Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
A Conversation between the unborns

Shoshana Rose

Post Thu, Nov 22 2018, 3:03 pm
In a mother’s womb were two babies. One asked the other: “Do you believe in life after delivery?”The other replied, “Why, of course. There has to be something after delivery. Maybe we are here to prepare ourselves for what we will be later.”

“Nonsense,” said the first. “There is no life after delivery. What kind of life would that be?”

The second said, “I don’t know, but there will be more light than here. Maybe we will walk with our legs and eat from our mouths. Maybe we will have other senses that we can’t understand now.”

The first replied, “That is absurd. Walking is impossible. And eating with our mouths? Ridiculous! The umbilical cord supplies nutrition and everything we need. But the umbilical cord is so short. Life after delivery is to be logically excluded.”

The second insisted, “Well I think there is something and maybe it’s different than it is here. Maybe we won’t need this physical cord anymore.”

The first replied, “Nonsense. And moreover, if there is life, then why has no one ever come back from there? Delivery is the end of life, and in the after-delivery, there is nothing but darkness and silence and oblivion. It takes us nowhere.”

“Well, I don’t know,” said the second, “but certainly we will meet Mother and she will take care of us.”

The first replied “Mother? You actually believe in Mother? That’s laughable. If Mother exists then where is She now?”

The second said, “She is all around us. We are surrounded by her. We are of Her. It is in Her that we live. Without Her this world would not and could not exist.”

Said the first: “Well I don’t see Her, so it is only logical that She doesn’t exist.”

To which the second replied, “Sometimes, when you’re in silence and you focus and listen, you can perceive Her presence, and you can hear Her loving voice, calling down from above.”

Maybe this was one of the best explanations of the concept of GOD.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Nov 22 2018, 3:24 pm
This is a very famous mashal about olam hazeh and olam habah. Abie rottenberg has a song about it. “Conversation in the womb”

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Nov 22 2018, 3:34 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
This is a very famous mashal about olam hazeh and olam habah. Abie rottenberg has a song about it. “Conversation in the womb”

Amazing song...

“Dear Malachel No! I don’t want to go...

What you hear are sounds of joy, congratulations it’s a boy!
Soon you’ll be here with me in this world to come...”

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Nov 22 2018, 3:42 pm

Harried mama

Post Thu, Nov 22 2018, 4:01 pm
amother wrote:
Amazing song...

“Dear Malachel No! I don’t want to go...

What you hear are sounds of joy, congratulations it’s a boy!
Soon you’ll be here with me in this world to come...”

Those are 2 different songs you have there. "Dear Malach'l" is not part of Conversation in the Womb. It's part of Neshome'le.

imasoftov

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 9:11 am
This is apikorsus. Children learn the entire Torah in the womb, and so would know about life outside the womb, walking, light, eating.

Sleepymama

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 4:12 pm
imasoftov wrote:
This is apikorsus. Children learn the entire Torah in the womb, and so would know about life outside the womb, walking, light, eating.

She's joking right?
It can't be that she doesn't realize this is a mashal...?

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 4:23 pm
imasoftov wrote:

This is the most frustrating part of Judaism to me. This is the clear opinion of a tanna in the gemara. If I say I'm not sure I believe it, I'm an apikores. That being said, I'm not sure I believe that an embryo is taught the entire torah and then pinched above the mouth as he/she is being born and forgets it all. What can I say, I don't understand how I'm supposed to believe this.

Shoshana Rose

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 4:53 pm
why is it so hard to believe?

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 5:38 pm
Shoshana Rose wrote:
why is it so hard to believe?

It's not that I don't believe it, it's more like I'm not sure. Is there anything, absolutely anything, that the gemara would say that you wouldn't say, sure, I believe it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational