Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Flying Polish Airlines to Israel

amother
Red

Post Sun, Nov 25 2018, 3:48 pm
Hi,

Does anyone have experience or know anything about Polish Airlines? Their tickets seem cheapest for the dates we need to fly to Israel, but I'm scared. Are they the Spirit Airlines of international travel? We will be traveling with babies and it's not worth getting cheaper tickets if it's going to be a hassle.

Also, maybe it's echoes of the Holocaust, but I'm scared of Poland... Is this a valid fear? Would you fly Polish Air to get to Israel?

Thanks in advance!

jf

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 12:01 pm
We are flying on Lot Polish Airlines in January to Israel, connecting in Warsaw. I asked a lot of people before I booked and found several--Jewish and not--who have flown that airline with no problem. I have mixed feelings about being in Poland but it was the only way we could take this trip, price-wise. I am going to try not to spend any money in the airport!

Juicy

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 3:52 pm
I traveled Lot with a 6 hour stopover. We had the most amazing time touring Warsaw. I have a number of a driver that can take you around there if you have a long stopover, got his number from chabad shliach.

etky

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 10:22 pm
LOT is a solid airline and it also recently refurbished its long-haul fleet. It now flies the Dreamliner (787) between NY and Warsaw. I imagine it must be relatively comfortable. I can't speak to the inflight service but I'm sure you can google tripadvisor on that.
The WAW-TLV leg is probably just as uncomfortable as pretty much all the airlines that fly the packed narrow-body sardine cans from Europe to TLV.
If you're lucky you won't be sharing the plane with Israeli 11th and 12th graders on their HS Poland trip....

Zeleze

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 4:02 am
No meal on the WAW-TLV leg of the trip besides some water, so fill up beforhand

amother
Red

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 9:45 am
Thank you all! Feeling a bit better about it. I feel like Warsaw is one of the scariest places in the world for me but at least it's nice to know the airline is considered fine, safe, and respectable.

Our stopover isn't really long enough to tour, plus we'll be with a baby, so I think we'll just try to make it to the next plane as calmly as we can.

Good tip about the meal! Thank you. (Though I guess being used to flying within the US I wasn't expecting one.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions