Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
The Weight Watchers thread
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 11:14 pm
I’m not sure what the point (haha) of the fitpoints is, I don’t really exercise at all, no time or energy. I’m bH still losing consistently and have 12 lbs to go!

Any yummy low point granola bars out there? I love Kind bars but not worth it at 7 points!! I’d also love some new dinner ideas, don’t have to be super low point because I usually eat low point the rest of the day.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 12:48 am
I've lost 20 pounds! 5 this month, even with chanukah! I have 30 more to go.

For the poster asking about granola bars, kind has kids granola bars for 3 or 4 points.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 1:48 am
amother wrote:
I've lost 20 pounds! 5 this month, even with chanukah! I have 30 more to go.

For the poster asking about granola bars, kind has kids granola bars for 3 or 4 points.

That’s great! Keep it up! I have the Kind Kids bars but they’re so tiny...

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 1:09 pm
Does anyone know how to cook tofu?
I don’t think I have ever eaten tofu before. I bought it because I realized it’s 0 points. It says organic firm tofu. Any ideas that could keep it 0 points?

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 1:48 pm
I am bh doing so well on ww, with zero exercise (im sure I would do better with it, but not happening now) lost 25 lb since september.

how do you set your goal weight?

also, I need shabbos ideas and help! the long seudos etc. so hard to stay strong

( psa, if you're on the app, there is a "kosher" group if you want to join that)

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 1:59 pm
I just ate so much for lunch because it was zero points. Please tell me if this is normal amount to eat ..

1 can of tuna
1 can corn (no sugar in the corn)
Some sugar free/ fat free chickpeas
2 hard boiled eggs
Cup of coffee with Splenda

Ps - I am not loosing weight so either I’m eating too much, or need to exercise
I’m not gaining either

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 2:34 pm
amother wrote:
I am bh doing so well on ww, with zero exercise (im sure I would do better with it, but not happening now) lost 25 lb since september.

also, I need shabbos ideas and help! the long seudos etc. so hard to stay strong

( psa, if you're on the app, there is a "kosher" group if you want to join that)

Shabbos in the winter I find easier. Its the long summers that I find myself snacking.

But I serve low or no point options for every course so I could eat .
Baked Salmon, lots of fresh salads, chicken broth or vegetable soup, grilled chicken breast or turkey breast, string beans, roasted vegies, cauliflower kugel, splurgey fruit for dessert.
Shabbos day I make a large grilled chicken or turkey salad.

Where's the kosher group on the app.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 2:57 pm
amother wrote:

For Friday night I serve a zero or low point soup so by the time I get to the main course I don't eat as much. I even made chicken soup with chicken breast and it was delicous. For the main course I always have grilled cutlets as a main option (in addition to a dark chicken, shnitzel or meat) and for sides I make one vegetable usually roasted with olive oil pam, one not as high point side and one junkier side for my kids/dh. It's more cooking for me but I eat the healthy leftovers so it's worth it.

I've lost 20 lb in 4 months (including all the yomim tovim!). I haven't even thought about setting a goal yet because I'm still considered obese but I am now ok being in pictures and can really see a difference in my face and my body. I had started avoiding pictures because I just wasn't happy with my looks.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 8:13 pm
Anyone know how many points are in a chicken thigh, baked with bone, skin removed? I'm having trouble figuring it out- too many choices.

Honestly, I find this the hardest part of WW- I cant always figure out how many points I'm eating.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 9:11 pm
amother wrote:
Anyone know how many points are in a chicken thigh, baked with bone, skin removed? I'm having trouble figuring it out- too many choices.

Honestly, I find this the hardest part of WW- I cant always figure out how many points I'm eating.

The chicken bottoms are the hardest to calculate - and really doesn’t make much sense to me. Because a boneless bottom (pargiyot) which are delicious is 1 oz for 1 point but a bottom with the bones are 7 points! I just guesstimate how many points/ounces are in the bottom.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 9:13 pm
I lost 13 pounds in 3 weeks (have a lot of weight to lose) but unfortunately gained it back. Need to get back on track.
You’re motivating me, hearing how much everyone is losing!

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 9:57 pm
amother wrote:
The chicken bottoms are the hardest to calculate - and really doesn’t make much sense to me. Because a boneless bottom (pargiyot) which are delicious is 1 oz for 1 point but a bottom with the bones are 7 points! I just guesstimate how many points/ounces are in the bottom.

That's exactly why I'm confused. Are there really that many more points because the chicken was cooked with the bone?? It's not like I'm eating the bone!

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 10:23 pm
I signed up this morning, day one was more challenging than I expected. But tomorrow is another day... DH cooks, well, and I blame him for this 14 pound weight gain.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 10:40 pm
amother wrote:
That's exactly why I'm confused. Are there really that many more points because the chicken was cooked with the bone?? It's not like I'm eating the bone!

Forget the bone. Just try to calculate the chicken. It’s the same as a boneless bottom!
I chatted with WW a few times about this. In the end, this is what I do. But yes, this is a pain. Especially because I really enjoy a roasted chicken bottom ! 😀

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 10:56 pm
amother wrote:
I signed up this morning, day one was more challenging than I expected. But tomorrow is another day... DH cooks, well, and I blame him for this 14 pound weight gain.

Yay! You took the first step! Welcome!
I always say that the hardest part of being on weight watchers is the first few days. It takes a few days to figure out what you can eat... figuring out points takes practice. Once you get the hang of it, it’s really not hard! The most exciting part is going to weigh in the following week. The best motivation to stick with it is to see that you are loosing weight! This program really works. You’ll see when you weigh in next week. Good luck!

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 11:10 pm
amother wrote:
Yay! You took the first step! Welcome!
I always say that the hardest part of being on weight watchers is the first few days. It takes a few days to figure out what you can eat... figuring out points takes practice. Once you get the hang of it, it’s really not hard! The most exciting part is going to weigh in the following week. The best motivation to stick with it is to see that you are loosing weight! This program really works. You’ll see when you weigh in next week. Good luck!

Thank you! I’m actually doing the app, no meetings. Not my first WW rodeo, so the only thing that’s new are all the foods with zero points! I’m vegan, and eat a lot of beans, and they used to have a lot of points! Excited to start cooking!

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 12:26 am
amother wrote:
I just ate so much for lunch because it was zero points. Please tell me if this is normal amount to eat ..

1 can of tuna
1 can corn (no sugar in the corn)
Some sugar free/ fat free chickpeas
2 hard boiled eggs
Cup of coffee with Splenda

Ps - I am not loosing weight so either I’m eating too much, or need to exercise
I’m not gaining either

At one point I was eating a lot of chickpeas daily and I stopped losing weight. I weigh myself daily so it was easy for me to figure out why the weight loss had slowed. I cut back on the chickpeas and started losing again. If you aren't losing weight with your current approach something needs to change. It is definitely possible to eat too much free food.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 9:29 pm
Hi everyone, OP here! My 6-month WW anniversary is tomorrow and I'm proud to report that I've lost 44.8 pounds - just 1.8 pounds until my goal! The last few pounds have come off very slowly and it is maddening!

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 10:33 pm
Wow wow!! Good for you!!!
You stayed completely on plan?
Exercised?

I’m back on now - trying WW though with cutting out sugar. Finding that sugar craves sugar by me.

That’s fantastic that you lost so much in so little time!!!!

Post Tue, Apr 02 2019, 10:49 pm
This is my first week on WW. I am doing a frum meeting and the app. Where's the kosher group on the app?

Thanks
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise