Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Need pediatric dentist Jerusalem

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 8:19 am
Who do you recommend?

gingertop

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 10:31 am
In the Magen Avraham clinics (one is on Divrei Chaim 02-537-7988, one on Gesher Hachaim 02-537-2362) I like Dr. Gabi but he has a very long wait list. Dr. Ira has a shorter wait list but you usually wait at clinic. She does a lot in one visit and works very quickly which is great. Dr. Penina also works very quickly. A less experienced dentist is Dr Rikki Klein. She seems to be good and quite efficient. She's willing to accommodate parents' requests without a fuss.

I've also used Dr. Orian Yemini at the Meuchedet Haturim clinic

EBY

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 11:44 am
Yoel Cohen on Derech Chevron is wonderful, gentle and very professional (also anglo-israeli so you get the best of both Smile

https://www.d.co.il/80163671/46230/

Iymnok

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 12:45 pm
I am happy with the Meuhedet dentist in Kenyon Ramot.

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 1:27 pm
Thank you all.
gingertop- do all these dentists rush to fill every cavity or do any take the 'wait and see' approach?

gingertop

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 2:29 pm
Dr Cohen (I forgot to mention him- I've used him too!) is probably your best bet with the wait and see approach because he has private patients. The others I listed take Meuchedet. The price difference is huge. But because Meuchedet dentists deal with non regular patients, they are more anxious to get everything done as long as they have the patient in the seat. Dr Rikki Klein explained this to me when I once asked her about waiting with something. She was ok with waiting but explained why they are more likely to go all out. Dr Yemini has also been ok with my timetable.
I should mention, the magen avraham clinics have great dentists but the dental rooms are pretty awful. The Haturim clinic is nice and new. I just don't know the quality of their dentists although I was happy with Yemini.

YoYo

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 2:36 pm
I really like Dr Orian in meuhedet haturim. She has a wonderfully calming way with young scared patients. Easy to get an appointment and only 34nis copay!

gingertop

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 2:40 pm
To clarify for OP, Dr Orian that YoYo is referring to is Dr Orian Yemini- the same one I've been referring to. She is very calm and and nice to the kids.

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 3:51 pm
I was under the impression that kupat cholim dentists are not always up-to-standard. Would you say that Dr Orian is as good (or better) than a private dentist?

gingertop

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 3:58 pm
It's hard to say who's better. I don't know how to judge except by bedside manner and I was ok with both. Happens to be that dd who was treated by Dr Cohen had to have a mercury filling replaced and refilled. By then I was just going to Haturim because of the ease with appts. I like that Orian doesn't use the mercury fillings. Dr Cohen is supposed to be a real expert. I just don't know how to judge these things except by what I see.

Teomima

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 4:06 pm
I take my kids to the Meuhedet clinic in Kiriyat Yovel. We've seen a number of people there and have been happy with them all.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 5:07 pm
gingertop wrote:
In the Magen Avraham clinics (one is on Divrei Chaim 02-537-7988, one on Gesher Hachaim 02-537-2362) I like Dr. Gabi but he has a very long wait list. Dr. Ira has a shorter wait list but you usually wait at clinic. She does a lot in one visit and works very quickly which is great. Dr. Penina also works very quickly. A less experienced dentist is Dr Rikki Klein. She seems to be good and quite efficient. She's willing to accommodate parents' requests without a fuss.

I've also used Dr. Orian Yemini at the Meuchedet Haturim clinic

Not OP, but I also need to find one. What are the Magen Avraham clinics? Are they under meuchedet?

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Nov 20 2018, 3:28 pm
gingertop wrote:
It's hard to say who's better. I don't know how to judge except by bedside manner and I was ok with both. Happens to be that dd who was treated by Dr Cohen had to have a mercury filling replaced and refilled. By then I was just going to Haturim because of the ease with appts. I like that Orian doesn't use the mercury fillings. Dr Cohen is supposed to be a real expert. I just don't know how to judge these things except by what I see.

I agree, so hard to know!

Does anyone know of other private clinics that are subsidized with kupat cholim (Maccabi preferred)?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics