Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Really great manicure

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Nov 20 2018, 8:54 am
I would like to try getting some sort of nail tips. I never have before, but my own nails are pretty unimpressive, and I would really like to just enjoy pretty nails for a while. I have a few simchas coming up, and I suppose I'd like to spoil myself a bit (even though I know nail extensions are not particularly good for your nails themselves). I'd like to go to a place that someone could recommend, as being high quality and skilled....

I am in Brooklyn, Flatbush area.... can anyone kindly recommend a location, or even a name of a specific manicurist in a specific salon?

Also, to those in the know, would you be able to recommend a specific type, I've heard that there are different procedures (powder, etc....)

Thank so much:)

(been asking around, hence, anon....)

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Nov 20 2018, 12:22 pm
The best that I have tried is tips with silk dipping powder.
It hurt my nails less than the regular acrylic.
Just be aware that like you said the acrylic/glue ons really do damage your nails. They are repairable but it takes time. They definitely do look gorgeous if done right.
I haven't done them in a while so I don't know an updated place but the last time I did it my friend sent me to her manicurist on 60th Street between 19/20th avenue. I don't remember the ladies name but she did a great job.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics