Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Hair and make up prices around the world
1  2  Next

littleprincess

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 3:21 am
I read in another thread that in Lakewood make up artists charge 100$ a face!!! In my opinion this is extremely expensive

I recently paid in England 40£ for professional make up . That's 50$ and I think this is the normal going rate here .
For sheitel wash and sets it's between 25 and 40£ (30-40$) depending on how experienced the sheitel macher is .

I don't know how much they charge for updo's/ hairstyling for weddings

yo'ma

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 6:44 am
I have no idea about make up because I've never done it, but sheitals are really inexpensive. It doesn't mean much because most all services are really cheap here, but products are not. I think the last time I paid for my sheital to be done was less than $15. My friend who does it said she can't even charge more because people won't pay it. She's on the higher end, but she does a fantastic job and is b'h very busy. She also colors, sells, adds hair, fixes it, etc..

In case you're using your phone to read this post, I'm in Argentina Wink .

Ruchel

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 7:15 am
I've seen all prices for make up from 25 to 100+
You can probably find 20 euros if you're willing to go there instead
Wig wise I've seen 20 to 100+

bamba

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 9:35 pm
I recently got my makeup done in srael most makeup artists are charging 300-350 shekel.
That’s about 80-90$
UK I find most people are cheaper than that.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 9:39 pm
Was it for a kallah? I always see so much more (double) charged for a bride even though it doesn't seem like it's any more make-up or work.

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 10:56 pm
In Brooklyn and monsey the price for a kalla's hair and face can range from $600-$3,000.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 10:59 pm
amother wrote:
In Brooklyn and monsey the price for a kalla's hair and face can range from $600-$3,000.

OMG! Why? Can someone in the business explain this. I know it isn't so much more work.

I think I should become a make-up artist.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 11:11 pm
amother wrote:
OMG! Why? Can someone in the business explain this. I know it isn't so much more work.

I think I should become a make-up artist.

I’m a hairstylist & the only way I can explain very high prices is there are people willing to pay. If I could make $100 for a wash & set I would charge it.
There are artists who people really like & they are willing to pay lots of $$$ to have them do their hair & makeup. There are also very talented hair & makeup artists that are reasonably priced. But you also have those who are lucky enough to have clients will to pay a lot more then the market average.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 12:12 am
$600 is usually hair and makeup for the kalla alone. Than the price goes up according to how many people you add to the package. So a kalla and her 5 sisters hair and makeup can easily be $3000. This includes the makeup artist going down to the hall after chuppa to do touch ups.
I dont get why they charge so much, but they sure do get this amount.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 6:08 am
amother wrote:
$600 is usually hair and makeup for the kalla alone. Than the price goes up according to how many people you add to the package. So a kalla and her 5 sisters hair and makeup can easily be $3000. This includes the makeup artist going down to the hall after chuppa to do touch ups.
I dont get why they charge so much, but they sure do get this amount.

We charge because we trained to do our job.
We charge because our time is $$.
We charge because it’s physical labor doing hair & makeup.
We charge because we are doing a job.
We charge because the market will pay us.
We charge because the tool & products we use are expensive.
I could go on but I think I made my point.

Like In every insdustry there are different levels of service & products. Everything comes in cheaper versions & more expensive ones.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 7:47 am
Amother gold, so please explain to my why if the normal amount for a face is $85, so a kalla with 5 sisters should be $510. Why the $1000 or more?????? I honestly dont understand this.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 7:54 am
amother wrote:
Amother gold, so please explain to my why if the normal amount for a face is $85, so a kalla with 5 sisters should be $510. Why the $1000 or more?????? I honestly dont understand this.

Because people will pay it.

When I was a Kallah I paid around $100 for bridal make-up in a store around the corner vs spending a load of $ via frum trade. You can make choices about who you choose to support and where you spend your $. Make up is not a priority for me so I don’t spend $ on it.

I agree with Ima Gold - if you have worked hard to earn your skill, why not price high if people will pay?

flapsmom

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 10:47 am
Like others have said, the price is whatever people are willing to pay and I have had sheital machers themselves tell me this. I paid $80 to have my face done 3 years ago (which was pretty expensive IMHO) but now they want $110. Makeup did NOT get that much more expensive!!

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 10:55 am
amother wrote:
Because people will pay it.

When I was a Kallah I paid around $100 for bridal make-up in a store around the corner vs spending a load of $ via frum trade. You can make choices about who you choose to support and where you spend your $. Make up is not a priority for me so I don’t spend $ on it.

I agree with Ima Gold - if you have worked hard to earn your skill, why not price high if people will pay?

Because it is not menshlich to take advantage of people. It’s not menshlich to overcharge.

I understand your tools cost and I understand you work hard but please don’t tell me the cost of makeup went up in the last 2 years by $35.

Should we start paying $5 for a bottle of milk because “people will pay for it”?

It’s not right.

Charge $65. Charge $75. For your skill.
But do not charge $100 just because you “can”.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 10:59 am
amother wrote:
Because it is not menshlich to take advantage of people. It’s not menshlich to overcharge.

I understand your tools cost and I understand you work hard but please don’t tell me the cost of makeup went up in the last 2 years by $35.

Should we start paying $5 for a bottle of milk because “people will pay for it”?

It’s not right.

Charge $65. Charge $75. For your skill.
But do not charge $100 just because you “can”.

So companies that make luxury items or provide luxury services shouldn’t charge more for their products or services?
The more expensive hair & makeup artists are a luxury of you can’t afford it don’t use them. Use someone who is in your price range.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 11:43 am
I'm not sure if this is a factor here, but I've noticed that as opposed to 5 years ago, when prices were cheaper, most people today do their lashes (lash extensions) which is included in the $100.
I didn't even know about lash extensions 5 years ago and don't recall having seen anyone with it. Today, everyone I see has false extensions as part of their make up.

karat

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 11:45 am
Makeup artists usually charge extra for lash extensions.

karat

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 11:48 am
Like every other service, the price goes according to supply and demand.
Nobody forces anyone to pay $100 plus for makeup. There are plenty of stores and newly trained artists who will do it for half the price.

flapsmom

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 12:31 pm
I feel like someone isn't considered "good" unless they are expensive. Like, if she's really good then why is she so cheap? I know someone who raised her prices based on this alone.

flapsmom

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 12:35 pm
karat wrote:
Like every other service, the price goes according to supply and demand.
Nobody forces anyone to pay $100 plus for makeup. There are plenty of stores and newly trained artists who will do it for half the price.

I'm sure there are those that are cheaper but as far as supply- I feel like there are at least a dozen new makeup artists each year and still we were quoted at least $100/face (not including lashes) by the EIGHT different makeup artists we called. As soon as one raises their price everyone else says, hey! If she can charge... then I can too!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics