Home

Jeff Sessions out!

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

gingertop

Post  Wed, Nov 07 2018, 2:55 pm
Can we all agree this is a good thing? Maybe mashiach will come!

amother

Scarlet

Post  Wed, Nov 07 2018, 3:06 pm
Very convenient of Trump to do it today and not before the election when maybe voters would have something to say about that decision.

Rubber Ducky

Post  Wed, Nov 07 2018, 3:08 pm
I'm surprised he waited so long.

simcha2

Post  Wed, Nov 07 2018, 3:09 pm
Not sure how it's a good thing for anyone who believes in checks and balances and democracy. But ok.

Sebastian

Post  Wed, Nov 07 2018, 3:16 pm
not surprising. they weren't a good shidduch. I wonder who he'll pick to replace him.

simcha2, the AG works the president as part of the executive branch. He can hire/fire as he pleases.

simcha2

Post  Wed, Nov 07 2018, 3:20 pm
Sebastian wrote:
not surprising. they weren't a good shidduch. I wonder who he'll pick to replace him.

simcha2, the AG works the president as part of the executive branch. He can hire/fire as he pleases.

Of course he can. But sessions was one of the few people in the administration who stood up to Trump and encouraged him to follow not only the law, not also the spirit of the law. Why would any American not want that?

gingertop

Post  Wed, Nov 07 2018, 3:25 pm
simcha2 wrote:
Of course he can. But sessions was one of the few people in the administration who stood up to Trump and encouraged him to follow not only the law, not also the spirit of the law. Why would any American not want that?

Because Sessions himself was a petty tyrant. Defended asset forfeiture. Ugh.

Sebastian

Post  Wed, Nov 07 2018, 3:27 pm
simcha2 wrote:

the other 2 branches of government are there to be a "check" on Trump. Not the AG. I didn't care for Sessions and I'm glad he's out. He was too right wing for my taste.

amother

Scarlet

Post  Wed, Nov 07 2018, 4:27 pm
Seems strange that Trump would go to so much trouble to end this big nothingburger of a Russia investigation. It would probably make more sense to let Mueller wrap up and let everyone see there is nothing there.

amother

Red

Post  Wed, Nov 07 2018, 4:29 pm
amother wrote:
Seems strange that Trump would go to so much trouble to end this big nothingburger of a Russia investigation. It would probably make more sense to let Mueller wrap up and let everyone see there is nothing there.

It’s very obvious that there IS something there, and he has a lot to be afraid of. The “doth protest too much” seems very relevant here.

amother

Floralwhite

Post  Wed, Nov 07 2018, 4:35 pm
amother wrote:

1) George Papadopoulos, former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser, was arrested in July 2017 and pleaded guilty last October to making false statements to the FBI. He got a 14-day sentence.

2) Paul Manafort, Trump’s former campaign chair, was indicted on a total of 25 different counts by Mueller’s team, related mainly to his past work for Ukrainian politicians and his finances. He had two trials scheduled, and the first ended in a conviction on eight counts of financial crimes. To avert the second trial, Manafort struck a plea deal with Mueller in September 2018.

3) Rick Gates, a former Trump campaign aide and Manafort’s longtime junior business partner, was indicted on similar charges to Manafort. But in February he agreed to a plea deal with Mueller’s team, pleading guilty to just one false statements charge and one conspiracy charge.

4) Michael Flynn, Trump’s former national security adviser, pleaded guilty last December to making false statements to the FBI.

5-20) 13 Russian nationals and three Russian companies were indicted on conspiracy charges, with some also being accused of identity theft. The charges related to a Russian propaganda effort designed to interfere with the 2016 campaign. The companies involved are the Internet Research Agency, often described as a “Russian troll farm,” and two other companies that helped finance it. The Russian nationals indicted include 12 of the agency’s employees and its alleged financier, Yevgeny Prigozhin.

21) Richard Pinedo: This California man pleaded guilty to an identity theft charge in connection with the Russian indictments, and has agreed to cooperate with Mueller. He was sentenced to 6 months in prison and 6 months of home detention in October.

22) Alex van der Zwaan: This London lawyer pleaded guilty to making false statements to the FBI about his contacts with Rick Gates and another unnamed person based in Ukraine. He was sentenced to 30 days in jail and has completed his sentence.

23) Konstantin Kilimnik: This longtime business associate of Manafort and Gates, who’s currently based in Russia, was charged alongside Manafort with attempting to obstruct justice by tampering with witnesses in Manafort’s pending case this year.

24-35) 12 Russian GRU officers: These officers of Russia’s military intelligence service were charged with crimes related to the hacking and leaking of leading Democrats’ emails in 2016.

Finally, there are two other people Mueller initially investigated, but then handed over to others in the Justice Department to handle. Both eventually agreed to plea deals.

Michael Cohen: Trump’s former lawyer pleaded guilty to 8 counts — tax and bank charges, related to his finances and taxi business, and campaign finance violations, related to hush money payments to women who alleged affairs with Donald Trump.

Sam Patten: This Republican operative and lobbyist pleaded guilty to not registering as a foreign agent with his work for Ukrainian political bigwigs, and agreed to cooperate with the government.

If that's a "nothingburger," I'd be scared to see what you think is troubling.

Now we know that Roger Stone touted himself to the Trump campaign as a conduit to Wikileaks, which the Russians used to disseminate hacked Democratic documents.

Sounds interesting to me.

Trump is nervous about it. The Republicans are nervous about it. Everyone is wondering if this is a prelude to Trump trying to shut Mueller down. And the question is .... why is Trump nervous if there's nothing there.

Fox

Post  Wed, Nov 07 2018, 8:13 pm
amother wrote:
If that's a "nothingburger," I'd be scared to see what you think is troubling.

Now we know that Roger Stone touted himself to the Trump campaign as a conduit to Wikileaks, which the Russians used to disseminate hacked Democratic documents.

Sounds interesting to me.

Trump is nervous about it. The Republicans are nervous about it. Everyone is wondering if this is a prelude to Trump trying to shut Mueller down. And the question is .... why is Trump nervous if there's nothing there.

For 2+ years now, people on Imamother have been saying, "Just keep telling yourself that, Fox" whenever I pointed to the paucity of evidence of collusion.

At this rate, they're going to still be saying, "Just keep telling yourself that, Fox," when our voices tremble with age as we sit in the courtyards of our assisted living facilities.

I'm not sure why you think Trump is nervous. I see nothing that suggests that is so.

Mueller's team has been unable to find any crimes for which perpetrators can be located, so they have shifted their strategy to locating perpetrators and digging until they find a crime or two, no matter how distant either the perpetrator was from the inner workings of the campaign or how unrelated the crime was.

None of the instances you mention involves individuals with any significant responsibility within the Trump campaign. Most were advisers on specific issues who served for very short periods of time and who were contacted by people who may or may not have represented Russia.

In fact, the evidence has been far more damning for President Obama -- he apparently received warnings about potential Russian interference, but his administration ignored it because they'd been assured Clinton would win.

Stop repeating the nonsense that the DNC was "hacked." The data logs show that the files were copied at a rate that is impossible over a remote connection. Whatever files were taken were downloaded directly from a computer at the DNC headquarters. The FBI warned the DNC months before the files were taken about the possibility of data theft, and the DNC ignored their warnings.

Roger Stone "touted himself as a conduit to Wikileaks"? This has everyone who is familiar with Roger Stone dying laughing. He may have done so. He probably also offered his services as a sartorial consultant for the campaign -- his other field of expertise. Or perhaps he offered to recommend a good tattoo artist -- he's also known for his artistic tattoo of President Nixon.

In short, after almost two years of investigation, Mueller and his team have made the astounding discovery that every political apparatchik, consultant, and grifter -- a few of whom represented Russia -- attempted to weasel his/her way into the campaign. The best any of them were able to manage was a meeting or two with someone who either had no real power or authority or who found they had nothing to offer and shut them down.

You may indeed find it troubling that all these parasitical individuals flock to political campaigns, but that is the nature of the beast. Of course, in the meantime, Senator Feinstein's longtime driver -- who was actually a Chinese spy -- has retired with a nice pension and grateful thanks for his years of service.

Fox

Post  Wed, Nov 07 2018, 8:21 pm
Sebastian wrote:
I didn't care for Sessions and I'm glad he's out. He was too right wing for my taste.

ITA. Sessions always struck me as an ideologue, which is precisely what Trump voters reject. He seemed to have gone through a compendium of conservative positions over the last half-century and picked out the worst ones to embrace.

As Gingertop said, his defense of asset forfeiture was alarming; his approach to law enforcement on drugs was demonstrably ineffective; his positions on prison reform did not serve Trump's or the country's interests well. I mean, it looks bad when Kim Kardashian seems more reasonable and on-target than the AG!

Sebastian

Post  Wed, Nov 07 2018, 8:25 pm
yup Fox I hated how tough he was on marijuana. It makes no sense. He's stuck in the 80s.

The Democrats threw a fit when Trump picked him. They should be celebrating now.

imasoftov

Post  Thu, Nov 08 2018, 4:05 am
Go Fund Me: New Klan Robes for Jeff Sessions

zaq

Post  Thu, Nov 08 2018, 5:13 pm
Jeff Sessions is gay? Who knew? And why did it take him so long to come out?

Oh, you mean he was fired. Whyncha say so?

Fox

Post  Thu, Nov 08 2018, 5:46 pm
zaq wrote:
Jeff Sessions is gay? Who knew? And why did it take him so long to come out?

Oh, you mean he was fired. Whyncha say so?

Lol! You made my day, Zaq!

But, gosh! It would be awfully convenient!

Ric Grenell could be given Nikki Haley's job at the U.N., and Jeff Sessions would go in his place to Berlin to tease Vladimir Putin.

Maybe that's why Sessions looked so grim. It wasn't just that Trump fired him; he told him he needed him to be gay, too!

----------------------------

TRUMP: I'm sorry, Jeff. When we drew straws at the last Cabinet meeting, you got the short one. You have to be gay.

SESSIONS: But I'm not really into guys that way. Not that there's anything wrong with it . . .

TRUMP: Jeff, your country needs you.

SESSIONS: I won't have to listen to Mariah Carey, will I? That's just an odious stereotype, right?

TRUMP: Stop being such a baby, Jeff. I need to make a transgender appointment this term. Would you rather learn to walk in heels?
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h