Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Questions to low carb/high protein dieters
Previous  1  2

flmommy

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 3:31 pm
Andrea curious if you eat fruits and vegetables?

hannabanana

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 4:13 pm
I have lost 40 in a short amount of time, 3xs After birth lol! I was stuck with the last 5-10 pounds, actually tacked on to the goal later... as I wanted to get really thin.. so I took a an idea off a diet in that I eat smaller meals every 2-2.5 hrs. Keeps your metabolism working. I lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks, and it was the 2 weeks leading up to pesach to boot, when I would normally fill up with the wrong takeout food! I believe there was a thread about a diet and they had a list of snacks that helped me.
I don’t eat bread or starch but I do do chocolate
My menu looked st like this:
Coffee and a 1/3 pc minor chocolate
Pro bean vanilla 80 yogurt with half tbsp caramel and granola
Yobar
Big salad with snap peas olives and the rest/ half can chunk lt tuna in oil/ bit of mayo, add 1/4 fiber one for crunch and fiber and low fat dressing
Snack bet lunch and dinner a cookie with coffee
Dinner is protein and veg.. when I do breaded chicken for the family I’ll do mine grilled with onions
Tea
Hope this helps

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 10:47 pm
renslet wrote:
So I'm really trying very low carb but I'm getting so constipated, what solutions are there. I drink a ton of water.
Also I find snacks the hardest, what ideas do you have

Salt and magnesium. Really mostly salt for me though. I do t really snack anymore. Low carb makes one not hungry if you go really low carb. Eat bigger meals.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 10:52 pm
flmommy wrote:
Andrea curious if you eat fruits and vegetables?

I don’t eat fruit. I eat minimal vegetables, mostly in the form of pickles. Maybe twice a week. Personally, I am sensitive to carbs. They make me want to eat. My asd son realized it about himself. Then I realized it was true for me. I’m not suffering and my dietician literally says that a multivitamin is WAY more than I’m missing, so I take calcium, vitamin d( Canadian after all) and Of course my salt pills and magnesium (for sleep issues that span my whole life. )I don’t suggest that others dont eat vegetables. Lots of low carbers eat vegetables. I just don’t because I don’t like how they make me feel.

Last edited by Chana Miriam S on Wed, Jan 02 2019, 11:23 pm; edited 2 times in total

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 10:58 pm
amother wrote:
Read this:
http://www.forefronthealth.com.....gers/

Uh, yeah. So mall the people I know with thyroid issues including Hashimoto recovered much better when they went low carb. Reduced meds, increased health. Doctors support it. But hey, get your advice from random sites on the internet.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 11:00 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Andrea, you continue to be an inspiration, and I am so happy for all your results!

I'm only about 10 "vanity" pounds overweight, but when I eat carbs I feel like I've been run over by a truck. Pasta is the devil, even though I love the taste. I'm slowly teaching my taste buds to like substitutions. If I'm going to have pasta, now I at least make it soba noodles - they have a richer flavor and are more filling, with tons of nutrients.

For fats, I eat avocados every chance I can when they are in season. If I can't find them, I'll eat high fat goat or sheep cheeses, or at the very least a large tablespoon of cream cheese.

A small portion of high fat can keep me satisfied for much longer that "carb fats" or processed fats. I could eat a pint of ice cream and still be hungry, but a slice of rich brie will keep my happy for hours.

I also love making gravy with the fats from cooking meat. Soooo goood!

BTW, if the keto diet gives you bad breath, eat mint leaves and celery leaves. Chlorophyll supplements work really well, too.

I dream of being ten pounds from goal! It’s very important that you should do what works for you. It sounds like what you do does work for you!

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 11:08 pm
dankbar wrote:
Andrea I'm so impressed how you got your whole family to lose the weight! It's one thing to lose yourself but yet another to inspire & motivate others, as wel!l

In all fairness, my mom and I both started at the same time, separately- but my husband, son and daughter all got on board eventually. My dad it’s a combination of me and my mom. What’s actually crazy is the number of friends inspired and succeeeding! I can’t go anywhere locally without running into ppl who tell me that I inspired them and then they realized it was for them too. I get requests for help daily. It’s good for me too, because it reinforces to me what I need. Watching others suffer still is all I need to remember what a short trip back into hell it would be for me.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 11:10 pm
Orchid wrote:
Andrea, I love your posts!

Thanks! It’s so nice of you to say!

dankbar

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 12:04 pm
So what's the truth about thyroid issues yes low carb or not?
My sil suffers on thyroid issues
Shes doing now only protein & veg in her diet
Is that good for her or no?

coffeeholic

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 1:27 pm
Any medical condition should be discussed with a physician please! As well meaning as the advice and information on here may be, unless someone is a doctor specifically trained in nutrition as impacted by thyroid conditions, the information may not be 100% correct.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Jan 03 2019, 11:13 pm
dankbar wrote:
So what's the truth about thyroid issues yes low carb or not?
My sil suffers on thyroid issues
Shes doing now only protein & veg in her diet
Is that good for her or no?

I know a huge number of people that it’s working for but I don’t know a lot about it. If she’s on fb she can friend me and I’ll add her to the group. She can search the group for the stories of others. Also, high protein without fat is not good for anyone. Fat is incredibly important.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise