Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Non Vaccinating = "Murderer"
Previous  1  2  3  4

southernbubby

Post Fri, Nov 09 2018, 12:16 pm
iyar wrote:
?

By that logic it could also be caused by Play Doh, french fries or wearing wool socks on a rainy day.

I don't think anyone ever considered those possibilities.

amother
Copper

Post Sat, Nov 10 2018, 8:00 pm
http://podcast.headlinesbook.c.....anner

Heres a panel discussion with doctors discussing Vaccines.

About 27 minutes into this podcast, Rav Akiva Tatz, a medical doctor, said that he wanted to know what R Kanievsky feels about vaccinating. So he asked a doctor friend of his, who is in Israel, to ask, and his Dr. friend in Israel asked R' Kanievsky what do do with parents who dont vaccinate. You can hear R' Kanievsky's clear answer in this podcast (if you trust R' Akiva Tatz, an MD).

Ravenclaw

Post Sat, Nov 10 2018, 8:46 pm
I must disagree with this. Considering the current political climate in America, it is easy to throw blame around for every tragedy that happens. I believe in vaccinations, quite strongly in fact, but calling those who don’t vaccinate murderers is taking things a little too far and only polarizes the issue even further.

Rappel

Post Sat, Nov 10 2018, 8:52 pm
Ravenclaw wrote:
I must disagree with this. Considering the current political climate in America, it is easy to throw blame around for every tragedy that happens. I believe in vaccinations, quite strongly in fact, but calling those who don’t vaccinate murderers is taking things a little too far and only polarizes the issue even further.

The chiddush here is that they're now using the term in its a halachic status, not as a political ploy. People whom are mevatel to these rabbanim now must vaccinate.

Frumwithallergies

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 5:24 am
amother wrote:
Sometimes people can get measles, heal, and then years later or right away come out with subacute sclerosing panencephalitis which is often fatal and caused by measles.

I haven't read through the rest, but I just wanted to correct this: SSPE (subacute sclerosing panencephalitis) is 100% fatal and needs to be distinguished between ADEM (an early complication of measles. All the following quotes come from the 'Up-to-date online' medical website:

'Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis — Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM) is a demyelinating disease that occurs in about 1 per 1000 measles cases. ADEM is thought to be a postinfectious autoimmune response; it may be triggered by a number of infectious causes'. ADEM is not always fatal.

'Subacute sclerosing panencephalitis — SSPE is a fatal, progressive degenerative disease of the central nervous system that usually occurs 7 to 10 years after natural measles virus infection. Its pathogenesis is not well understood but may involve persistent infection with a genetic variant of measles virus within the central nervous system [9,40].'

As fewer people receive vaccines, we will see more of both. Right now, my colleagues see international cases of SSPE from developing countries where vaccines are a scarce resource. This will be us as fewer people are vaccinated.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 9:49 am
http://outbreaknewstoday.com/j.....0641/

In an update on the measles outbreak in Israel, more than 1,400 measles cases have been reported in the country, with a large portion being from Jerusalem, according to an Haaretz report.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 10:02 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
http://outbreaknewstoday.com/jerusalem-measles-doctors-afraid-theyre-losing-control-30641/

In an update on the measles outbreak in Israel, more than 1,400 measles cases have been reported in the country, with a large portion being from Jerusalem, according to an Haaretz report.

It is apparently one of the most contagious viruses known to man.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 11:36 am
Everybody knows that R Shmuel Kamenetzky Rosh Yeshiva of Talmudical Yeshiva of Philadelphia and his wife Temi have been leading the Jewish anti vax movement for years. Horrible.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 11:40 am
amother wrote:
Everybody knows that R Shmuel Kamenetzky Rosh Yeshiva of Talmudical Yeshiva of Philadelphia and his wife Temi have been leading the Jewish anti vax movement for years. Horrible.

The problem isn't individual choice; it's 'movements'.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics