Home

AMAs you would like to see
Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


leah233









  


Post  Wed, Nov 07 2018, 7:34 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
How old were you? I know someone who has a photo of Rav Moshe leaning over and giving their daughter a Bracha and I think he even had his hand on her, but she was very little like age four.
Was it a planned meeting. Or were you at a simcha or something ?



I was about ten by both.

I met Rav Moshe when I went to my grandparents in the Lower East Side for Shabbos. Shabbos morning we would daven in his apartment.

I met Rav Yaakov when I was taken to his house in Monsey. I don't remember details but it must have been planned. We didn't do anything else in Monsey that day
Back to top

flowerpower









  


Post  Wed, Nov 07 2018, 7:39 pm
happyone wrote:
I can control myself from chocolate AMA.


Anyone?


Me! I’m not a chocoholic. I am a carboholic though.
Back to top

naomi2









  


Post  Wed, Nov 07 2018, 7:47 pm
I would like to see an AMA about a Giyores. Though I wouldn't ask anything because it's really not allowed.
Also, I would like to see an AMA about someone who is adopted or has an interesting job.
Back to top

thunderstorm









  


Post  Wed, Nov 07 2018, 7:51 pm
naomi2 wrote:
I would like to see an AMA about a Giyores. Though I wouldn't ask anything because it's really not allowed.
Also, I would like to see an AMA about someone who is adopted or has an interesting job.

Their is an AMA by a giyores. Here is the link:
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....p?t=349441
Back to top

honeymoon









  


Post  Wed, Nov 07 2018, 8:39 pm
happyone wrote:
I can control myself from chocolate AMA.


Anyone?


are you human?
Back to top

FranticFrummie









  


Post  Thu, Nov 08 2018, 9:52 am
Quote:

New post Today at 3:39 am
happyone wrote:
I can control myself from chocolate AMA.


Anyone?


are you human?


Some people prefer sour candies, and just don't have a taste for chocolate. DD is like that. As I got older, I found that I could have chocolate in the house, and it didn't need to be eaten immediately, especially if I had a plan for it, like making truffles.

Now, turn me loose on some salty carbs, and all bets are off!
Back to top

etky









  


Post  Thu, Nov 08 2018, 10:34 am
honeymoon wrote:
are you human?


I like chocolate well enough but it doesn't "call me" like some other foods do.
Baked goods are more of a stumbling block for me.
So are roasted nuts. Once I start on them I have a very hard time stopping.
Back to top

ladYdI









  


Post  Thu, Nov 08 2018, 10:43 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
I am sorry this isn't as glamorous or exotic, but last year I had bariatric surgery and lost over 120 lbs so far.

I would be happy to answer questions if anyone is considering this operation

What procedure did you have done?
I just had my 10 year lap band anniversary! aMa
Back to top

chatz









  


Post  Thu, Nov 08 2018, 3:18 pm
I would love to see an AMA from someone who successfully works from home with sick kids, especially active toddlers
Back to top

Mevater









  


Post  Thu, Nov 08 2018, 3:23 pm
Id love to see an AMA (or any other) thread offering how-to advice on:

I became a wildly successful financial success in my 50s or 60s, with an idea many others can follow.

(edited)


Last edited by Mevater on Sat, Nov 10 2018, 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

zaq









  


Post  Thu, Nov 08 2018, 3:32 pm
TTYTT I’ve had it up to here with AMA threads and right now the only AMA that is of any interest is the American Medical Association.
Back to top

rgr









  


Post  Thu, Nov 08 2018, 4:07 pm
zaq wrote:
TTYTT I’ve had it up to here with AMA threads and right now the only AMA that is of any interest is the American Medical Association.


You mean you're not enjoying the threads about not vaccinating AMA (against medical advice)?
Back to top

gamzehyaavor









  


Post  Thu, Nov 08 2018, 4:18 pm
chatz wrote:
I would love to see an AMA from someone who successfully works from home with sick kids, especially active toddlers

What would you like to know? Its (nearly) impossible. unless they're napping Smile
Back to top

sky









  


Post  Thu, Nov 08 2018, 5:06 pm
chatz wrote:
I would love to see an AMA from someone who successfully works from home with sick kids, especially active toddlers

That’s Me.
I definetly work when my kids are home sick. I park them on the couch with pillow and blanket. Books or toys depending on age. Water bottle. A throw up bucket if necessary. Sometimes I’ll pick up sticker books or color by number.

Active toddlers are harder. The longest I kept anyone home full time was until 18 months. At that age it got hard

Now I’m working with an approx 3 month home with me all day and 2 1/2 yr old home for about 2 of my working hours.

I work 2 hours on Friday with a full house of children b’H. School Vacation days are also hard. I typically have a collection of simple crafts or new games to get through the day.

I think it’s possible because that’s all my kids know it’s much more doable the starting cold turkey when they are older.

(I work about 7 hours a day and 5 hours on Friday)
Back to top

gamzehyaavor









  


Post  Thu, Nov 08 2018, 5:12 pm
sky wrote:
That’s Me.
I definetly work when my kids are home sick. I park them on the couch with pillow and blanket. Books or toys depending on age. Water bottle. A throw up bucket if necessary. Sometimes I’ll pick up sticker books or color by number.

Active toddlers are harder. The longest I kept anyone home full time was until 18 months. At that age it got hard

Now I’m working with an approx 3 month home with me all day and 2 1/2 yr old home for about 2 of my working hours.

I work 2 hours on Friday with a full house of children b’H.

I think it’s possible because that’s all my kids know it’s much more doable the starting cold turkey when they are older.

(I work about 7 hours a day and 5 hours on Friday)

Is your work mostly computer related or do you need to speak with clients? I find the latter impossible with kids around & sounding unprofessional....
so I'm fine working with a nursing baby or sleeping toddler.
Back to top

Redbird









  


Post  Thu, Nov 08 2018, 5:16 pm
I can cook quick cheap healthy suppers that my kids actually eat. AMA Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top

Goldie613









  


Post  Thu, Nov 08 2018, 6:10 pm
How about an ask the Shadchan one?
Back to top

sky









  


Post  Thu, Nov 08 2018, 6:24 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Is your work mostly computer related or do you need to speak with clients? I find the latter impossible with kids around & sounding unprofessional....
so I'm fine working with a nursing baby or sleeping toddler.


Mainly computer and taking to coworkers. Very little customer interaction. I do have lots of meetings and my finger is pretty quick on the mute button.

Yeah it would be impossible to do sales or customer support full time.
Back to top

Mevater









  


Post  Thu, Nov 08 2018, 8:00 pm
Mevater wrote:
I became a wildly successful financial success in my 50s or 60s with an idea many others can follow.


Being that my AMA idea got liked, and AMA threads have now been officially banned for a year, theres got to be another way to phrase a thread on this topic, should anyone want to share their successes and help others.

Im sure there are Imamothers here who have come close to this sitch.
Back to top

Emotional









  


Post  Thu, Nov 08 2018, 8:11 pm
Mevater wrote:
Being that my AMA idea got liked, and AMA threads have now been officially banned for a year, theres got to be another way to phrase a thread on this topic, should anyone want to share their successes and help others.

Im sure there are Imamothers here who have come close to this sitch.

Are you gonna elaborate, or is this gonna be "PM me for more info?" Cuz right now I'm guessing that you're selling Mary Kay or Optavia or Herbalife or Melaleuca, etc etc etc...
Back to top
Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 2 of 3 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Jump to:  





Report offensive ad