Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Looking for a job

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Nov 20 2018, 10:32 pm
At this point I’ve been out of the workforce for a while but now I feel my kids are all older and I want to go out to work every day part time and we can use the money.
So these are my options:
1) study for a degree, I am b”h bright and don’t think I would have an issue with this. The only drawback is that I’m not even sure which field to go into and if I would enjoy the work.
2) I would enjoy working for amazon seller as I’m very creative and enjoy these things.
3) or teaching which I would also greatly enjoy.

Now how to break into these fields? Which one do I have most potential to actually get a job. Which option would I earn the most money?
We’re in middle the year already too.

Any other suggestions? I’m smart creative, and have an entrepreneurial spirit.

dankbar

Post Tue, Nov 20 2018, 10:37 pm
Try subbing first to see if teaching is for you.
How about you open up your own line of Jewish educational learning aids, workbooks & curriculum.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Nov 20 2018, 10:38 pm
I'm sort of in the same boat! Hard for me to comment on all your options without knowing your prior training, experience, and skills, but I will say this: Teaching does not pay very well, but if you can teach in your children's school and get a tuition break, that is worth a lot because you don't pay taxes on the money you save from tuition. Probably the best way to break in in the middle of the year is let the school know you'd be available to do long-term (ie maternity leave) substituting.

Good luck!

Leahh

Post Tue, Nov 20 2018, 10:47 pm
amother wrote:
At this point I’ve been out of the workforce for a while but now I feel my kids are all older and I want to go out to work every day part time and we can use the money.
So these are my options:
1) study for a degree, I am b”h bright and don’t think I would have an issue with this. The only drawback is that I’m not even sure which field to go into and if I would enjoy the work.
2) I would enjoy working for amazon seller as I’m very creative and enjoy these things.
3) or teaching which I would also greatly enjoy.

Now how to break into these fields? Which one do I have most potential to actually get a job. Which option would I earn the most money?
We’re in middle the year already too.

Any other suggestions? I’m smart creative, and have an entrepreneurial spirit.

Pm me. I have an idea for you.

aussie2

Post Tue, Nov 20 2018, 11:47 pm
If you are planning on trying the amazon seller route I would recommend first taking the amazon bootcamp course so that you do it right..
Keep in mind you could start with a small range of products and see how it goes.

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Nov 21 2018, 10:27 am
dankbar wrote:
Try subbing first to see if teaching is for you.
How about you open up your own line of Jewish educational learning aids, workbooks & curriculum.

Thanks for the suggestion. Do you know if there’s a demand for Jewish educational aid? I think I would be great at creating learning aids the question is if there’s a demand for that. And which category?

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Nov 21 2018, 10:28 am
amother wrote:
I'm sort of in the same boat! Hard for me to comment on all your options without knowing your prior training, experience, and skills, but I will say this: Teaching does not pay very well, but if you can teach in your children's school and get a tuition break, that is worth a lot because you don't pay taxes on the money you save from tuition. Probably the best way to break in in the middle of the year is let the school know you'd be available to do long-term (ie maternity leave) substituting.

Good luck!

Thanks! I’m considering long term subbing for now.

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Nov 21 2018, 10:30 am
aussie2 wrote:
If you are planning on trying the amazon seller route I would recommend first taking the amazon bootcamp course so that you do it right..
Keep in mind you could start with a small range of products and see how it goes.

Do you have any specific course you would recommend?
Also I’m a little hesitant to invest I sometimes think it’s not realistic and most people do t really make it big on Amazon. What your experience with that?

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Nov 21 2018, 5:08 pm
Anyone know of any amazon office in Monsey that are looking to hire?

Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics