Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Embarrassing hobbies you won't tell anyone about
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Sleepymama

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 3:22 pm
Ok, so this is definitely not my hobby, but it is a strange thing that I enjoy doing:
Drumroll....
I like to comb out lice.
I dont want to see
It's not that im happy if a DC has lice and I definitely don't let lice fester, but if I end up with an infestation I find it oddly relaxing to deal with it. I think because I know I can't put it off, so I'm completely guilt free about ignoring everything else while im dealing with it. Just something about the monotony of the task, it can't be rushed, it will slowly but surely get done...I cant explain it, its like a meditation. I get into the zone, and I'm calm, focused and relaxed. When the task is done I have to go back to real life, but I miss the oasis from the chaos that the lice checking provided. I think I should write an article called "zen and the art of combing out lice" Rolling Laughter
Any other weirdos like me out there?

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 3:26 pm
LOL- I used to write fan fic!!!! this was wayyyy back in the day. Man, that harry potter stuff I wrote was really good! I wonder if anyone actually read it. Wow, this thread was for me. You know how many embarrassing hobbies I have?

I am addicted to makeup videos.

I have been following some vloggers for years. I literally have watched one couple get engaged, married, divorced, now each are married to someone else.....it is bizarre

I am obsessed with history.

I am obsessed with the Lord of the Rings. Ditto Harry Potter

I am totally addicted to tweezing. Yep. Tweezing!

I sometimes do my makeup before going to bed just for the fun of it

I dance like I'm in a club when no one's watching (at least I hope....)

I know almost every (ok, not every) major Broadway actor/actress.

ok I totally, totally have exposed myself. Anyone who knows me will no who I am

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 3:37 pm
I can't believe I forgot my numero uno mucho embarrassing thing: I watch one ASMRtist EVERY SINGLE DAY.

LITERALLY EVERY DAY I watch the same person on youtube doing asmr. I'm telling you, it's an addiction.

Sigh. now everyone's gonna be like, what's ASMR??

ectomorph

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 3:44 pm
Fanfic amothrrs post your fics!! Clearly theres a lot of interest you can get reviews

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 5:07 pm
not embarrassed but maybe not so common and not many to share with...
I like writing letters (even fountain pens). collecting postcards, fridge magnets. working with herbs. and more...

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 5:27 pm
I would never admit this in public. I love video games. I even love watching other gamer stream their games. It is so much fun! (And much cheaper than buying it to play yourself)

SuperWify

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 5:32 pm
I have an embarrassing obsession with popping pimples. Every time I see someone with a big pus pimple I have resist the urge from wanting to pop it.

BH my sisters are willing ginuea pigs. DH however... he doesn’t let me even touch them Sad for some reason he’s scared of me.

heidi

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 5:59 pm
SuperWify wrote:
I have an embarrassing obsession with popping pimples. Every time I see someone with a big pus pimple I have resist the urge from wanting to pop it.

BH my sisters are willing ginuea pigs. DH however... he doesn’t let me even touch them Sad for some reason he’s scared of me.
Oy. I thought I was the only one.
I also love watching frum weddings on youtube.
Super pathetic I know

professor

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 6:33 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Fanfic amothrrs post your fics!! Clearly theres a lot of interest you can get reviews

Let's start a thread "what do you write about" and see what people write most fanfiction about. I bet Harry Potter wins!

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 7:47 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:

3. I love to paint-by-number. I know, super embarrassing, I can't, and don't like to actually REALLY paint, I just like to follow the lines. And I'm so good at it! It's really a talent! I don't do it often now, and I haven't finished the last few I started, because who really has time for un-useful hobbies?

I've done this, too! Like you, I just like to follow the lines. Smile I have an adult (as in not kid-themed, for you jokers a few pages back Smile) for the same reason. I don't know why I like it, it's just relaxing. I have not turned out anything worthy of hanging on the fridge but it's fun.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 7:49 pm
amother wrote:
I would never admit this in public. I love video games. I even love watching other gamer stream their games. It is so much fun! (And much cheaper than buying it to play yourself)

ME TOO! Which streamers do you watch? I haven't gotten into that and I might be interested if there are some that are clean.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 2:08 am
amother wrote:
ME TOO! Which streamers do you watch? I haven't gotten into that and I might be interested if there are some that are clean.

LDShadowlady, especially her earlier Minecraft videos, are super clean and sweet. She games with her fiance Joel, and they are really cute together.

Most other gamers swear way too much. embarrassed

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 9:07 am
I opened this thread hoping someone else would say fanfiction. I was not disappointed Very Happy .

I'm not embarrassed about writing fanfiction. It's a good way to practice writing.

I am embarrassed about the rating of some of my stories, though, so no story-sharing from me.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 2:51 pm
Sleepymama wrote:
If any of you fan fiction writers happen to be laazov of the Frum Harry Potter fan fiction, you should be proud -that stuff is amazing!!

She's not married yet.

Signed,
Laazov's sister, who also writes fanfics, watches old gymnastics matches on YouTube, and is currently reading her way through the Dewey Decimal system.

Fox

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 3:36 pm
amother wrote:
I can't believe I forgot my numero uno mucho embarrassing thing: I watch one ASMRtist EVERY SINGLE DAY.

LITERALLY EVERY DAY I watch the same person on youtube doing asmr.

Omg! Me, too! My favs are Fairy Char and ASMRista Fan, who does Hebrew language ASMR. So I tell myself I'm improving my Ivrit. Though the only real result is that I can recite "The Sixteenth Sheep."

Also a reader/writer of fanfic, though I just got hired to write an original romance, so we'll see how that goes.

ectomorph

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 3:45 pm
Congratulations fox!! Thats crazy amazing!

Sleepymama

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 4:36 pm
amother wrote:
She's not married yet.

Signed,
Laazov's sister, who also writes fanfics, watches old gymnastics matches on YouTube, and is currently reading her way through the Dewey Decimal system.

😂 send her my praise!
Laazov's sister, can you post your fanfic too? I'm sure you're amazing!!

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 4:38 pm
Sleepymama wrote:
😂 send her my praise!
Laazov's sister, can you post your fanfic too? I'm sure you're amazing!!

Not as good as her!
Achos Laazov on AO3. Nothing Harry Potter though.

gande

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 5:00 pm
Sleepymama wrote:
Ok, so this is definitely not my hobby, but it is a strange thing that I enjoy doing:
Drumroll....
I like to comb out lice.
I dont want to see
It's not that im happy if a DC has lice and I definitely don't let lice fester, but if I end up with an infestation I find it oddly relaxing to deal with it. I think because I know I can't put it off, so I'm completely guilt free about ignoring everything else while im dealing with it. Just something about the monotony of the task, it can't be rushed, it will slowly but surely get done...I cant explain it, its like a meditation. I get into the zone, and I'm calm, focused and relaxed. When the task is done I have to go back to real life, but I miss the oasis from the chaos that the lice checking provided. I think I should write an article called "zen and the art of combing out lice" Rolling Laughter
Any other weirdos like me out there?

Yes there is someone Me Can't Believe It . I'm the biggest procrastinator, but when it comes to lice I'm zealous and energetic.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Dec 06 2018, 5:44 am
Fox wrote:
Omg! Me, too! My favs are Fairy Char and ASMRista Fan, who does Hebrew language ASMR. So I tell myself I'm improving my Ivrit. Though the only real result is that I can recite "The Sixteenth Sheep."

Also a reader/writer of fanfic, though I just got hired to write an original romance, so we'll see how that goes.

which fandom I'm so curious
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics