Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Average price for camera for teens

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Nov 23 2018, 6:26 am
so dd has been getting cheap cameras the last few years, each one breaking after a year. I went away recently for a week and she helped run the house, babysat, helped cook, etc. and I told her as a reward I'd like to get her a new camera since her old one broke. I was thinking $100-120 range. she wants a certain one that today on black friday I can get for $350. usually its $400. she said soooo many of her friends have good expensive cameras, and she wants one that wont break...she'll be careful with it...blah blah (she really is careful with her things, her previous cameras break from malfunciton, not getiing dropped or wet, etc). but dh and I think its too extravagant. what's a reasonable price to spend on a camera for a high schooler, one that will last a few years?

ahuva06

Post Fri, Nov 23 2018, 6:44 am
Maybe you can tell her that you're willing to pay $120 towards a camera and if she wants a better one she can chip in for the rest. I think that's pretty fair...

Eta: Canon PowerShot SX720 HS is a very good camera that's currently on sale on Amazon. (It's $239)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children