Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Toddler DS Lies about me.. :/

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 1:08 pm
My toddler DS has been lying to ppl about me and I'm not sure what to make of it. He tells people I yell (I never yell by nature), I don't give him food (not true), I hit/pinch/pepper him (have never hit/pinched/peppered any of my kids) and send him to the corner (I have done that). He is happy at home and has never expressed anything like this to me; however, people have approached me to let me know what he's saying. I'm not sure what to do about this? Has anyone experienced this?

pesek zman

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 1:10 pm
How old is he?

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 1:12 pm
Maybe he is expressing his need for more attention from you. I had this with one of my boys. He just told people he likes his father more than me.

ectomorph

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 1:16 pm
How old? I would assume someone is feeding this to him.

Very not normal. Check who hes spending time with. Someone who wants to undermine you.

Your saying toddler so I assume under 5. A 4 yo will lie but not so consistently with such a theme. Its more creative confused lying at that age. This sounds more sophisticated.

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 1:21 pm
He is 3.

ectomorph

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 1:34 pm
There's an old saying that it's not paranoia if someone is out to get you.
You need to figure out where this is coming from clearly it's not his own invention and you need to remove that influence ASAP

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 1:37 pm
My 3 old did this this shabbos
He was with his friends in the playroom and I hear him telling them that im so mean and I pulled of his bandaid with my nail??
Not even sure how he came up with that
Later on when his friends left I asked him about it he looked embarrassed I think it was just him trying to be funny/silly
My daughter also did this and I never ever hit and by nature am calm so barely ever yell
I really wouldn't worry to much !!!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 1:49 pm
ectomorph wrote:
There's an old saying that it's not paranoia if someone is out to get you.
You need to figure out where this is coming from clearly it's not his own invention and you need to remove that influence ASAP

Could be. I would approach it in a very neutral way and say something like "Dovi, who do you know who says things like this? Do you think they have a mean mommy?" Say it in a curious and conversational way, like you're really interested in him, and he'll open up.

I had a similar situation with DD in first grade. It turns out a kid in class was saying all sorts of inappropriate things that he heard from his big brothers and their friends. After all, if an older kid says it, it must be true, right? Confused

Rachel Shira

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 9:37 pm
What’s “peppering” and if you don’t do that, whatever it is, how does a 3 year old know about it?

professor

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 9:56 pm
Wow and I thought I was the only one! I once got a call from my ds 's school for me and dh to have a whole meeting because a black/blue eye from falling off scooter and a mosquito bite made the teacher ask him how he got it and he made up a story about me! It was so funny! My older kids still laugh about it.

ectomorph

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 9:59 pm
amother wrote:
My 3 old did this this shabbos
He was with his friends in the playroom and I hear him telling them that im so mean and I pulled of his bandaid with my nail??
Not even sure how he came up with that
Later on when his friends left I asked him about it he looked embarrassed I think it was just him trying to be funny/silly
My daughter also did this and I never ever hit and by nature am calm so barely ever yell
I really wouldn't worry to much !!!
I also wouldn't worry about it being a one-time thing but it sounds like this has been going on for a while and is consistent also the age of the red flag 3 years old is a bit young to be making up stories like that
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics