Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Seminary wishlist
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 10:40 am
https://www.midreshet-lindenbaum.org.il/

This is the real deal....

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 1:16 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
https://www.midreshet-lindenbaum.org.il/

This is the real deal....

I would not call that Bais Yaakov lite hashkafa. My uncle taught there for a long time.

Last edited by amother on Thu, Jul 11 2019, 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 1:16 pm
amother wrote:
Bnos sarah was low maintenance when I sent my first daughter there. My second is there now, and it is no longer low maintenance.

I'm sorry to hear that:(

Last edited by amother on Thu, Jul 11 2019, 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

doctorima

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 1:36 pm
Midreshet Lindenbaum is the pride of the MO world. The girls there learn Gemora intensively. This would be quite a culture shock for OP's daughter, and is not what she is looking for.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 3:15 pm
amother wrote:
Afikei Torah or Scharfmans.

Afikei Torah sadly closed about five years ago Sad
It would mostly fit the bill though.
Scharfman's girls come out like Bais Yaakov girls, but most don’t go in that way. It would be uncomfortable for some.
It’s a really great school.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 5:30 am
All of your feedback has been extremely helpful. Thank you all so much for taking the time to respond!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 5:34 am
amother wrote:
what about kesser chaya?

Can you tell me more about this school?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 5:36 am
Shuly wrote:
Lahav also sounds like a good fit.
It's half a year but there is the option to stay until Pesach which is almost the full year.

I just had 6 girls from there for a shabbos meal and I was very impressed with them.

Thank you. My daughter would like a full year seminary, but we did hear very nice things about Lahav!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 5:39 am
amother wrote:
Bnos sarah was low maintenance when I sent my first daughter there. My second is there now, and it is no longer low maintenance.

I’m also sorry to hear that Sad

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 5:18 pm
Would Nachlas seminary fit the wishlist criteria? Someone suggested it, but my daughter's school is not very familiar with that seminary and they don't have much information to give me.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 5:21 pm
amother wrote:
Would Nachlas seminary fit the wishlist criteria? Someone suggested it, but my daughter's school is not very familiar with that seminary and they don't have much information to give me.

No

I dont think more info is necessary bc I dont like the broad labeling that leads to lashon hara. But its not what you asked for.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 5:21 pm
Nachlas is probably too intense. What about Seminar?

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 5:29 pm
It sounds like Ateres is exactly what your daughter is looking for
I myself went to Ateres, any questions feel free to ask, though I am sure things differ from year to year

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 5:34 pm
amother wrote:

Academically? Although she would prefer something less academic she can handle a strong academic focus if the girls are the right fit

Hashkafically? Again, I believe she can be in a strong BY environment if everything else is the right fit

I know Seminar has undergone some changes in the past 2 years and I'm having trouble finding out about the new reputation

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 5:46 pm
amother wrote:
Academically? Although she would prefer something less academic she can handle a strong academic focus if the girls are the right fit

Hashkafically? Again, I believe she can be in a strong BY environment if everything else is the right fit

I know Seminar has undergone some changes in the past 2 years and I'm having trouble finding out about the new reputation

I can't tell you much about the new changes but I have a friend that works there who said it definitely has gotten more bais yaakovy.

I went a good year. I loved it! There is an "honors" class that is very academic. The other classes were as well but the girls maybe were a little weaker. I'd venture to say more academic than both Ateres and Keser Chaya. Based on where my friends were I'd say similar to Chemdas on the academic scale.

I know it had a bad reputation some years. My year was amazing, a huge group of solid good girls. We proportionately probably had more "nerdy" girls than other seminarys but imo a group of not with it girls is much better than a group of japs.

Again, I can't vouch for the girls every year. But overall it's such an amazing place and its so sad that it has the name it does (or did).

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 7:02 pm
amother wrote:
It sounds like Ateres is exactly what your daughter is looking for
I myself went to Ateres, any questions feel free to ask, though I am sure things differ from year to year

Thank you! This is very comforting. I’m getting quite overwhelmed trying to find the right fit for my daughter. I want it to be a wonderful experience for her.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 7:16 pm
Maybe send her to Beis soro schenirah in Manchester

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 7:19 pm
amother wrote:

Nachlas is BY not intense , neither hashkafically nor academically. In my opinion.

But the girls are not low-maintenance either, my opinion as well.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 7:23 pm
amother wrote:
Nachlas is BY not intense , neither hashkafically nor academically. In my opinion.

But the girls are not low-maintenance either, my opinion as well.

You're right. I'm not sure why I used that word. It just doesn't fit her criteria in a lot of ways though. It probably would have been good for her when it first started but then again it might have been too yeshivish...

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 7:25 pm
amother wrote:

I can just comment on last years nachlas girls. Not intense in any way.
And here's a fact:
Ratio of 80-20 went home for Pesach.
Doesn’t sound like it fits the bill.

ETA. seems like 2 posts above are saying the same.
Good luck!
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics