Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Instagram Models
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 4:17 pm
amother wrote:
Oh I love this post!!! I just deleted Instagram account after being on there for 3 years. My brain was so affected. I started viewing myself as ugly. Each time I looked in the mirror I was like oh gosh my nose is so long. My wig is so old fashion with those side bangs !! I went on crash diets to look like those ppl I followed. I started developing a serious inferior complex. Till I hit the delete button and now I'm so much more content!!

I still have mine and use it daily. But somehow it doesn't affect me. I usually just look at puppy or kitten or landscape pictures though LOL

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 4:34 pm
Recently deleted my IG

Best. Thing. I. Ever. Did.

My mind doesnt need to be filled with other peoples lives. I have enough in my life to work on and be busy with.

ahuva06

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 4:42 pm
imorethanamother wrote:
I love certain food bloggers - and I'm so impressionable so a lot of my dinners are just because someone's random meal made me uncontrollably hungry. :-)

But have you noticed that some food bloggers are also going down this path? They're a food blogger, but they're now being used as a marketing device and it's just ruining everything. Like, you cook food, why are you at [insert dress store here] showing me all the outfits? Why are you suddenly shopping ALL THE TIME, and taking a gazillion pictures about, say, napkin rings? And I like the way you make a salad, but why do you think I care so much about your thoughts and feelings for the morning that it's now become your regular routine?

I'd like to give a shoutout to Between Carpools. I love their content. They make it about the articles, and it doesn't feel self-serving to me.

I mute the stories of some food bloggers that also add in a bunch of stuff that I have zero interest in - that way I see the pics of their food on my feed but don't have to hear the other things that don't interest me.

I also really enjoy between carpools!

flowerpower

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 4:44 pm
The Insta stories are the best! You tell random strangers what you’re eating and what you’re going to do now.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 4:45 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
OMG I'm Chaya Braun Tongue Out Very Happy LOL Wink

Okay, I need to get off Imamother and back to Photoshop and calling back inquiries before my daughter gets home in an hour!!!

You know I love seeing your posts and videos. Right?

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 4:46 pm
flowerpower wrote:
The Insta stories are the best! You tell random strangers what you’re eating and what you’re going to do now.

I just want to say Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Zehava

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 4:50 pm
flowerpower wrote:

I deleted insta because of those instastories where some of my friends are embarrassing themselves and just being really weird. I was just nauseated and embarrassed for them.

Redbird

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 5:12 pm
Alot of these instagramers are doing it to promote their fashion/beauty business or are paid to promote such businesses. When that is the case I see nothing wrong with it. Nonetheless I have still completely lost interest in Instagram because of it.

amother wrote:
One thing I liked is that the author put into words why all the instagram messages about the Pittsburgh tragedy was also annoying - because everyone made it about themselves, and didn't offer anything particularly inspiring. For most of the posts, it seemed more of how they could insert themselves into the conversation. "I was crying when I heard." or "I have a cousin who once used to live there but doesn't anymore and it made the whole tragedy really hit home for me!"

I agree with this. It also bothers me that almost every business to takes advantage of tragedies or 9/11 ect to to gain likes / publicity with their "inspiring" posts...

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 5:46 pm
NovelConcept wrote:
Yup. I love Wait but Why. Tim Urban is really talented at getting to the core of the issue. He's a Yid, but was raised reform and therefore assumed all Judaism is fake "let's dance the hora" stuff. For being completely secular, he is mind-blowing in his capacity to probe and understand the world. Poke around on his site. He's got so much Torah, without having the Torah. IYH, he'll get there too.

BTW, check out his TED talk at TED.com. Type TIM URBAN into search bar. Hilarious, fascinating talk.

Which TED talk? The one about Wait But Why or about "Inside the Head of a Master Procrastinator?"

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 5:48 pm
amother wrote:
Oh I love this post!!! I just deleted Instagram account after being on there for 3 years. My brain was so affected. I started viewing myself as ugly. Each time I looked in the mirror I was like oh gosh my nose is so long. My wig is so old fashion with those side bangs !! I went on crash diets to look like those ppl I followed. I started developing a serious inferior complex. Till I hit the delete button and now I'm so much more content!!

and I've been thinking about saving up for a nose job. Sad

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 5:56 pm
I am about 10x happier since I deleted instagram.

One thing that really bothered me was the frum Jewish brands modeling their clothing as short sleeves, not covering the knees. Very disappointing to me.

I think instagram is really fake. I'd rather be in my real life and focus on real friendships.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 6:07 pm
One really scary thing I've read about: Some beauty bloggers will demand high 5 figures of $$$$ from their sponsors to AVOID slandering their product!!!

What that means is: Let's say Barbara Beauty promotes Alef Mascara. She will tell Bais Mascara company, "I'm going to do a side-by-side demo that compares and contrasts Alef Mascara with Bais Mascara and shows how Alef is better. If you pay me $$,$$$ I'll choose another company's mascara to trash."

HOW INSANE IS THAT????!!!!!

And Flowerpower, thanks! Let me know when I'm being too ridiculous in my stories please! Lately, I've been booking more and more clients through IG, and stories is a good part of that. I recently booked a well known wedding photographer from DC through IG!

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 6:45 pm
I also deleted my instagram account. We live in such a fake world.

sushilover

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 6:50 pm
amother wrote:
Look, I'm usually a "live and let live" kind of person. I'm decently pretty, my life is baruch Hashem wonderful, and everyone has their own path.

That being said, my instagram feed has gotten so bad that I'm thinking I have no choice but to remove it. I have a lot of beautiful relatives, and it seems that all of them spend their days modelling and using filters and looking coquettishly into a camera. It's all, "Outfit of the Day!" against a brick wall, "new makeup product" with kissy lips, here's my new wig, today I'm getting my makeup done, and just an endless promotion of ME ME ME.

I don't get it.

Don't tell me "low self-esteem". Their self-esteem is great. They're married, they're wealthy, they have everything they could want. Why on earth are they obsessed with themselves all the time? Why are more women jumping on this? Anyone remotely pretty suddenly has a feed all about their outfit choices and their dress they wore to this wedding, and whatever. Is it that they're bored with their husbands they need endless male attention? Or any attention? Is this the destiny of anyone pretty - to become obsessed with their own self? It sure seems like it.

To those of you who start railing about tznius - I don't care about tznius. I believe women should look beautiful and attractive, and if that means you wear tight dresses and short skirts and long wigs, go live your life. I just care about what seems to be utter narcissism.

And another thing - I know some women like this sort of thing, but for the life of me, I can't understand why women post stories about all their thoughts and feelings for the day. I roll my eyes and tell them, "NOBODY CARES", as if they can hear me through my screen. And then they screenshot any woman who private messages them a "thank you, that was so beautiful I love you so much!" to show the world their validation.

Ugh.

Are you me???!!!
I swear I could have written this post. And it's not just instagram. It's Whatsapp and facebook too!

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 6:57 pm
Okay, I don't really follow anyone frum but there are a few people (activists, writers, random people) that I follow on Insta, who talk honestly about their struggles with mental health or other life issues they are honest about and... I guess I'm in the minority here but if it's something I'm dealing with as well, it makes me feel less alone and even if it's not something I struggle with, I find them very inspiring!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 7:08 pm
Omg! thank you!you know when you think something is only you... Wink good to hear it's not!!There's one person I used to follow before I got rid of my IG who constantly posts photos of exotic vacation,then when she comes home posts photos of home and when ppl write how did ur kids manage without you she repsonds back how hard it was for her ....Really?????I had to travel so much this year and leave my kids for very sad reasons kills me to see ppl give her all this encouragement and sympathy don't get me wrong I'm all for ME time for moms but to an extent.
I cant understand what would make someone post photos of bedtime (them in a full face of makeup etc)and expose their kids on their account that's not private to the WHOLE world
Can't think of one reason to do this!!!!!!!!

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Nov 08 2018, 7:26 pm
amother wrote:
Omg! thank you!you know when you think something is only you... Wink good to hear it's not!!There's one person I used to follow before I got rid of my IG who constantly posts photos of exotic vacation,then when she comes home posts photos of home and when ppl write how did ur kids manage without you she repsonds back how hard it was for her ....Really?????I had to travel so much this year and leave my kids for very sad reasons kills me to see ppl give her all this encouragement and sympathy don't get me wrong I'm all for ME time for moms but to an extent.
I cant understand what would make someone post photos of bedtime (them in a full face of makeup etc)and expose their kids on their account that's not private to the WHOLE world
Can't think of one reason to do this!!!!!!!!

Oh, well if it makes you feel better, I think those people aren't narcissistic. Those are the people that need people to feel jealous of them. I always just feel bad for them and move on. I used to follow someone who would post herself and her husband in first class on yet another vacation, and I unfollowed her pretty quickly.

I don't think there's too much harm in a little picture of your kid every now and then, and I think it's actually totally fine. However, when you put it together with a poster that does the "here's my exotic vacation isn't it amazzzzing??", your kid becomes another prop to maintain this Perfect Persona that you share with the world. I hope those kids never develop a zit or ever do anything other than be beautiful.

But again, it doesn't bother me. It's clearly one of those cases where something is actually wrong, and it's obvious. For the original post that I mentioned, I can't figure out the motive of all these pretty women. It doesn't seem to be making up for any lack in their lives.

amother
Linen

Post Fri, Nov 09 2018, 8:59 am
Omg!! Can I join the club please? Very Happy
I left Instagram a while ago because I just couldn't with the #imlivingmyperfectlifeandyouarealljustjealousandletsseewhomakesthelongesthashtag

mandr

Post Fri, Nov 09 2018, 9:35 am
I love this thread! What really gets to me is when people post pictures of their kids in swimwear! It’s apalling! Or when they do that weird thing with their foot while posing so that one foot angles at 45 degrees leaning on the other one? Or when photographers feel they simply can’t post a photo without a motivational barfy quote about family or children or motherhood. Ugh! And what about the Instagram stories where celebrities have their parents say something? Suddenly all the followers are “loving” her father. Ewww. #nofilter is the biggest lie of Instagram. And did nobody get the memo that boomerangs are neurologically disturbing?

livinginflatbus

Post Fri, Nov 09 2018, 9:42 am
Am I the the only one who wonders if some of the bloggers do more than just vacation, swim in a shimmering pools all day , and take selfies in their expensive car ? Then they post it was such a busy day can’t wait to have a relaxing weekend ? Having said that, their are a few bloggers who do inspire me and I absolutely love the recipes I get from some
Cooking blogs ..
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics