Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Escaping Hi-Chair

1stimer

Post Sun, Aug 14 2005, 5:36 pm
My 11 month old son has started climbing out the high chair. HELP!! What to do??

miriam

Post Sun, Aug 14 2005, 5:38 pm
The buckle doesn't help?

1stimer

Post Sun, Aug 14 2005, 5:41 pm
Nope, my little houdini manages to wriggle out of it, and trust me, it is at its tightest!

Tefila

Post Sun, Aug 14 2005, 5:46 pm
Nonething u can do then Idea except buy from toys r us those harnesses good 4 lots of stuff when you want your little houdini to stay put Exclamation
That is alos I only like strollers w/h a five pt harness b/c mine always wriggle out of the 3.

1stimer

Post Sun, Aug 14 2005, 6:19 pm
I may try that frielich, if I can bear his wrath, boy will he get angry when he realises he is strapped in.

And yep my stroller has a 5 point harness. it's enough lugging it up and down stairs wihtout worrying about my little houdini jumping out and helping me carry it down!

shoy18

Post Sun, Aug 14 2005, 6:49 pm
my hi chair has a five point harness also. does your hi chair have different levels maybe put it all the way down and put it next to the table that we he is closer to the ground so he cant fall.

1stimer

Post Sun, Aug 14 2005, 6:52 pm
Nope, no 5 pt harness unfortunately and no different levels, its a cheap no-frills hi-chair. I bought it before we realised what he could get up to!!

baby's mom

Post Mon, Aug 15 2005, 2:16 am
So I guess this is the next thing I should be worried about...my baby escaping hi-chair. Shes mastered escaping her changing pad/table now I just need to get her a hi-chair and then soon after she'll graduates!!
BTW, maybe this needs its own thread or maybe one exists ...whats a good hi- chair to get and what are some recommendations that you have from personal experiences?

1stimer

Post Mon, Aug 15 2005, 2:28 am
Are there any other feeding options besides a 5 point harness in a high chair for my son?

1stimer

Post Mon, Aug 15 2005, 2:28 am
baby's mom, I think there is another thread on it. Search for high chair.

But from my experience, GET ONE WITH A 5 POINT HARNESS!!!!!!!

Post Mon, Aug 15 2005, 3:33 pm
we have a "rule"- no high chair, no food. so we say to my daughter, you want this to eat. "yes." okay so go into your high chair. she's almost 2 so it works pretty well. does he escape at the beginning of his meal or once he's eaten some?

1stimer

Post Tue, Aug 16 2005, 6:50 am
he usually escapes when he gets bored, which is somewhere in the middle, towards the end of his meal. I have the same 'rule' 0613, he only eats when he is in his high chair. If he escapes, I put him back in or if he keeps escaping he goes but that is the end of the mealtime. Eventually he'll get it that no high chair no food.

the last thing I need is him crawling around eating, 'feeding' the ants...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics