Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Reccomend wedding hair/makeup in lkwd
1  2  Next

flapsmom

Post Mon, Nov 19 2018, 3:33 pm
We are in Brooklyn and are having a close wedding in Lakewood. It seems to make most sense time wise to do hair and makeup in lkwd but I don't know who to book. Please reccomend if you can! Contact info and Instagram or a way I can check out their work would be appreciated too.
Thanks!!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Nov 19 2018, 3:35 pm
Hair- Chevy kotler in forest Park

sbmom

Post Mon, Nov 19 2018, 4:33 pm
Hair-
Sara Cattan 848.299.9884
Malka Yakabov 732.363.0706
Miriam Shaindel 732.773.5794
Adina Landman 732.703.2239
Shifra Bak 732.770.5327

Makeup
Leebe Weinberg 732.886.1022
Rochel Leah Tennenbaum

flapsmom

Post Mon, Nov 19 2018, 4:52 pm
Thanks sbmom! Do you have personal experience with any of these people? Do you know if I can check out their work on Instagram?

esther11

Post Mon, Nov 19 2018, 5:01 pm
Chana Hirth makeup
https://www.instagram.com/chanahirthmua/

sbmom

Post Mon, Nov 19 2018, 5:22 pm
Hii,
I've used all those hair people and was very, very happy. I don't know about instagram.

I've used Leebe Weinberg and was very happy.

esther36

Post Mon, Nov 19 2018, 5:38 pm
Not sure which part of lkwd you'll be in but baila Friedman is amazing for make up. She does a gorgeous job but not caked on. She's located in Raintree. And shifra Bak does hair stunning and is in Coventry which isn't far from there.
Malka yakubov I would recommend for hair if u want an updo or something sophisticated.
Miriam shaindel also is great. Not sure where she's located.
Toby Posen in prospect vines is amazing for hair too.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Nov 19 2018, 5:57 pm
Miriam Follman

DVOM

Post Mon, Nov 19 2018, 6:20 pm
I just celebrated my brother's wedding and did my hair and makeup in Lakewood. I did a lot of research beforehand...

I used Chassi Meisner (shades of waves on instragram) for my hair. She was so wonderful. I had a very specific vision of what I wanted for my hair (it had a huge floral arrangement in it). She was so enthusiastic and really went out of her way to make sure my hair came out the way I wanted it to.

For makeup I used Esther Zell. She was fantastic. I wanted my face to look like my face, but I wanted dramatic eyes. I wore a very theatrical gown, and I wanted the makeup to match. It came out beautiful (If I do say so myself Very Happy )

I think the thing that made them both so great was that they really took the time to listen to me, to understand what I wanted and make it happen.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Nov 19 2018, 7:08 pm
DVOM wrote:
I just celebrated my brother's wedding and did my hair and makeup in Lakewood. I did a lot of research beforehand...

I used Chassi Meisner (shades of waves on instragram) for my hair. She was so wonderful. I had a very specific vision of what I wanted for my hair (it had a huge floral arrangement in it). She was so enthusiastic and really went out of her way to make sure my hair came out the way I wanted it to.

For makeup I used Esther Zell. She was fantastic. I wanted my face to look like my face, but I wanted dramatic eyes. I wore a very theatrical gown, and I wanted the makeup to match. It came out beautiful (If I do say so myself Very Happy )

I think the thing that made them both so great was that they really took the time to listen to me, to understand what I wanted and make it happen.

I second Chassi! She did me as well.

DVOM - I’m sure you looked stunning! Wish I could see pictures!

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Nov 19 2018, 7:33 pm
sbmom wrote:
Hair-
Sara Cattan 848.299.9884
Malka Yakabov 732.363.0706
Miriam Shaindel 732.773.5794
Adina Landman 732.703.2239
Shifra Bak 732.770.5327

Makeup
Leebe Weinberg 732.886.1022
Rochel Leah Tennenbaum

Sara catten did ny sisters weeding I loved her and easiest to deal with. Shell redo if ur not totally happy.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Nov 19 2018, 7:43 pm
Faigy Weiss did my make-up in Lakewood. She's amazing but expensive $80

Lobel (I forgot her firest name) did my girls hair. She was good and cheap at the corner of central and Kimbal I think

flapsmom

Post Mon, Nov 19 2018, 10:23 pm
Thanks so much to all who took the time to respond! I'll start looking into the names that were suggested.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Nov 19 2018, 11:00 pm
Check out Hair by Toby on Instagram and makeup by Mimi Mizrahi on Instagram. Really enjoyed working with both of them at a recent wedding. So patient. Very clean.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Nov 20 2018, 4:01 am
Hair by toby - amazing!!

Mimi Gelbwachs makeup - only make up artist I was happy with from using MANY!! 732.503.3571 everyone I sent to her also been SO happy!!

flapsmom

Post Wed, Nov 21 2018, 11:05 am
Thanks so much for all your help ladies! We booked Chassi for hair but still no one for makeup. Does ANYONE in Lakewood charge less than $100/face??? Or am I dreaming? (And a travel fee on top of that!)

asmileaday

Post Wed, Nov 21 2018, 11:06 am
flapsmom wrote:
Thanks so much for all your help ladies! We booked Chassi for hair but still no one for makeup. Does ANYONE in Lakewood charge less than $100/face??? Or am I dreaming? (And a travel fee on top of that!)

Why would there be a travel fee if you go to them?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Nov 21 2018, 11:48 am
flapsmom wrote:

As far as I remember Mimi Gelbwachs is cheaper than that! Did you try her?

ladYdI

Post Wed, Nov 21 2018, 11:57 am
I used pessy Tessler for hair and Shaitels. She recently got married
And Toby Laufer (Vorhand) for makeup
Both young well priced and fantastic

flapsmom

Post Wed, Nov 21 2018, 1:11 pm
asmileaday wrote:
Why would there be a travel fee if you go to them?

For them to travel IN Lakewood (to the hall or to wherever we will be basing out of) people are charging.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics