Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Setting up payment dates

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 6:31 am
Many of my monthly payments I get to choose the date, but many I do not. My husband gets paid weekly and I get paid bi-weekly--both on Friday. this was a change from when I used to get paid 2x monthly always on certain dates. So it used to be I *knew* there would be money in the account on certain dates, now I'm finding that I have no certainty and its been causing problems. Any advice?

baby12x

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 6:54 am
https://adimesaved.com/budgeti.....ystem
See link
Basically take the amount you think the bill will be from a paycheck as soon as you’re paid. Put it into a separate account that bills get paid out of
This way it doesn’t accidentally get spent

Amarante

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 7:34 am
It sounds as though you get the money in your account but some bills are due between one paycheck and the other paycheck

Why not just pay the bills immediately instead of going through the additional step of putting money aside to pay them. Maybe I am missing something in terms of timing.

I don't understand what bills are coming due that are causing the issue. In my experience credit card bill payment dates are easily changed by calling the company. I did this because I wanted all my credit cards and mortgage due on the same date so I wouldn't have to remember to pay on different days.

My utility bills give me a fairly long time period to pay so just pay on the day when the money is in your bank. My phone bill is paid Autopay through my credit card and so it just gets paid every month with my credit card. It is so much easier because I used to inadvertently forget to pay bills although I had the money - this way I have cut down on the number of bills I actually have to remember to pay.

I also do my checking online which again makes it much simpler to pay bills because I don't have to remember to mail something. I really am terribly forgetful about remembering to take things with me - I have even been known to have letters STAMPED in my purse but I forget to mail them for days :-)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics