Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Nose stud (piercing)

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Nov 09 2018, 3:14 pm
I’m thinking of getting a stud on my nose I’m just curious how it works with Mikva, is it considered a chatzitza? Because I did hear that if you remove it the hole closes almost immediately.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Nov 09 2018, 3:52 pm
Anything that's not part of the Body is a chatzitza. If earrings are a chatzitza, I can't imagine this is any different. I'm sure the hole doesnt close within 10-15 minutes.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sat, Nov 10 2018, 6:44 pm
amother wrote:
I’m thinking of getting a stud on my nose I’m just curious how it works with Mikva, is it considered a chatzitza? Because I did hear that if you remove it the hole closes almost immediately.

Somehow I think if you do that you’ll have way more problems than what’s you do in the Mikva

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sat, Nov 10 2018, 8:13 pm
I've had mine for 10 years.
I take it out for mikvah doesnt close right away. Maybe it you kept it out all night it starts closing but no you can take out for 15-30 mins. I clean hole on the bathroom right before I tell mik lady I'm ready

I've had zero problem getting job, getting married, kids going to school...
I love mine. My husband likes it.

nchr

Post Sat, Nov 10 2018, 8:59 pm
If you never remove something and it beautifies you it may not be considered a chatzitza and may not need to be removed. Ask a sheila

amother
Chocolate

Post Sat, Nov 10 2018, 9:15 pm
They are easy to remove and definitely wont close up during mikvah--I take mine out and clean the hole just before I go in.

Only thing I would recommend is to get it pierced right after you go to the mikvah so it has a month to heal somewhat before you remove it (as this can be a little irritating for the hole).

You could also ask your LOR. I was told if I couldn't remove it (and I never took it out) it wouldn't be a chatzitza, but I can and do, so I take it out for mikvah.

wellaways

Post Sat, Nov 10 2018, 10:22 pm
I would ask a sheila for the time it takes to heal. But in general, I have a double piercing and remove the studs and clean the area as the last thing before calling the attendant. Once the piercing is healed there's no way it'll close up in between the time it takes you to dunk then return. I'm more worried about forgetting where I put the studs when I get back to the room LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics