Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Schools in Dallas, TX

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 2:18 am
We are considering a move to Dallas. My two hesitations are weather (long hot humid summers), and boys schools.

Can anyone tell me about the schooling options? Ideally, I want a right wing MO zionistic school with strong academics. I have a boy (preschooler) and a girl (still home with me).

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 7:36 am
amother wrote:
We are considering a move to Dallas. My two hesitations are weather (long hot humid summers), and boys schools.

Can anyone tell me about the schooling options? Ideally, I want a right wing MO zionistic school with strong academics. I have a boy (preschooler) and a girl (still home with me).

I don't think there is that option.
There's Yavneh, where some of the families drive on shabbos etc- I don't know if they label themselves orthodox or conservative- and there's torah day school, which is a regular frum day school. For high school there is only Chofetz Chaim- many boys go out of town. For girls there is Mesorah High School, a small warm school [that I went to] but it is far from MO. It's basically an out of town bais Yaakov.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 6:35 pm
Thank you. Can you describe the CC High School? What type of families send their kids away for school and to where?

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 6:39 pm
Akiba Academy is MO and Zionistic but probably not as right wing as you want.

TDSD is a Torah Umesorah day school.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 7:15 pm
Not OP, but I'd love to hear more about Torah Day School, both for boys and girls. What is the level of learning like for both kodesh and secular studies? Is it completely separated by gender, and if not, from what grade is it separated?

Approximately how many students are in each class? Are parents and students generally happy with the Rebbeim, teachers, and hanhala? I know it's an OOT school, but how diverse/homogeneous is the student body? Are there rules about TV, Internet, etc.?

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 9:10 pm
Can anyone describe Akiba Academy?

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 9:40 pm
Would you consider Houston at all? Beren Academy is exactly what you're describing, and it's from preschool through high school.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 9:50 pm
Op here. Yes id consider Houston if there ... The reason I wasn't considering it is because I totally thought that there is no boys high school there. I read through the other posts and kept reading that ppl send their kids to Dallas for high school. Can you tell me about Beren Academy and the Houston community? I'm looking for a MO/Yeshivish community with a right wing MO school.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating