Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Dieting and so hungry advice please

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 8:35 pm
so I’ve always been thin but I haven’t lost my weight from my 3rd child who is almost 15 months old. I decided to go on a diet. I’m using my fitness pal and aiming to eat 1400 cal a day but really trying to eat well protein, healthy fat, whole grains etc- I lost 5 pounds in 8 days - I think mostly just bloat from all the junk I was eating before. The problem is that now 11 days in im soo hungry. Do I say I obviously need more calories? I don’t want to starve my body and mess up my metabolism? But I also don’t want to start eating more every time I’m hungry because them I’m no longer dieting
Just for reference I’m 5”4 weighed 137 at the beginning and really aiming to lose 10 lbs.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 8:36 pm
What are you eating? Fill up in between on low cal veggies and blended veggie soups.

pesek zman

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 8:37 pm
No wonder you’re starving! 1400 calories is so little!!

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 8:40 pm
Wow! You're lucky! My Fitness Pal told me to only eat 1200 calories!

It's hard. I had to drink a lot of water - often carbonated - to fill me up.

If you have the money, invest in a nutritionist. Basically, a nutritionist will tell you to eat every hour or two. They tell you to eliminate salt, try to eliminate sugar, eat lots of fish and eggs, eat very fibrous foods, a small amount of fruit, and lots of vegetables. But the amount you can eat is much more than the amount of calories you're taking in.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 8:43 pm
Told me to do 1200 too but I see it’s too little I’m hungry so I upped it to 1400 but I’m still hungry 🙈

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 8:45 pm
pesek zman wrote:
No wonder you’re starving! 1400 calories is so little!!

Is it? So what should I be eating to lose a little

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 8:45 pm
amother wrote:
Told me to do 1200 too but I see it’s too little I’m hungry so I upped it to 1400 but I’m still hungry 🙈

Maybe you're eating high calorie foods and we can help you figure out how to maximize your 1,400 calories eating more.

Optione

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 8:50 pm
amother wrote:
Maybe you're eating high calorie foods and we can help you figure out how to maximize your 1,400 calories eating more.

This.
220 calories can be a cookie. It can also be a huge salad with salmon, evoo dressing, and melba toast...

professor

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 8:53 pm
It's not a good diet if you are starving! Just eat. Eat vegetables, whole grains, no sweeteners at all ever, but plenty of food. Eggs, even fried, cheese, fish, and other foods that are not junk

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 8:59 pm
My nutritionist bassie silber Gabe me a great piece of advice. Start eating soon after you wake and be sure to split up your food so you’re eating throughout the day so you never get the chance to get very hungry. Once you allow your hunger hormone to spike and you’re starving it’s very hard and it will take way more food to feel sated. Also water! Good luck

Mommy1:)

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 9:50 pm
If you have a predisposition towards prediabetes/insulin resistance, carbs will spike your insulin and appetite. higher fiber and lower carbs may help with the appetite and weight loss.

Cheiny

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 10:00 pm
amother wrote:
so I’ve always been thin but I haven’t lost my weight from my 3rd child who is almost 15 months old. I decided to go on a diet. I’m using my fitness pal and aiming to eat 1400 cal a day but really trying to eat well protein, healthy fat, whole grains etc- I lost 5 pounds in 8 days - I think mostly just bloat from all the junk I was eating before. The problem is that now 11 days in im soo hungry. Do I say I obviously need more calories? I don’t want to starve my body and mess up my metabolism? But I also don’t want to start eating more every time I’m hungry because them I’m no longer dieting
Just for reference I’m 5”4 weighed 137 at the beginning and really aiming to lose 10 lbs.

If you seriously want your appetite and cravings to lessen, remove all bread, pasta, rice, potatoes (even whole wheat/whole grain) from your diet and focus on proteins, fruits, vegetables only. It’s the grains that cause the cravings and appetite. This is the only diet I am able to deal with..,

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 10:57 pm
Stop dieting!!!!

You are in normal weight range. Just eat healthy wholesome foods, lots of fruit and veg, and no junk.

Spoken by a person who was always thin, and then messed up their metabolism. (I remember an early diet I went on I wrote "Thursday's weight - 121lb.". I should have been happy with that and just tried to be healthy. But I didn't and now I weigh more than 230lb. Please learn from my mistakes).

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Nov 15 2018, 11:09 pm
I’m overall eating well, plain Greek yogurt with frozen fruit, salad with chumus, eggs, salmon,ww crackers, quinoa, almonds,pistachios
I don’t want to mess up my metabolism
Scared to fully cut out carbs bec I will eventually reintroduce them...
I’ll try to eat low calorie foods more frequently

debbie321

Post Fri, Nov 16 2018, 5:39 am
That dkes sound like a low intake
Try to drink alot of water throughout the day.
Also, im not sure how it works with the app, but if veggies are free or low, have them prepped and cut up in your refrigerator to snack on; cucumbers peppers and celery. Snack on those and apples. The trick is to fill up on good, healthy foods so yoy wont be hungry; proteins, fruits amd veggies

dankbar

Post Mon, Nov 19 2018, 2:29 am
Why do you need to lose weight if you are at this weight? Seems like you already lost half of your goal in one week. Are you nursing too?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise