Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
The benefits of an instant pot

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 6:27 am
I have just seen on I'm a mother from other posts that women are buying an instant pot.
Excuse my ignorance but I have never heard of an instant pot.How different is it to a pressure cooker? How easy is it? Does it save a lot of cooking time? If I have never cooked with a pressure cooker because I haven't seen the need,is there point in buying an instant pot? It seems quite a large item to store and quite costly to buy is it worth it?
Many thanks in advance

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 11:31 am
So I just bought an instant pot thanks to imamother, and I'm so happy I did!

It's similar in theory to a pressure cooker, just much easier to use and much safer. It does cook quicker, but that may not be something that you need. It was something that I did need. But what I really like about it is that I don't have to babysit my food. I put everything in the pot, press the right buttons, and I could just go do something else. Come back whenever. Maybe I'm sharing too much information, but I tend to forget the food I'm cooking (this started before I got on imamother Smile), and I burned the food more often than I would like to admit. This way, the food is cooked just perfect every time! It's like a miracle.

I find that the food tastes better too, and so does my family. I have a feeling it's healthier, but can't verify that.

If you're fine with the way you're cooking until now, then you probably will not find the instant pot helpful.

For me, it was well worth the money, and I think I already gained most of it back (in not throwing away burned food).

mha3484

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 11:34 am
I really like mine. I tend to shop on Sundays and ill freeze chicken or ground beef and come Wed when I like to serve meat for dinner I forget to take it out of the freezer. With the Instant Pot, you can add frozen meat or chicken and it adds only a few minutes extra to the cook time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics