Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
There's a woman on the cover of mishpacha!

oakandfig19

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 4:51 pm
They finally realized that a Lev Tahor member in a burqa is tznius enough for them..

gingertop

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 4:56 pm
I was rather offended that they did that. The article itself showcases how deranged that cult is. But they are sort of implicitly saying that these women are more tzinius. Wth.

InnerMe

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 5:01 pm
When I read the title I thought that someone's prob. pulling a hoax on us..
But then when I opened this.. all I am is so glad and thankful that they published an article about this. I am so happy this will get the desperate coverage it deserves and make people aware of the horrors going on there.

I can't even think of the women pictures thing for once... just glad they are writing about this.

gingertop

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 5:07 pm
InnerMe wrote:
When I read the title I thought that someone's prob. pulling a hoax on us..
But then when I opened this.. all I am is so glad and thankful that they published an article about this. I am so happy this will get the desperate coverage it deserves and make people aware of the horrors going on there.

I can't even think of the women pictures thing for once... just glad they are writing about this.

The article itself is incredibly sad.
The graphics team should have been more careful. We're trying to disassociate this group from normal yiddishkeit. They are not better. They're tznius is not healthy.

It's an unfortunate mistake and I agree that what's really important here is that this topic is being brought to the fore.

InnerMe

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 5:09 pm
gingertop wrote:
The article itself is incredibly sad.
The graphics team should have been more careful. We're trying to disassociate this group from normal yiddishkeit. They are not better. They're tznius is not healthy.

It's an unfortunate mistake and I agree that what's really important here is that this topic is being brought to the fore.

True, I agree. Haven't seen it yet, so can't really comment.
Just described my immediate reaction: What a pic of a woman???!! to Phew! Relief! So so so happy they are making more people aware.

ETA: they will prob. get lots of positive feedback, but I'm sure there'll be critics as well.
When you publish such a sensitive piece it's bound to happen unfortunately.

happymom123

Post Wed, Nov 14 2018, 5:29 pm
InnerMe wrote:
True, I agree. Haven't seen it yet, so can't really comment.
Just described my immediate reaction: What a pic of a woman???!! to Phew! Relief! So so so happy they are making more people aware.

ETA: they will prob. get lots of positive feedback, but I'm sure there'll be critics as well.
When you publish such a sensitive piece it's bound to happen unfortunately.

Just to note, people with negative feedback share much more freely than positive feedback. If you have positive feedback to share, say so!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics