Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Dd didn’t get her period in six months

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Nov 22 2018, 11:57 pm
She’s 15 and her last period was 6 months ago.
Thoughts?

happyone

Post Thu, Nov 22 2018, 11:58 pm
how's her nutrition? malnutrition can affect your cycle . it can also be a sign of PCOS. start by talking to your pediatrician or to a doc specializing in adolescents.

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Nov 23 2018, 12:19 am
Girls in concentration camps didn't get periods for over a year. Maybe on a very small scale she has a lot of stress and anxiety

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Nov 23 2018, 12:21 am
girls in eretz yisroel seminary sometimes don't get it for the year

nicole81

Post Fri, Nov 23 2018, 12:27 am
I always went months without it in my teens.and twenties.

Rappel

Post Fri, Nov 23 2018, 12:28 am
Some possible options:
Malnutrition
PCOS
Severe stress
Sudden weight loss
Some forms of meditation
New dorm situation (women smell each other and it messes with their period as their bodies try to match cycles)
Pregnancy

Motherhood

Post Fri, Nov 23 2018, 12:53 pm
How many times did she get it already? I got it the first time when I was over 14, then had a 6 month break. After that I never had such a break again.

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Nov 23 2018, 1:02 pm
Motherhood wrote:
How many times did she get it already? I got it the first time when I was over 14, then had a 6 month break. After that I never had such a break again.

She got it the first time at age 12. No, she would not get it every month, sometimes every 2-3 months which is normal in teenagers afaik. But she never went yet this long without getting it.

livinginflatbus

Post Fri, Nov 23 2018, 1:13 pm
Never got it normally when I was a teen ...

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Nov 23 2018, 1:14 pm
This happens to my girls all the time. Pediatrician said to add more protein and dairy products (especially drinking milk). It worked. Girls are definitely a lot more regular now.

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Nov 23 2018, 2:17 pm
livinginflatbus wrote:
Never got it normally when I was a teen ...

Op here

Me neither. And neither did my daughter. But 6 months? Is that also considered - not getting it normal? Or is it a concern? That’s my question.

livinginflatbus

Post Fri, Nov 23 2018, 2:26 pm
I once didn’t get it for eight months so my mother called the doc he gave me provera I think to bring it on . Bh I got pregnant right away . I wouldn’t worry but if it’s much longer consult a doctor.

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Nov 23 2018, 2:53 pm
Are her eating habits normal? Don't mean to be an alarmist but sometimes that's a sign of an eating disorder.

Rappel

Post Sat, Nov 24 2018, 12:39 pm
amother wrote:
Op here

Me neither. And neither did my daughter. But 6 months? Is that also considered - not getting it normal? Or is it a concern? That’s my question.

I didn't get it regularly either as a teen. I definitely wouldn't get it for 6 months at a time. Usually, I had a bunch in the summer (I'm guessing it's because I was more active - yay PCOS!) and none in the winter. My OBGYN told me that so long as I get a period 3-4 times a year, I'm in the clear.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children