Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Are all adults vaccinated
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 2:56 pm
OP, great point. If a 40 year old got vaccinated when she was 4, the immunization has likely worn off in the 36 interim years. Immunizations wear off. The only permanent and lifelong immunization is proffered by the disease itself. No one has lifelong immunity to measles from a shot or 2 at age 3. Only measles itself give that immunity.

Therefore adults can and do get and can and do spread measles nearly as well as any unvaccinated or undervaccinated kid, regardless of the mainstream news spin.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 3:03 pm
amother wrote:
OP, great point. If a 40 year old got vaccinated when she was 4, the immunization has likely worn off in the 36 interim years. Immunizations wear off. The only permanent and lifelong immunization is proffered by the disease itself. No one has lifelong immunity to measles from a shot or 2 at age 3. Only measles itself give that immunity.

Therefore adults can and do get and can and do spread measles nearly as well as any unvaccinated or undervaccinated kid, regardless of the mainstream news spin.

This is what we are trying to determine. The tetanus, varicella, and whooping cough vaccines do wear off and need to be redone at intervals. The flu vaccine is very short lived.

With measles, sometimes it never renders the person immune and in many cases, the person has no proof of a second MMR (or even a first) or of an effective vaccine to begin with.

Sebastian

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 3:32 pm
amother wrote:

This is not always the case. I had chickenpox as a child and when I recently had my titters checked, my immunity was low.

OTOH, I was vaccinated against rubella and I am still immune.

oneofakind

Post Sat, Nov 17 2018, 7:13 pm
It might be anecdotal but how does one explain a situation when a child had a consistent mild reaction to an allergen but after receiving multiple vaccinations (of course, these days getting 5 at once is standard) upon her next exposure to the same allergen, landed up in the hospital with breathing issues and remained severe allergic the rest of her life, couldn't go to camp and carried an EpiPen. Do you know how many people lost their lives due to severe allergies? I think she would have been better off with chicken pox, measles, or mumps. I know that I cannot eat stone fruit during the late summer/early fall because I have a mild hayfever allergy but once I eat a stone fruit, it will trigger my hayfever terribly. It's simply allergen overload.

amother
Indigo

Post Sat, Nov 17 2018, 8:30 pm
To go back to the OP's original question, I work in healthcare and yes, everyone is vaccinated or shows proof of immunity as a requirement of employment.

amother
Orchid

Post Sat, Nov 17 2018, 9:11 pm
amother wrote:

I don’t know about most ppl but my husband and I are both 40s and checked our titers. We’re both immune. Dr. Said most ppl don’t lose immunity.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics