Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Cute Stories
What is your "I can't believe I just did that !" moment?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

bbhem5

Post Sat, Nov 24 2018, 11:00 pm
It was suppertime. I put a bib on my 1 year old and took another bib to put on the 2 1/2 year old. My 9 year old walked up to me so, without a thought, I tried to put the bib on her. She was not amused.

Tzutzie

Post Sat, Nov 24 2018, 11:08 pm
amother wrote:
I wore two different colors of the same shoe to work one day. Thank gd I was also wearing a long skirt so it wasn't that obvious. Smile
omg. My teacher arrived at school this way. Same shoe in two colors. She hid under her desk then just "came clean" blamed it on the kids (didn't believe her then
totally believe her now) we all had a gooood laugh.

I call dh. Sheifala. Or bubbala....
I recently tried spoon feeding him. Two weeks ago I found the ice cream in the fridge..... no wonder I couldn't find it the night before.....

dankbar

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 6:46 am
I poured coffee instead of cocoa on top of my toddlers pasta this week

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 7:00 am
dankbar wrote:
I poured coffee instead of cocoa on top of my toddlers pasta this week

Wait...you wanted to pour cocoa on top of pasta on purpose??

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 7:05 am
I once, a very long time ago, strained my chicken soup in the manner the one drains pasta. I poured it through a colander and all the delicious soup went down the drain and I was left with the vegetables and bones.

tsc3

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 7:16 am
amother wrote:
I once, a very long time ago, strained my chicken soup in the manner the one drains pasta. I poured it through a colander and all the delicious soup went down the drain and I was left with the vegetables and bones.

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter
I literally laughed out loud!

yersp

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 7:24 am
amother wrote:

I do it for myself and kids too!! 😋 yummm

Emotional

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 7:49 am
amother wrote:

My mother used to make this for us. Sometimes with pasta, sometimes with rice. I think it's a Hungarian way of preparing it. Cocoa and sugar.
They would also serve that sometimes in Camp Shem-esh, when I was a kid in the late '80's. (Dating myself here...😄)

Emotional

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 7:50 am
amother wrote:

I want to cry... poor soup ... poor you!😶

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 8:48 am
amother wrote:

I did this once while pregnant with my first. I was so proud of myslef and my feet and body were so achy from working till 7:30 the last few weeks and I still managed to make yummy soup.
When I realized what I did, I sat down and cried for a long time. I cried out all the exhaustion. It wasn't fun or a pretty sight.

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 8:50 am
I tend to do lots of crazy things but nothing I can think of off the top of my head. But when it'd mentioned here I go, "oh dear, I remember when I did that!"

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 9:48 am
amother wrote:

Yup. Believe it or not, it's a "frum thing" in the tristate area. I was also shocked when I heard of it.

joyful mom

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 9:56 am
amother wrote:
Yup. Believe it or not, it's a "frum thing" in the tristate area. I was also shocked when I heard of it.

Why shocked?

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 11:56 am
My friend washed her hands with the pump from the big bottle of oil on my counter. Same hight and pump as the soap. Poor her was wondering why her hands weren't getting clean!

Bellamom

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 12:16 pm
While making coffee, I put the milk on the stove and the kettle in the fridge. Oops. Realized it 2 minutes later. Lol

imasoftov

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 12:54 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
This morning I woke up tired and went straight to the kitchen to prepare a formula bottle for my baby.
But guess what I did? I prepared a coffee in the baby's bottle!
I still can't get over that I did that. What's your funny "can't believe I did that " story?

dankbar

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 1:21 pm
Yes my kids only want to eat cocoa with sugar on top of pasta or white rice....that is how I know many kids eat it. School serves it that way for lunch. That's how we only ate it as kids growing up.....we didn't want it any other way. For adults I serve differently like spaghetti with tomato sauce. Bowtie noodles with sauteed cabbage. Spiral noodles coated with bread crumbs. Macaroni (elbow noodles) with cottage cheese & sugar. Lomein with veggies. Spiral with sauteed california veg & melted cheese. Baked ziti. I do diff types of pasta as you see but always leave over some plain for the kids that will only have it with cocoa/sugar & not the one I'm doing.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 2:06 pm
I put K-Y on my toothbrush and only noticed as soon as I started brushing my teeth.
In my defense the K-Y shouldn’t have been in that draw. Don’t know how it got there. embarrassed

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 2:20 pm
imasoftov wrote:

Lol. I was actually wearing pjs that said "I need coffee" , when I did that .
Thanks everyone for the laughs!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 2:34 pm
Not so funny one: I was on the phone, very upset, emotional, crying, whatever, and during the conversation I went to get myself some ibuprofen. About ten minutes later I was horrified to realize the two pills I had taken were my morning medications - an antidepressant and (much much worse!) a STIMULANT! I had just gone through my normal motions, taking one pill out of each bottle, even noting that I was getting low on one!
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics