Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
How I Wish My Doctor Would Have Presented Vaccination
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

southernbubby

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 1:56 pm
amother wrote:
Well, if these parents are not willing to work with others, and threaten and make demands to get their way on the account of others, I totally see their point. Why would you want a repeat of this, when other outbreaks occur? The schools are protecting themselves as well.

Bottom line is that these anti-vaxxers don't want to live with the consequences of their choices. It's very simple - the choices are as follows:

Vaccinate - and your kids have no limitations.
Don't vaccinate - but during outbreaks you must isolate your child to prevent the spread of disease.

The antivaxxers want it both ways - not to vaccinate and not to have limitations.

And that's the essence of the problem. If they'd just be willing to follow the guidelines and keep their children home when it's required, and stop threatening the schools, the schools wouldn't be clamping down like this.

These people agreed to keep their kids at home during the epidemic but they are now told that they are expelled unless they vaccinate by a certain date. One family might consider giving the MMR but the kids are all sick with colds and coughs and can't meet the deadline. Somehow these families all sent their kids to yeshiva without killing anyone until now.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 2:02 pm
I think many people understand that innately except for the option of a alternative vax schedule. Honestly , I think the cdc should make an alternative schedule for non-vacc tolerance symptomatic people. That'd put an end to 98% of this.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 2:02 pm
SuperWify wrote:
OP well said and researched. I wish there were more people like you.

The only type I hear screaming here and irl- are the pro and anti vaxers camps- one side claiming that vaccines are the safest and most wonderful invention of all time, why not take all (and I mean ALL flu, chicken pox and vaccines that are unproven ect) at one shot?

And on the other side we have them screaming- vaccines are so dangerous taking them will poison you forever. Doctors are truly evil who are in a conspiracy with the pharmaceutical companies to get rich.

Is there really no voice in reason???

I talk to my friends and they all seem it of control hysterical about the measles outbreak. They rushed to get their children under a year a MMR and those older a second dose. They check there children six times a day to make sure they don’t have any rash. They simply cannot understand why I space out my vaccines. Why I make myself crazy going to the doctor every day to get another shot. Think it’s really irresponsible of me. Think I’m crazy for not giving the flu shot. Think I’m crazy for not giving the MMR until the recommended 15-18 months.

I’ve done my research. My doctor has too. Vaccines are a bracha that we can’t live without, but- like any other medication- it’s stupid to say that there are no side effects or risks in taking them whatsoever.

What vaccines are not proven or necessary? I’m expecting my first and actually clueless about this stuff. And because the sides are so extreme, and no doctor will actually take the time to discuss it, feel like I don’t have clarity.

What is the tdapp vaccine? And what are the ones given at birth?

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 2:08 pm
southernbubby wrote:
These people agreed to keep their kids at home during the epidemic but they are now told that they are expelled unless they vaccinate by a certain date. One family might consider giving the MMR but the kids are all sick with colds and coughs and can't meet the deadline. Somehow these families all sent their kids to yeshiva without killing anyone until now.

Because there outbreaks are only increasing now when herd immunity is being decreased by larger and larger numbers of non-vaxxers. Until now, when the effect of non-vaxxing wasn't causing any issues, there was no danger. But now, since herd immunity has been largely affected, action needs to be taken.

Consider the schools situation - if they keep the status quo, they'll be threatened by both sides. The anti-vaxxers will cause lots of difficulties whenever there is an outbreak (which will happen more frequently if their numbers keep on growing). And if the schools gives in to their threats, parents whose children become sick because of anti-vaxxers can equally threaten the schools with their lawsuits. What's a school to do, when anti-vaxxers want it both ways?

I don't agree that all the anti-vaxxers agreed to keep their kids home. Many have threatened legal actions etc, and strongly resisted the requests. If they'd place nicely, and keep their kids home while waiting this to blow over, many of the schools wouldn't be taking this hard-line action. They're putting the schools in a very difficult spot, so the schools are responding in kind. They have no one to blame but themselves.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 2:10 pm
amother wrote:
What vaccines are not proven or necessary? I’m expecting my first and actually clueless about this stuff. And because the sides are so extreme, and no doctor will actually take the time to discuss it, feel like I don’t have clarity.

What is the tdapp vaccine? And what are the ones given at birth?

Tdap is Tetanus, Diptheria and Pertussis - similaar to DPT but with less D an less P in it.

Hep B is given at birth. Note that Hep B is an STD. No idea why newborns need protection from a s-xually transmitted disease.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 2:19 pm
amother wrote:
Because there outbreaks are only increasing now when herd immunity is being decreased by larger and larger numbers of non-vaxxers. Until now, when the effect of non-vaxxing wasn't causing any issues, there was no danger. But now, since herd immunity has been largely affected, action needs to be taken.

Consider the schools situation - if they keep the status quo, they'll be threatened by both sides. The anti-vaxxers will cause lots of difficulties whenever there is an outbreak (which will happen more frequently if their numbers keep on growing). And if the schools gives in to their threats, parents whose children become sick because of anti-vaxxers can equally threaten the schools with their lawsuits. What's a school to do, when anti-vaxxers want it both ways?

I don't agree that all the anti-vaxxers agreed to keep their kids home. Many have threatened legal actions etc, and strongly resisted the requests. If they'd place nicely, and keep their kids home while waiting this to blow over, many of the schools wouldn't be taking this hard-line action. They're putting the schools in a very difficult spot, so the schools are responding in kind. They have no one to blame but themselves.

In this particular school, they agreed to wait out the virus at home but other parents threatened to pull their kids out, if non-vaccinated kids were allowed to attend. At this point, the people who vaccinate are the vast majority in this particular school. The school cannot afford to fall apart over a few families so those families will be forced out. The teachers are also taking a strong stand so those anti-vax families will be ostracized and marginalized in the community. Some of them were active members in many important community functions so it is sad to have to force them out and I wonder how much safer everyone will be without them.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 2:23 pm
Gotcha Southern B , Chuckee Cheese ought to request citizens carry proof of vaccines to play too. Let's just switch from a democracy to a police state while we're at it.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 2:28 pm
southernbubby wrote:
In this particular school, they agreed to wait out the virus at home but other parents threatened to pull their kids out, if non-vaccinated kids were allowed to attend. At this point, the people who vaccinate are the vast majority in this particular school. The school cannot afford to fall apart over a few families so those families will be forced out. The teachers are also taking a strong stand so those anti-vax families will be ostracized and marginalized in the community. Some of them were active members in many important community functions so it is sad to have to force them out and I wonder how much safer everyone will be without them.

So like you've called it from the beginning. Mutual respect is needed from both sides.

The vaxxers should accept the antivaxxers, as long as they keep their kids isolated during an epidemic.

And the antivaxxer should accept the necessity of keeping their kids isolated during an epidemic, and not raise a fuss.

Last edited by amother on Sun, Nov 11 2018, 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

southernbubby

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 2:31 pm
amother wrote:
Gotcha Southern B , Chuckee Cheese ought to request citizens carry proof of vaccines to play too. Let's just switch from a democracy to a police state while we're at it.

And while we are at it; TSA needs to check vaccine records before every flight, bus, or train ride.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 2:38 pm
southernbubby wrote:
And while we are at it; TSA needs to check vaccine records before every flight, bus, or train ride.

You don't think once we're carrying papers some Trump supporters might suggest they put jew on our papers too? You know just in case they need to know that too? In case it's against their morals to be mixed with us, you know.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 2:39 pm
amother wrote:
You don't think once we're carrying papers some Trump supporters might suggest they put jew on our papers too? You know just in case they need to know that too? In case it's against their morals to be mixed with us, you know.

good point

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 2:45 pm
Ilike your point Southern Bubby , we need to cooperate. Both sides.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 3:23 pm
anonymrs wrote:
There is research from the NIH showing that 200,000 mg of vitamin a in the palmitate form given 2 days in a row helped kids with the measles recover.

Thanks. Don't know if it was my rushed reading comprehension or what, but I wasn't clear if that referred to getting over the measles, or preventing it if exposed, or other.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 3:25 pm
oneofakind wrote:
My doctor had enough time to tell me this about the hep B before it became mandatory "Give it to your (infant)son because he may want to be a doctor or join Hatzalah". Are you all laughing?
I said "With all due respect, I have different plans than for him to be a doctor". and never gave them.
PS. He's quite learning disabled (not due to vaccines but the massive ear infections he got from them didn't help his speech development) and will be neither.

If they have no time to explain benefit and risks, they have no business being in the business. I haven't seen any doctors getting Tomchei Shabbos, have you? They're wives don't work unless they want to. I meet them at excercise classes, shiurim, events, art classes etc. They live in nice houses and take nice vacations. Some do a lot of chesed which is nice but I don't cry for their financial situation at all.

Sure, I see those docs. And I also see a lot paying off their medical loans, expected to help and helping their communities in big ways, in addition to raising their families with all that entails. Not all are living the lifestyle you describe.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 3:33 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Sure, I see those docs. And I also see a lot paying off their medical loans, expected to help and helping their communities in big ways, in addition to raising their families with all that entails. Not all are living the lifestyle you describe.

Yup. I know plenty of doctors. Some are well off, others not so much.
One in particular, his wife works very hard as an OT. They NEVER take vacations. They are expected to pay full tuition etc... they are just part of the squeezed middle class with the rest of us.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 3:50 pm
amother wrote:
Tdap is Tetanus, Diptheria and Pertussis - similaar to DPT but with less D an less P in it.

Hep B is given at birth. Note that Hep B is an STD. No idea why newborns need protection from a s-xually transmitted disease.

Hep B is actually transmitted through blood, as well as the other semen and other bodily fluids. It is not solely an STD.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 3:52 pm
amother wrote:
Hep B is actually transmitted through blood, as well as the other semen and other bodily fluids. It is not solely an STD.

Right. Very important for newborns...
Why don't you google a bit about the history of Hep B vaccine and when the decision was made to administer this to every newborn?

IMO

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 3:56 pm
Can someone please refer me to a delayed vaccination sample schedule? A web link will do..
Thanks

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 5:17 pm
I’m amother plum from page one
Have a question:
Do u think an early vaccine of MMR given to an 11 month old would have any negative effect if he already suffers from asthma?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 6:54 pm
amother wrote:
Right. Very important for newborns...
Why don't you google a bit about the history of Hep B vaccine and when the decision was made to administer this to every newborn?

Can u post links? I’m searching and it just says 2 out of 3 infant that get hep b it’s not from the mom and they don’t known from where it is
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics