular crumb chicken.)

octopus

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 1:31 pm
bake covered for most of time and uncover for last 15-20 min. Sometimes lazy and do it even 30 min

ra_mom

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 1:32 pm
milko wrote:
Whenever I bake chicken in the oven it gets so dried up even after just 1 hour. Any good recipe?

What sort of chicken; bone in or boneless?
Dark (legs) or white (breast)?
With skin or without?
Covered or uncovered?
What temperature oven?

milko

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 1:33 pm
I think my problem is that I leave it uncovered. Thanks for your replies.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 1:41 pm
milko wrote:
I think my problem is that I leave it uncovered. Thanks for your replies.

Chicken legs (full quarter - drumstick and thigh) with skin can be baked uncovered at 375 for 1 hour and 15 minutes and won't dry out.

jewishmom6

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 1:44 pm
if your referring to chicken on the bone. skin keeps it more moist. oil and mayo based keeps it very moist and keep it covered while baking for at least 2 hrs.

milko

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 1:44 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Chicken legs (full quarter - drumstick and thigh) with skin can be baked uncovered at 375 for 1 hour and 15 minutes and won't dry out.

That's exactly what I do

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 1:46 pm
Cook it upside down, with the breast on the bottom. That way it will stay juicy.

Lower the temperature of your oven. Low and slow makes tender meat, high temps will make jerky.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 1:46 pm
milko wrote:
That's exactly what I do

Do you serve right away? Leave it to keep warm?

Is your oven convection? Is the temperature accurate? Buy a $6 oven thermometer to keep hanging on the oven shelf rack.

milko

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 1:48 pm
I serve it right away

heidi

Post Wed, Nov 07 2018, 2:39 pm
I'm with ra mom. 375 either covered or uncovered for an hour to an hour and 15 minutes should have your chicken on the bone coming out moist and juicy.
Maybe check the things she suggests above.

smile

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 6:38 am
I cover it twice. First with baking paper then on top foil paper.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 7:54 am
I have always baked mine uncovered for an hour at 350. It comes out delicious. Usually it’s on top of potatoes/sweet potatoes or onions. Sometimes bulgur, then I use convection, also uncovered.

cozyblanket

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 8:31 am
I bake chicken leg quarters on the bone covered at 350 for 2 hours. I don't uncover it at all. It's delicious.

sallee

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 9:28 am
Ya I do 400 degrees covered for 3 hours it’s unbelievably moist any recipe I follow. There’s another idea on the website between carpools that I recently tried it was amazing! You put the chicken in an oven bag it was completely devoured in my house:)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey