Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Amazon chooses NYC as headquarters

Jeanette

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 10:45 pm
I dont know about you but I'm disappointed in the decision. NYC already has a housing crisis. It's not like it needs more people. I know Amazon will do what's good for Amazon but I really thought they'd choose a struggling midwestern city.

They could have quietly made this choice a long time ago and spared us the months of "Who wants to be a millionaire" drama.

tigerwife

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 10:49 pm
NY is where it’s at. I would hardly expect a company like Amazon, who has driven so many smaller companies out of business, to be considerate of small town or housing needs.

Zehava

Post Mon, Nov 12 2018, 11:36 pm
Hey if that means my items will ship even faster I’m all in
I think I singlehandedly made Jeff bezos rich

Fox

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 12:13 am
It looks like Long Island City was appealing because it's so close to different types of transportation options. Heck, knowing Amazon, they'll suit up minimum wage workers with snorkels and have them doing the breast stroke across the East River, dragging inflatable rafts stacked with boxes behind them.

I'm a total hypocrite when it comes to Amazon, I have to admit. I know they're evil, and I know we'll ultimately pay for being seduced by their business model.

But darn it, I sure do like having my stuff show up at my door within two days; my books zapped into my Kindle app; and calling customer service in Mumbai, having them check my account, and then having the call mysteriously patched to some nice lady in Tennessee who acts as if Jeff Bezos himself is waiting right there to slap a label on my package.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics