Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What do teens wear over their nightgowns?
1  2  Next

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 9:12 pm
I wear a casual zip-up robe over my nightgown once I'm out of bed, before I get dressed. I feel comfortable going into the bathroom and kitchen in it, and waking up my little kids in it. My teens don't want to wear the kind of robe I wear. What are high schoolers wearing over nightgowns before they get dressed, nowadays? Thanks so much for any help!

pause

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 9:13 pm
Zip up sweatshirt

HappyGoLucky1

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 9:20 pm
My daughter wears a long skirt and sweatshirt.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 9:23 pm
Thanks! Do you mean like a regular zip-up sweatshirt hoodie and a slinky skirt?

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 11:43 pm
For what purpose just in the house? Why do they have to wear anything on top of nightgowns of pjs?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 11:55 pm
Some walk around in pj's and some dont. The girls wear a hoodie on top of their nightgowns.

sirel

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 12:08 am
Get dressed.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 12:43 am
Teen girls wear nightgowns?
My DD and myself both wear t shirts and sweat pants around the house.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 1:37 am
I was also going to ask, what teenage girl, in todays world, still wear night gowns?
Also, why the need to wear something over it? Is it see through? If not, whats the issue?

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 1:53 am
No teens here yet, but I wear a shirt+pants pajamas, and pop on a light ("slinky?") elastic skirt over the pants if I feel a need to be more dressed. If someone came to the door, or if I'm staying over by someone, I'd put a hoodie on over that. But not for family.

chanchy123

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 2:09 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
I was also going to ask, what teenage girl, in todays world, still wear night gowns?
Also, why the need to wear something over it? Is it see through? If not, whats the issue?

My 13 yo dd likes wearing nightgowns occasionally. She has a warm fleece one. She wears it around the house though.

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 2:11 am
A warm fleece nightgown sounds thick enough to not need anything over it, though. Flannel too. It's as good as a housedress, even with nothing under it.

salt

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 2:13 am
My DDs wear nighties - is that the same as a nightgown? Like a long pijama top till somewhere below the knee - sometimes with pants underneath, sometimes not.
Nothing on top of that unless they're cold, in which case they'll wear a sweatshirt, or a long-sleeved vest underneath.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 9:42 am
Everyone does what works for them. In my family, and in our community, women wear nightgowns and would feel uncomfortable walking around the house in them. I'll try to remind my girls to lay out slinky skirts and sweatshirts the night before if they want to walk around the house before they get dressed. To my mind, it's almost as much work as getting dressed, but I guess if robes are just too nerdy, it's worth it to them. Thanks for everyone's input. Smile

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 9:47 am
We don't add anything on top of nightwear.

watergirl

shabbatiscoming wrote:

I was thinking the same thing last week. I looked online at some of the heimish websites and omg these nightgowns for teens cost $70!! My teen and I wear pj pants and a tshirt. I have a sweat shirt type robe for taking the dog out in and add a bra for when my step sons come over. My teen throws a slinky skirt over her pants and puts on a bra when my step sons come.

FranticFrummie

What about bathrobes? I bought myself one that is made out of the super soft plush fabric that they make baby blankets out of. The fabric that is so soft it feels like it's made out of kittens.

DD stole it the day I brought it home, so I had to go out and buy myself another one. She lives in that bathrobe!

amother
White

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 11:40 am
I don't know why people are so surprised that teens wear nightgowns. In our house my teen dds have always worn comfy cotton knit nightgowns that we get in Brooklyn. They are cute and cover them up to the neck and down to the ankles. (and I get them on sale for usually around $40 or less) If they want to come and hang out in them they will either put on a bra underneath or put a hoodie on top. This works for a few reasons:
-less body image issues for dd
- teen ds feels more comfortable
- we frequently have guests

To each his own, I guess!

pesek zman

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 11:47 am
amother wrote:
I don't know why people are so surprised that teens wear nightgowns. In our house my teen dds have always worn comfy cotton knit nightgowns that we get in Brooklyn. They are cute and cover them up to the neck and down to the ankles. (and I get them on sale for usually around $40 or less) If they want to come and hang out in them they will either put on a bra underneath or put a hoodie on top. This works for a few reasons:
-less body image issues for dd
- teen ds feels more comfortable
- we frequently have guests

To each his own, I guess!

I guess we don’t understand because if your daughters are covered from the neck to their ankles, why would they have body image issues (?) and why would that make your son uncomfortable?

You don’t need to answer. As you said, everyone does their own thing

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 11:59 am
Quote:
I guess we don’t understand because if your daughters are covered from the neck to their ankles, why would they have body image issues (?) and why would that make your son uncomfortable?

You don’t need to answer. As you said, everyone does their own thing

The person who posted about nightgowns to the ankles and body issues wasn't me, it was White amother. I'm OP and our nightgowns are mid-calf, loose and comfy. I think I get what she meant about body issues, though, because when I'm in my nightgown and robe, I feel comfortable and covered and not thinking about my body at all, because it's loose and hides everything, but in regular clothes that are more fitted I'm definitely aware sometimes of how fat my stomach has become, and I think about panty lines, and just am more aware of my body in general. I'm not sure if that's what White meant, though.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics