Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Why did you choose your username?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

BadTichelDay

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 10:35 am
I wanted something that describes my appearance in a slightly funny way without being too personal.
As you can guess, I use tichels and scarves as my daily headcover. I have loads of them and love buying more and more even if I run out of space to keep them.
I'm also a total anti-morning person and at that time of day, I'm often in a great hurry and too clumsy to tie them artistically. Instead of looking like a live Wrapunzel advertisment, they end up looking lumpy, shlumpy or slip back.
That paves the way for another ... bad tichel day! But I've learned to live with it.

groovy1224

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 10:39 am
Ravenclaw wrote:
I am curious about others.
My first thought when I saw mommy3b2c was that it’s her bra size. On closer examination though I realized that doesn’t make sense ; )

Lol!

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 10:41 am
Ravenclaw wrote:
I am curious about others.
My first thought when I saw mommy3b2c was that it’s her bra size. On closer examination though I realized that doesn’t make sense ; )

Lol. I nearly died laughing just now.

I am a 32B 😂😂

And it stands for “Mommy of 3 boys (way) to cute.” Before I had my third son I was mommy2b2c.

And I love your username because I am obsessed with Harry Potter.

Everyone in my family (including me) has tee shirts that say “I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.”

mandr

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 10:45 am
I'm not a man doctor. My screen name is just significant initials. And I love Hobbes so that's my avatar.

I'm curious about FranticFrummie. They're two words that sound good together because of the alliteration but I can't see how they have anything to do with each other Wink

groovy1224

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 10:47 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Lol. I nearly died laughing just now.

I am a 32B 😂😂

And it stands for “Mommy of 3 boys (way) to cute.” Before I had my third son I was mommy2b2c.

And I love your username because I am obsessed with Harry Potter.

Everyone in my family (including me) has tee shirts that say “I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.”

We had a onesie that said that and then said 'mischief managed' on the tush. For a baby not an adult haha.

InnerMe

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 11:02 am
Ravenclaw, that interpretation of mommy3b2c cracked me up!!

I was pondering my name for a few moments when signing up.. and "InnerMe" just popped into my head, and I felt like it was a good name for myself... since I very much believe in "inner" health/ emotional health, looking inside of yourself and being true to yourself, finding that "InnerMe" and being true and loving towards it.

perquacky

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 1:43 pm
Mine was the name of a game my brother and I had when we were kids. (Although I found out later that I spelled it wrong.) https://www.amazon.com/Cardina.....5JS8K

And I like ducks. I dunno. I find them calming. A walk to the duck pond on Shabbat always does me good.

Rachel Shira

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 3:36 pm
I was just trying to think of a random real name that didn’t actually have anything to do with me. And Rachel Shira popped into my head. I regret doing two words though because it’s a pain when I have to sign in.

Sleepymama

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 3:42 pm
Bad tichel day is my favorite! Too funny!!

Sleepymama

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 3:44 pm
I love all these "back stories"
Makes me want to change to something more creative. How do I make an avatar? I don't have a computer just phone - I think you can't do it with a phone?

singleagain

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 4:08 pm
Sleepymama wrote:
I love all these "back stories"
Makes me want to change to something more creative. How do I make an avatar? I don't have a computer just phone - I think you can't do it with a phone?

I can make you an avatar... Just send me a pic you want to use and I can resize and crop

Shuly

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 4:13 pm
I took a totally random name that has nothing to do with my real name.

Then I thought my avatar of feet went well with Shoe-ly LOL

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 4:32 pm
Some people already know my story. But for those that don't , I used to be Bizzydizzymommy. Then one day a family member told me that if you Google Bizzydizzymommy, all my posts pop up and that person was having a field day reading my posts. It felt like this person was being a Yenta and "eavesdropping" on my conversations I had with my imamother friends. So I chose a new username. I figured if someone tried googling "thunderstorm " a weather report would show up as opposed to Imamother threads.
The joke is , IRL I'm terrified of thunderstorms.

Last edited by thunderstorm on Wed, Nov 14 2018, 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

OBnursemom

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 4:37 pm
Harried mama wrote:
For example, the Tipat Chalav nurse asked me yesterday, "So what does your baby eat? Rak tzitzie?"

In Yiddish, tzutzie or tzumie is a term for a pacifier. My name is kind of obvious. I named myself after my jobs.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 4:38 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Some people already know my story. But for those that don't , I used to be Bizzydizzymommy. Then one day a family member told me that if you Google Bizzydizzymommy, all my posts pop up and that person was having a field day reading my posts. It felt like this person was being a Yenta and "eavesdropping" on my conversations it had my imamother friends. So I chose a new username. I figured if someone tried googling "thunderstorm " a weather report would show up as opposed to Imamother threads.
The joke is , IRL I'm terrified of thunderstorms.

I was wondering why you changed your screen name!

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 4:43 pm
SuperWify wrote:
I was wondering why you changed your screen name!
I liked my old name better... oh well.

ahuva06

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 5:06 pm
Shuly wrote:
I took a totally random name that has nothing to do with my real name.
:

Same here!
I changed my username recently bec I was nervous someone figured out who I was..

sleepwalking

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 5:50 pm
Because that's what I literally do...

1ofbillions

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 7:25 pm
Because thinking of a username made me introspective. I was hit by the realization that I am just one of billions of human beings currently in existence on this planet. Cue an existential crisis.

My profile pic is because my heart feels frozen over.

That's actually really depressing. I think I'm going to change it later tonight.

wantavaca

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 7:51 pm
cuz I want a vacation!
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics