Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
"Priorities"

miami85

Post Sat, Nov 10 2018, 8:43 pm
Years ago while on a Shabbaton I learned a "game"--more of a discussion than game called "Priorities." It had little strips of paper with important things in your life. I remember the basic gist of the game but not all of the details. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? The rules? The outcome? Have a list I could use?

Thanks.

esther11

Post Sat, Nov 10 2018, 9:44 pm
The way I’ve set it up in the past is as follows:

Divide into groups, I’d say 4-7 people would be ideal but that’s just my opinion. Have a bunch of priorities on index cards, ranging from pretty to close relationship with family to nice car to wealthy to good health to spiritual connection..., make sure there’s enough that each person ends up with at least 3. Divide up the cards and have each group member take turns discarding one priority, discussions are obviously wanted and welcome. Once everyone is left with only one card, as a group barrow it down until there is just one or two cards left.

(Variation: I’ve seen it done also that you may swap out one of your cards for a discarded one)

In terms of a list of priorities, I’d say just write up a list here and I’m sure many amothers will have ideas of what to add.

ccwife

Post Sat, Nov 10 2018, 10:20 pm
Another 2 variations I've done:

1. Lay out all the cards and have the group line them up in order of importance. Discuss each thing and where it should go on the line.

2. Tell the girls the story where a college professor had students first try to fill a container in the order - sand pebbles then rocks. Rocks didn't fit obviously. But then he had them do it the other way around and everything fit. You need to know your priorities and put them first otherwise they wont "fit" with your life... Then make piles for pebbles, rocks, and sand and have them split the cards up accordingly.

Random ones off the top of my head
Torah home, davening, vacations, looks, financial security, money, nice clothing, good grades, social life, EY, happiness, good relationship with your parents, big family...

miami85

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 9:03 am
Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics