Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Chanukah gift ideas for adult family members?

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Nov 19 2018, 12:42 pm
Starting to look out for gift ideas for parents, husband and adult siblings. Anyone have any good ideas?

doctorima

Post Mon, Nov 19 2018, 12:52 pm
What's your budget? A digital picture frame (optional: preloaded with pics) is a really nice idea.

singleagain

Post Mon, Nov 19 2018, 12:54 pm
A great gift is something a person wants but will not buy for themselves.

Or, consider what they need, want, collect.

CHAYA R

Post Mon, Nov 19 2018, 2:48 pm
For older boys or men a nice scarf.
This one is really pretty but dont think you will get it in time for chanuka.

New Cashmere Scarf Designer Geometric Printed Men's Thicken Warm Cape Long Shawl Brand Shawls and Scarves Warm Pashmina Echarpes
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/x7esuZi

1ofbillions

Post Mon, Nov 19 2018, 3:02 pm
Some of the things I'm buying:

-Perfume (Sephora has this deal where you pay $65.00 and they ship you a bunch of perfume samples. Then, you can redeem the full size version of whichever perfume you like best!) https://www.sephora.com/produc.....oduct

-Jewelry

-Electronics (Apple Airpods are amazing, but most people won't spend the $150.00 necessary to buy them on their own.)

-Starbucks card (my brother got me one 2 years ago. I still use it to buy drinks- I go to Starbucks once every 2 or 3 months, and think of him every time Smile

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 12:36 am
We found Crystal candelabra for my mom's summer home. Hope she will love it. She used silver plated and it broke.

dankbar

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 10:51 am
What about Instapot. Souse vide...these are all the hype now

mom!

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 10:58 am
gift certificate for a massage or facial or even manicure...

Cheiny

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 1:54 pm
amother wrote:
Starting to look out for gift ideas for parents, husband and adult siblings. Anyone have any good ideas?

I say gift certificates for everyone so they can select what they’d like most. Buying specific things is risky...

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 5:06 pm
Cheiny wrote:
I say gift certificates for everyone so they can select what they’d like most. Buying specific things is risky...

I don't like giving these because the amount you spend is known. And I sent like receiving because I have to remember to spend it before it expires.

singleagain

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 6:04 pm
BuzzFeed is a really fun website with a while slew of gift ideas .... Just Google BuzzFeed gift guide. Breaks it to into nice categories also

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 6:29 pm
Sleek leather gloves with touch screen finger tips
Costly quality umbrella
Earrings
Spa certificate
Linen
Photo session certificate

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 6:33 pm
My sister gave all the women one year a nice pair of costume earrings and she gave the men received a bottle of scotch. Everyone was happy .

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 6:35 pm
Cookbooks for the ladies
Cufflinks for the gentlemen

elisheva25

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 7:25 pm
Milk frother

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 7:34 pm
amother wrote:
I don't like giving these because the amount you spend is known. And I sent like receiving because I have to remember to spend it before it expires.

Other reasons why I sometimes don't like gift certificates:
1. It may be at a pricier store so I feel like I'm not getting the full value. $100 there can buy a lot less than $100 at a cheaper store.
2. A store that's not your taste
3. Many times you are forced to spend money you didn't want to spend (if the item you want to get is more than the amount on the card).
For example, I received a gift certificate to a linen store. I didn't like any of the linen they carried but felt like I "overpaid" on the pillows I ended up using it for. I considered getting a tablecloth, but with the $80 and change that was left, I would have had to add at least double to that, while I could have spent the same money at Closeout Connection for a beautiful tablecloth and still be left with the gift certificate for another time.

newmommy22

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 11:07 pm
For parents I like to get some sort of photo gift like a calendar with all yhe kids/grandkids birthdays put in. It's just a bit time consuming to put together.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics