Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Miriam pascals no margarine sugar cookies? Reviews?

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 10:56 am
Anyone ever made miriam pascals no margarine sugar cookies? From something sweet cookbook?
I want to make chanukah cookies with my kids. Really dont want a crunchy cookie, looking for soft easy cookie that tastes great

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 10:58 am
amother wrote:
Anyone ever made miriam pascals no margarine sugar cookies? From something sweet cookbook?
I want to make chanukah cookies with my kids. Really dont want a crunchy cookie, looking for soft easy cookie that tastes great

I use this recipe all the time it’s good

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 10:59 am
amother wrote:
I use this recipe all the time it’s good

Can you tell me how the cookie comes out? Is it a harder crunchy cookie or is it soft at all?
And do u follow the bake time exactly?

seeker

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 12:23 pm
I have never had a fail from Miriam Pascal. I have had recipes that were not my taste, but never a recipe that was hard to follow or that didn't work. I'd recommend following her directions exactly because they work.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 12:31 pm
They weren't hard like regular sugar cookies but they weren't soft like black and whites. Somewhere in between.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 1:44 pm
Thanks...I dont mind if its a bit firm, I just need a bit of chew. No crunchy snap.
Maybe I shud underbake a bit?

bbhem5

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 2:48 pm
Does no margarine mean oil only? If so, could someone please post the recipe?

SYA

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 2:56 pm
To make sure it’s soft, follow the recipe. Mix the sugars and oil well. Mix after each ingredient. My son tried making it and decided to mix all at once. It was very crunchy.

Also, use a heaping tablespoon for amount on cookie sheet and bake for 8-9 minutes. I put on wax paper on the cookie sheet and it makes it softer. It’s soft when removed from the oven and hardens a little more as it cools over the next few minutes

bigsis144

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 2:56 pm
amother wrote:
Can you tell me how the cookie comes out? Is it a harder crunchy cookie or is it soft at all?
And do u follow the bake time exactly?

I found they were definitely crunchy, even when just baked to golden brown on the bottoms and left pale on top. And extremely crunchy a day or two later, in case you were planning on baking ahead for a party or something.

The last few cookies were a bit more difficult to cut/shape as the the dough sort of separated? Like the dough got more oily to the touch and not as smooth to roll out in a single piece.

But very delicious and my kids loved them, so I would still make again 👍

ladYdI

Post Tue, Nov 13 2018, 3:23 pm
Please post recipe!!

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 8:41 am
Sorry I dont have the cookbook myself. Anyone else have it?

etky

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 9:25 am
A tip to keep cookies soft: store them in a ziplock bag with a piece of bread.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics