Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Best warm women's gloves that look good?

smileforamile

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 11:16 pm
I'm having such a hard time finding warm gloves that are also fashionable! I don't want to wear these big, bulky gloves that look like men's gloves, but I also need some warmth.

Any suggestions? I'm willing to pay if it means my hands won't freeze, like they do every winter!

preciousmommy

Post Sun, Nov 11 2018, 11:28 pm
Look for thinsulate gloves. They’re warm but not bulky.

DrMom

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 1:37 am
smileforamile wrote:
I'm having such a hard time finding warm gloves that are also fashionable! I don't want to wear these big, bulky gloves that look like men's gloves, but I also need some warmth.

Any suggestions? I'm willing to pay if it means my hands won't freeze, like they do every winter!

If you can't find something sufficiently fashionable AND warm, why don't you err on the side of WARM?

Chocomama

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 10:13 am
Did you ever try leather gloves? I got a pair as a gift years ago and I still wear them, they really keep out the cold. If I am really careful to always wear them, I don't have chapped skin. If you are in the US, at this time of year, sometimes Marshalls or TJMaxx sells them for reasonable prices.

smileforamile

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 8:47 pm
DrMom wrote:
If you can't find something sufficiently fashionable AND warm, why don't you err on the side of WARM?

Because the gloves I've found that are warm look like men's gloves. Surely there is something that looks a little nicer and is also warm? I'm not talking about the world's most beautiful gloves, but just something decent-looking? Not big and bulky and shapeless?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 8:52 pm
Do they need to be touch screen? If not, land's end has awesome thin glove liners. (If you wear them under touch screen gloves then the touch doesn't work.)

STMommy

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 9:14 pm
Cashmere lined leather gloves with a fur cuff or a bow detail don't look like men's gloves, they're super warm, classy and timeless.

smileforamile

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 12:07 pm
STMommy wrote:
Cashmere lined leather gloves with a fur cuff or a bow detail don't look like men's gloves, they're super warm, classy and timeless.

I've tried that before, but didn't find them warm.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains