Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Instagram Models
Previous  1  2  3  4

imorethanamother

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 1:29 am
amother wrote:
Oh I have a private account .. only friends and family and some friends of friends. I would never make my page public ..

But what if one of the "friends" that follow you see that you went out with a bunch of friends and now feels left out and sad? What if that family member that's silently going through infertility sees you post "look at my awesome daughter on her way to school!"

We can't help living in the world and there are always people with more than us. For me, personally, I would never want to be responsible for someone else feeling badly about themselves and I honestly can't understand why people NEED so much approval these days that they would risk hurting someone else. So I don't have an Instagram account.

imorethanamother

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 1:33 am
urban gypsy wrote:
I'm following along. And I think it's a fool's errand to wish that an entire media platform should be altered to fit your needs. If you don't like what Instagram has become, find a different platform or start your own. Stop moaning and whining, it's pathetic and changes nothing.

The wonderful content I'm referring to is accounts about body positivity, intuitive eating, history, humour, art, budgeting, recipes and many more. Get out of your frum internet bubble and search out accounts that add something good to your life, broaden your perspective, and teach you something. What do you use Instagram for anyway???

Wow. That's a little uncalled for. The OP isn't in a "frum bubble" - they didn't care about tznius or anything. The OP wondered aloud how so many frum women are displaying narcissistic tendencies and it's become some kind of weird trend. You think this doesn't carry over into real life? Maybe this has nothing to do with Instagram per se, but what Instagram illustrates our society has become.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 8:53 am
imorethanamother wrote:
But what if one of the "friends" that follow you see that you went out with a bunch of friends and now feels left out and sad? What if that family member that's silently going through infertility sees you post "look at my awesome daughter on her way to school!"

We can't help living in the world and there are always people with more than us. For me, personally, I would never want to be responsible for someone else feeling badly about themselves and I honestly can't understand why people NEED so much approval these days that they would risk hurting someone else. So I don't have an Instagram account.

So basically what you’re saying is I can’t make a nice wedding because maybe someone can’t afford it or is an older single .. I can’t wear expensive jewelry, can’t bring my babies places etc etc ? How is Instagram diff ? I’m not flaunting anything. I’m sharing.
I have never gone out with friends and left out someone who is part of that “group” so to speak , that would be horrible regardless of sharing on Instagram or not

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 9:11 am
amother wrote:
Oh I have a private account .. only friends and family and some friends of friends. I would never make my page public ..

But a private account makes no difference. Anyone can repost your picture and or show them to any random person. And honestly, who really cares that your daughter is starting school today? Maybe the child's grandparents, but really who else?

Maybe it's just me but I am so not interested in my friend's and friend's friend's kids' first days of school, and where my friends went out to eat that night, or where they went on vacation.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 9:15 am
amother wrote:
Here's an interesting article on this topic:
https://waitbutwhy.com/2013/07......html

For those of us who are old enough to remember...this is reminding me of the annual family letter (Junior just finished his double major at Harvard and will be graduating, ahead of schedule summa come laude, Muffy made partner, dear hubby and I will be going on a year round cruise after his early retirement, on the advance from his book sales, yes, that first book inside him that just to the top of the NYT list) but on a minute by minute basis.

Now of course, we all know the backlash. Google hilarious xmas letters, etc. And of course, there's the "My kid beat up your honor student" bumper stickers, and https://www.amazon.com/Your-St.....VKKA.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 9:20 am
amother wrote:
But a private account makes no difference. Anyone can repost your picture and or show them to any random person. And honestly, who really cares that your daughter is starting school today? Maybe the child's grandparents, but really who else?

Maybe it's just me but I am so not interested in my friend's and friend's friend's kids' first days of school, and where my friends went out to eat that night, or where they went on vacation.

If you’re not interested , you don’t need an account. Some people are interested. I love keeping up w my friends this way and I am very interested in my friends kids

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 9:21 am
amother wrote:

Also I don’t mind if someone shows someone my picture , I have nothing to hide. I still don’t want my page public for every creep to see. It’s not the same ..
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics